Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I used to be a big advocate for DPD largely due to the drivers and the smooth system but it's getting to the point where they are becoming as unreliable as Parcelmotel when some exception happens.

The predict windows are coming later and later every morning, in some cases a full 30 minutes before the actual delivery. Most of my deliveries from Amazon always feature an open box with the seals clearly broken.

This morning I got predict notifications at 0916 for deliveries at 1222 which is fine by it self but at 1202 the app notified me of a failed delivery with a status of "Delivery failed", trust me no DPD driver was here, I have a full view of my driveway.

Chat CS is of the opinion that the real status is "Rescheduled Delivery" because the driver is just delayed but can't provide me with a reliable new window of time, just a vague, sure it will be this afternoon. Which I know is a "go away" answer because it is not going to happen.

The App now tells me that they need some help in delivering this and tells me to contact the depot.

When Ciara was still monitoring the board or answering Chats, this would have been sorted with an honest and concrete answer, but these days all you get is vague answers treating you like an idiot even if the App shows you a clear status.

I know too many parcels and new drivers (mostly in their private cars) are putting stress onto the system but I am usually a nice customer and have great understanding if something goes wrong, but only as long as someone is honest with me.

I will stop being positive about DPD for a while I think.

2 chat's later I finally got a text from the depot that it would be delivered within the next hour.

Seconds later a van pulls up and the driver hand over the parcel and again it was broken, this time even worse with half of the bottom ripped open. Not a word from him about the condition, in effect he managed to conceal it until I picked it up. Content was fine so I took it in, but that is really getting annoying.

According to the driver the parcel was put into the wrong place and van which is why I needed to be rescheduled.

They really need to work on how to communicate when there are issues. Errors happen but how it's dealt with counts, DPD used to be superior in that respect but now it's just stupid.

When they noticed at 1200 that the parcel was on the wrong van they could just have send a notification with a new predict window. Now I had to wait 3 hours longer than planned to get the package and chase it up because it was not clear when it would arrive (today/Monday).

One of the reasons to use DPD is the predict window, this is getting crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You must be unlucky with the depot that handles your parcels - they sound crap :( The one that delivers mine is great - the drivers even know that the mail room here in work is closed at certain times and if my delivery window is during that time they come before or after so no problems with them not having access!

tk123 wrote: »
    You must be unlucky with the depot that handles your parcels - they sound crap :( The one that delivers mine is great - the drivers even know that the mail room here in work is closed at certain times and if my delivery window is during that time they come before or after so no problems with them not having access!

My depot used to be excellent and the drivers top notch, but in the last couple of month it has slowly gone down hill.

Couple that with disinterested people on the Chat line.

Maybe after x-mas it goes back to normal.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi, very sorry to hear about your delayed delivery and the condition of the package. Please PM the tracking number on this parcel and I will send on your details to the depot manager for investigation. Your feedback is very important to us. Kind regards, Liam

• Advertisement

I just had a nice conversation with someone who followed up on my post and pm.

It seams that there is an unfortunate system limitation at present that does not allow for follow up or change messages to be send to the App/SMS etc. if there is an exception like the driver delayed or an issue with the parcel once the predict windows message has been send. The status shown than is just a general message like "rescheduled" for example without any further details.

That is unfortunate and hopefully that will be addressed in a further system upgrade.

So let's see what the x-mas traffic and the amazon black Friday is going to bring.

Just showed up as online notification:
    Hello from the Parcel Wizard team!

We're updating out systems between6-8 p.m. on Thursday17th November so you may be experience some service disruption during this period. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Let's hope it brings us remaining credit display.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If they don't they should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

You can now see your credit balance via the website :), About time.

Wow Credit Balance visible on the Dashboard and the new "My Returns" function (with a small selection of retailers) on the web.

Nothing in the Apps yet unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Nice! Thanks for the credit balance update! just received my parcel yesto ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Does their depot in the north not open on Saturdays? An order on Amazon says delivery attempted this morning. Carrier was Amazon Logistics.

Does their depot in the north not open on Saturdays? An order on Amazon says delivery attempted this morning. Carrier was Amazon Logistics.

It's only open a limited amount of time and Amazon Logistics delivers all sort of hours.

Best is to go into the Amazon Address settings and tick "Don't deliver on weekends" to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Do you have to use Paypal now to top up Parcel Wizard?

I recall using my credit card before and no additional fees, has this gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I only remember PayPal myself but they pay the fees , not you.

