Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Doge wrote: »
    Im tracking a package sent with Royal Mail that apparently was delivered at 8am today or at a neighbours address as it says in the tracking info.

It says no signature also, but it still hasnt appeared in my future deliveries.

Is there delays with the depot in the North recently?
    had that happen few weeks back to me,give it a day or two at most and it should appear,mine was signed by someone and when contacted chat they said no such person was working there etc,until few hours later package got scanned delay at the time was almost 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

mrcheez wrote: »
    Do you have to use Paypal now to top up Parcel Wizard?

I recall using my credit card before and no additional fees, has this gone?

Looks like now you can top-up with credit card. That option wasn't there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Do they have a feature to auto-charge your card yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nope. At least they text now to tell you they have it and to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

scamalert wrote: »
    had that happen few weeks back to me,give it a day or two at most and it should appear,mine was signed by someone and when contacted chat they said no such person was working there etc,until few hours later package got scanned delay at the time was almost 3 days.
    Similar thing happened with mine, person who signed apparently unknown to DPD.

As an update to my issue, turns out the seller used a shipping label that omitted the Parcel Wizard reference (after being told why it was important to include it) which resulted in the package going 'missing' for over a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

So anyone else not receiving their parcel on the day specified lately?

Mine is due for delivery today usually between 9am and 11am, but i received no out for delivery notification via text, email or the app.

I rang customer support and the lady just said something about them still scanning packages in the North but as far as I can see its already processed from the tracking information:

K9MkozD.png

Rang my local depot prior to this and the phone rang out for ages, and the live support chat wouldnt work on the website.

Not impressed today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

my guess they might get swamped with all black friday deals hitting this and next week.Other then that got single delivery from amazon for couple items,which basically got scanned quite fast once it was delivered on monday,and late tuesday got message that due delivery was between 3-4pm and guy got there 4:20 ,not usual message in the mornings between 9-12 so new staff and extra volume might be harder to predict now when some packages might land or be delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I rang customer support and the lady just said something about them still scanning packages in the North but as far as I can see its already processed from the tracking information:

Rang my local depot prior to this and the phone rang out for ages, and the live support chat wouldnt work on the website.

Not impressed today!

How can you see the detailed tracking information? On My Parcel Wizard page I can only see in transit and if I put the tracking number into DPD I only get one line saying NONDPD VA Gateway

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

OMG, Can't believe I just heard this on the phone to them, Had a parcel due from DPD this morning my parcel included, What kinda world are we living in

OMG, Can't believe I just heard this on the phone to them, Had a parcel due from DPD this morning my parcel included, What kinda world are we living in

What happened? I can't understand that message.

• Advertisement

Parcel was robbed in the van this morning along with others, Was wondering cause he was idle on a road for about an hour,
    These things happen and Amazon is great for replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

So anyone else not receiving their parcel on the day specified lately?

This happened me yesterday, No text and thought it was a glitch, called customer service and they said its in your local depot they are probably just swamped and it will be delivered this evening. Called the local depot in the evening and they said it wont be out untill tomorrow (today)

I ended up calling into the depot myself to collect as needed it yesterday. The problem seems to lie with the local depot as it was delivered to them the night before, but for whatever reason the local driver must have decided he had too much on and left it behind.

Im due a package again tomorrow that was checked in this morning so will be interesting to see if it does actually come tomorrow or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

never again will i use a company who uses dpd as their delivery method . got delivery txt at 8am yesterday for yesterday evening. switched a few things around to be sure to be home.

driver rescheduled the delivery at 5.15 pm yesterday .. did not contact me, a feckin txt telling me he is up the walls and would tomorrow be ok for delivery would have sufficed. but no,he just brought it back to base and said nothing,actually made it look like i rescheduled it, i did not.

i said it to him today,he didnt even apologies,just shrugged said he didnt have time.

never again. and yes,i did inform dpd who ignored me,and i contacted the company i bought from,they did not ignore me.

rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

5500 wrote: »
    I ended up calling into the depot myself to collect as needed it yesterday. The problem seems to lie with the local depot as it was delivered to them the night before, but for whatever reason the local driver must have decided he had too much on and left it behind.

I called to the local depot and they had to manually search every address label to see if they could find my parcel. They are just under serious pressure at the moment and the vans are full.

They said theyd call me back if they found my parcel and in fairness they did at 4:30pm.

So went up and collected it in the end.

There should be a better system where youre alerted if your package isnt out for delivery on the date due.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I got the delivery notification last night for my pickup point but the pickup point told me they didn't receive anything yesterday. This should be fun

Had a parcel delivered to PW on the 29th, the site said it was due to be ready for collection on the 30th. Nothing happened yesterday. Had another parcel delivered to PW yesterday, the site said it was due to be ready today. Both now say 'Held at Depot'. Went on live chat and apparently it should be sent out to the pickup point tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Anyone having issues with online top up. I'm getting an error occured message each time. Also is there a number I can ring to top up over the phone?

Cheers

Anyone having issues with online top up. I'm getting an error occured message each time. Also is there a number I can ring to top up over the phone?

Cheers

How are you topping up? how far are you getting?

I tested just now with Paypal and credit got as far as confirming I wanted to pay.

Maybe try another browser.

Great service from parcel Wizard as usual, 3 parcels deliver to them yesterday, all received at home today, 1 was even oversize.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

No delay for myself either now, parcel checked in yesterday and delivered earlier on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

nava wrote: »
    How are you topping up? how far are you getting?

I tested just now with Paypal and credit got as far as confirming I wanted to pay.

Maybe try another browser.

Got to the bottom of the problem in the end. I had n/a as a postcode in the address and this was causing the error. All working fine now.

Do they deliver to pickup points during the weekends?

One parcel due for delivery on the 30th is 'Held in Depot'
    One parcel due for delivery on the 1st is 'In Transit'

Was promised a call back but never happened. Looks like I'm the unlucky one when it comes to PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

One parcel due for delivery on the 30th is 'Held in Depot' One parcel due for delivery on the 1st is 'In Transit'

Seems like they are delivering on Sat (not sure if this is just cos of Xmas)
    Today I woke to the dreaded ""sorry we missed you"" card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Seems like they are delivering on Sat (not sure if this is just cos of Xmas)
    Today I woke to the dreaded ""sorry we missed you"" card

When I was out for a walk this morning I saw our regular driver deliver to households, usually on Saturday they only do special delivery to companies.

Also I just got a notification from Hermes that they delivered a parcel just now to the NI address.

So I think the x-mas business has them pulling extra shifts and work.

However why your local depot would not have scanned it for delivery and send you an e-mail/text is something I can't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Had a parcel delivered to PW on the 29th, the site said it was due to be ready for collection on the 30th. Nothing happened yesterday. Had another parcel delivered to PW yesterday, the site said it was due to be ready today. Both now say 'Held at Depot'. Went on live chat and apparently it should be sent out to the pickup point tomorrow.
    I had the 'held at depot message' yesterday got my delivery 8.30 this morning.They seem to be handling the extra business better than their competitors

The parcel that Hermes delivered this afternoon has now shown up on Parcelwizard.ie and is forecasted to be delivered on Monday.

They really are trying hard to cope with the x-mas traffic.

Are all you guys getting it sent to your house or Pickup point?

House.

For me house makes the most sense.

Also the calendar functions allows me to hold (or deliver to a shop) on days where I can't be at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

iPhone app update - can check balance now on the app.

Advertisement