Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Still no new Android version...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Has anyone been able to get meaningful response from Live Chat? Was promised a call back once which never happened. The rest of the times I just get a "Let me look into that" message and around 5 minutes later the agent leaves the chat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Anyone else having problems with Iphone app? when I click on My Deliveries icon the app crashes every time, I deleted and re-install but still the same issue, all the other options look like are working ok.

Also some of the features need to configured them on the website, on the app we have the icons but bring you to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Got to the bottom of the problem in the end. I had n/a as a postcode in the address and this was causing the error. All working fine now.

Thanks for this, I was having the same problem and this sorted it.

I'm stuck in Hell right now.

DPD just delivered my last Amazon Pantry Parcel and it was clearly somewhere damaged because it had loads of clear tape everywhere, not the way Amazon packs.

When I opened it, it became clear, that this parcel was damaged in transit (it took Hermes 3 instead of 2 days to deliver it in the first place) with loads of items damaged slightly (still usable) or completely destroyed.

I'm sure it happened at Hermes and not DPD because on the bottom of the parcel there was another parcel addressed to someone else with a Hermes label (not addressed to another parcel wizard user or send from Amazon).

Amazon is offering a returnfree refund for some of the damaged items (i.e. those which are unusable) and a return of the whole parcel if I want a complete refund. Hard to do because it's not easy to get a big box up North and they won't offer a label for Ireland as it was shipped to the North.

All that is fine, I can live with that (returnfree refund for the major damages), but how the hell do I get the parcel that is not mine back to either Hermes or the receiver or sender?

Amazon can't help, Hermes does not deal with end customers (contact your retailer) and sending the parcel to the sender or receiver will cost a lot of money as it's outside Ireland, and nobody is going to refund that for me.

Not DPD's fault, but the pitfall of using a northern address to re-ship.

I could just keep the parcel (I'm sure the content is not that expensive) but that would not feel right.

Anybody an idea what I can do?

• Advertisement

iPhone app update - can check balance now on the app.

Now also on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

I'm stuck in Hell right now.

DPD just delivered my last Amazon Pantry Parcel and it was clearly somewhere damaged because it had loads of clear tape everywhere, not the way Amazon packs.

When I opened it, it became clear, that this parcel was damaged in transit (it took Hermes 3 instead of 2 days to deliver it in the first place) with loads of items damaged slightly (still usable) or completely destroyed.

I'm sure it happened at Hermes and not DPD because on the bottom of the parcel there was another parcel addressed to someone else with a Hermes label (not addressed to another parcel wizard user or send from Amazon).

Amazon is offering a returnfree refund for some of the damaged items (i.e. those which are unusable) and a return of the whole parcel if I want a complete refund. Hard to do because it's not easy to get a big box up North and they won't offer a label for Ireland as it was shipped to the North.

All that is fine, I can live with that (returnfree refund for the major damages), but how the hell do I get the parcel that is not mine back to either Hermes or the receiver or sender?

Amazon can't help, Hermes does not deal with end customers (contact your retailer) and sending the parcel to the sender or receiver will cost a lot of money as it's outside Ireland, and nobody is going to refund that for me.

Not DPD's fault, but the pitfall of using a northern address to re-ship.

I could just keep the parcel (I'm sure the content is not that expensive) but that would not feel right.

Anybody an idea what I can do?

Did you explain the situation to DPD and see if they can do a one off and send the parcel to NI?

Amouar wrote: »
    Did you explain the situation to DPD and see if they can do a one off and send the parcel to NI?

I will do that tomorrow once they are available on the phone, the chat just timed out.

Unfortunately the sender is web shop with no phone and just an e-mail so that's hard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Buying a TV from some guy on Ebay and have used Parcel Motel before for an LCD TV without issue (cost me €17 in total I think) but as they seem to be having difficulties at the minute, was thinking of using Parcel Wizard for the first time.

Anyone ever order a TV before with them and if so, how much was the total cost?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Got a 50 inch last week for 3.85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

RossieMan wrote: »
    Got a 50 inch last week for 3.85.

Did they deliver it to your home or you had to collect it from depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Amouar wrote: »
    Did they deliver it to your home or you had to collect it from depot?

straight to the door.

Driver a bit of a dick, but other than that no issues with DPD.

TV did arrive bashed and broken, but returned it to Argos here who gave me a brand new one which worked, saved myself 150 euro on the prices between here and the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Is anyone finding that delivery to Antrim takes absolutely ages. The pw service is perfect once they receive the delivery. My oneplus was dispatched 8 days ago and still isn't in Antrim. My son uses parcel motel and delivery to their depot is much faster.

Customer Services at it's finest.

Parcel delivered by Yodel yesterday and signed for by DARIUSZ SKOAGH at 0800 but still not checked in. Same person signed for in the past, so I know it's DPD.

Customer Service answer:
    I am sorry but there is no way for me to track this. If you believe it was delivered but not scanned by us then you will need to contact the sender. They will need to follow this up on their end.

Oh man, I am using them from the beginning and they used to be on top of everything, but ever since the original staff has moved off Customer services the service is a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's pathetic that they don't know where the package is after it's been signed for at the depot. Worrying stuff.