I'd prefer a parcel motel setup and be charged retrospectively but they don't seem interested for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

DPD up North close at 10.30 on Saturday, not open Sunday. But you have to be divinely inspired about this as they don't have this information in their 8 pages of FAQs. That's p1ss poor in my book, especially when you ring to enquire why delivery failed and you're told on the phone by a Customer Services Agent "you should not assume that it would be open on a Saturday at 11.30". One can only "assume" what is reasonable to expect, especially when the information is not readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Berty wrote: »
    I only remember PayPal myself but they pay the fees , not you.

OK good stuff so you only get charged the €11.55 for 3 deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

mrcheez wrote: »
    OK good stuff so you only get charged the €11.55 for 3 deliveries?
    yeah once you buy topup theres option for 1 delivery or 3,so 11.55 gets you 3 deliveries.

now its news to me that they would be so blatant on not having anyone taking in deliveries over weekend,its hardly expensive to have person present to sign and take in delivery which might be close to end of day or even Sunday,just to store it aside before working week resumes - given amount of competition and christmas coming on soon you'd expect service as such operating full throttle,since many seem switched from similar services and given opportunity its wasteful for company to get messages well if it was sat delivery it might or might not be delivered since cant afford a person to take em in,and bounce backs just add to overall cost and delay when main priority id basically getting item from one point to another and straight delivery,that makes this service appealing to most.

So hopefully someone realizes that extra hours or person is needed,as will be using pw over christmas shopping and while never bothered to pick days which not to deliver it would be nice to know it can operate as rest of couriers.Since had many glitches with quite dew deliveries but at the end they would do good from their side.

Also anyone with experience when getting multiple items from different senders like amazon has different sellers thus in some cases delays are few days to week apart,and while dont mind getting deliveries and paying for each parcel,but wonder is it better to say put schedule on about week ahead following trackers on amazon to get all items delivered at once,or is it situation where even if set time its possible it would be lost and having few deliveries showing up at different times.Since amazon does usually one box in bulk if its from them but with other companies when doing multiple items issue is you get daily deliveries,thus seems a bit of a waste,if say wanting to get all items on one go,since either way they collect cash from each parcel as separate,but wonder is there some management in place to make it work,since so far only few times that had deliveries and items were separate,not PW fault but when having few days difference seems reasonable option to consider.

Great news for App users, the latest beta version now also has the balance and top up function on the home screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Great news for App users, the latest beta version now also has the balance and top up function on the home screen.

Is it on Google Play??

Bloody hell I have €23 in credit lol! :p Just as well they've added it - no more panic topups!

Is it on Google Play??

You need to be a tester to get this version, if you are, you should get a mail/notification. If not, you need to be patient until it comes out.
    Bloody hell I have €23 in credit lol! :p Just as well they've added it - no more panic topups!

I know, it was about time. It's already on the webpage, but in the App it's just much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigalk

TEXT ALERT?

I just rang my local depot to see if i ordered goods via DPD (from an Irish business) would I get a text alert (or a call before). The person in my local depot told me it is not guaranteed.

I cant use your service unless I am guaranteed to get notice. The place where I work is not accessible to couriers and so I have to go to meet them at the entrance, and that takes some time.

Can you clarify this please:
    1) Do all customers get a text alerts about their parcel or not? Is this 'built in' to the system or is there some way that my supplier must request it to ensure it happens?
    2) Is it possible to request a call before hand, is this part of the service?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Is there a service issue at the moment? Package hit their collection warehouse a week ago but I'm not getting any update, even after contacting support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Rewired wrote: »
    Is there a service issue at the moment? Package hit their collection warehouse a week ago but I'm not getting any update, even after contacting support.

try to contact them through live chat https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/contact-us

i asked them about my delivery yesterday and they said due to weather conditions not all items were delivered. im expecting a parcel today.

again try to follow up because a week is a long time. 2/3 days i can understand but not a week

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Thanks, package has gone missing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

Im tracking a package sent with Royal Mail that apparently was delivered at 8am today or at a neighbours address as it says in the tracking info.

It says no signature also, but it still hasnt appeared in my future deliveries.

Is there delays with the depot in the North recently?

Doge wrote: »
    Im tracking a package sent with Royal Mail that apparently was delivered at 8am today or at a neighbours address as it says in the tracking info.

It says no signature also, but it still hasnt appeared in my future deliveries.

Is there delays with the depot in the North recently?

You need to wait a little bit longer - they usually send the mail/app alert in the afternoon. Last few I've gotten have been around 4:20pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

You need to wait a little bit longer - they usually send the mail/app alert in the afternoon. Last few I've gotten have been around 4:20pm

You were spot on, the text came afterwards. Last time I used PW you'd get a text before 2pm.

Advertisement