It's pathetic that they don't know where the package is after it's been signed for at the depot. Worrying stuff.

I agree, they could at least have offered to take details (like package tracking number, sender etc.) and start an investigation but to simply point me to the sender (who says it was delivered, we wash our hands if you use a virtual address) is just a joke.

This would not have happened in the beginning, I don't know where they got this new staff from, but it might have been Virgin Media.

So one of the better guys came back to me and he says that this person (DARIUSZ SKOAGH) does not work for them.

Did anybody else on Monday (or anytime else) have something delivered via Yodel and signed for by this person? If so did it reach you.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Has anyone ordered from Footlocker UK/EU before? I tried putting in the address but it won't fit on their site. Can anyone else check it?

Well looks like Amazon had too many complaints, when I asked them for help in tracking down my parcel that DPD says they did not get, this is the answer:
    I'm sorry your item appears as delivered but it was not received, since this item was sent to a freight forwarder, I'm not able to replace or refund it.

Unfortunately, we don't have any more information about this. I would recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details so further resolution can take place.

I used the parcelmotel tracking function (the new one where you can search for a couriers trackingnumber) and they don't have it either (something that used to happen), so this one is lost and I will have to stomach the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I just posted the same in Addresspal thread, following on from an earlier post -
    I just missed a (super fast) Parcel Wizard delivery, got on to live chat and they gave me the drivers number, Got on to him and he said he will be back this way in an hour and will give me a ring. I could even have arranged for him to drop it with any neighbour or a specific time.

So far PW are winning Christmas for me. Addresspal may have been a day or two slower (which isn't much), but because they never gave me a notification by email or text i had a tough time finding out where my parcel was and it took 4 extra days to sort it.
    I have to say, being able to reschedule the delivery time and location at a short notice, is excellent.
    This is the service I thought would be the least efficient (having dealt with DPD in the past and not being great), but i am happy to eat my negative thoughts.
    Parcel Motel are way down at bottom of the heap for me from my experiences this November and December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

So one of the better guys came back to me and he says that this person (DARIUSZ SKOAGH) does not work for them.

Did anybody else on Monday (or anytime else) have something delivered via Yodel and signed for by this person? If so did it reach you.

Thanks
    sounds polish name,anyway have had same issue just after Halloween someone named kabab etc signed for it,got onto chat same this person doesnt work etc,until got onto chat with amazon about issue item got scanned and delivery for next day,so if on your amazon says delivered to that address and resident (any name) most likely its sitting waiting to be scanned.

To the credit of one specific individual with DPD, he chased this for me with the depot in Newtownabbey and it now transpires, that the person who signed is now working for Nightline (Parcelmotel), so the assumption is that this was delivered to Parcelmotel rather than DPD.

I checked via the Parcelmotel tracker but there is no record of it.

So I'm now back onto Amazon.

does it say on amazon site delivered to PW address or PM ?,since gather they might be close,since in my case it was same the person didnt work there while on chat one was checking it for me,until few hours later item got scanned in.

Let us know how you get on with amazon,since when mentioned PW to them was told to get back onto them,so rather say dpd,if opting for refund etc.

scamalert wrote: »
    does it say on amazon site delivered to PW address or PM ?,since gather they might be close,since in my case it was same the person didnt work there while on chat one was checking it for me,until few hours later item got scanned in.

Let us know how you get on with amazon,since when mentioned PW to them was told to get back onto them,so rather say dpd,if opting for refund etc.

One would think that DPD and Nightline would have come to an agreement how to handle this.

I'm sure there is loads of DPD UK deliveries going to Nightline so why Nightline is not just sending it over is beyond me. That is if this really got delivered to Parcelmotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

DPD guy dropped off 30ish parcels to my workplace today, all Parcel Wizard stuff. He said they were completely inundated but have a new system in place (?) the last few days and they are clearing the backlogs more quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I've had 5 PW deliveries in the last ten days all arrive on the promised day, compare that to an Amazon order shipped on 27 Nov that hasn't arrived yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Glebee

I was starting to get worried but hopefully its just the backlogs. Been using Parcel Wizard a good bit over the last year and always found it excellent. Have a delivery due to Antrim since last Friday (2nd Dec) from Amazon and its still showing as not delivered. Cant do a track on the courier info, I hope its just the backlog...

Amazon just came back and told me that as an exception they are going to replace the order for me, so I'm happy with that, even if it means I have to wait until next week Tuesday for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Glebee wrote: »
    I was starting to get worried but hopefully its just the backlogs. Been using Parcel Wizard a good bit over the last year and always found it excellent. Have a delivery due to Antrim since last Friday (2nd Dec) from Amazon and its still showing as not delivered. Cant do a track on the courier info, I hope its just the backlog...

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago with a delivery from Amazon so I'd say it's the backlog. I had paid for 'delivery by 1pm'/48hr and the seller refunded me the postage.

• Advertisement

Amazon just came back and told me that as an exception they are going to replace the order for me, so I'm happy with that, even if it means I have to wait until next week Tuesday for it.
    well you might get two :D if pw messed up and its waiting to be scanned,since when talking to PW got impression they have little clue whats going up the north,either way fair play for amazon,if indeed it was delivered elsewhere.

Advertisement