Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

scamalert wrote: »
    well you might get two :D if pw messed up and its waiting to be scanned,since when talking to PW got impression they have little clue whats going up the north,either way fair play for amazon,if indeed it was delivered elsewhere.

I'm gladly contacting Amazon than and accept a 2nd charge because it's goods for consumption ;-)

But I don't think this will show, it might be that Parcelmotel will send it over to Parcelwizard in a couple of days, but I deal with it there and than.

Now let's hope they don't use Yodel again ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

One would think that DPD and Nightline would have come to an agreement how to handle this.

I'm sure there is loads of DPD UK deliveries going to Nightline so why Nightline is not just sending it over is beyond me. That is if this really got delivered to Parcelmotel.

DPD used to refuse to deliver to PM before they set up PW. So there may be some bad blood there.
    Some UK sites and stores already have contracts with DPD. They are quite big in France and the UK, whereas Nightline, are not. It was a shitty thing to do, and they denied it before they set up PW, but they did definitely do it and probably still do to an extent. I would imagine that there is still bad blood between them as a result.
    F**k the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    I was starting to get worried but hopefully its just the backlogs. Been using Parcel Wizard a good bit over the last year and always found it excellent. Have a delivery due to Antrim since last Friday (2nd Dec) from Amazon and its still showing as not delivered. Cant do a track on the courier info, I hope its just the backlog...

Amazon have issued me a refund on the item.:( They said their carrier could not deliver to the Parcel Wizard address even though ve used the same address ton of times before with Amazon... Fcuk sake... Can I complain to DPD??

Amazon have issued me a refund on the item.:( They said their carrier could not deliver to the Parcel Wizard address even though ve used the same address ton of times before with Amazon... Fcuk sake... Can I complain to DPD??

Who was the courier?

Who was the courier?

WPDS from Amazon to Antrim

• Advertisement

WPDS from Amazon to Antrim

That's not necessarily DPD's fault, WPDS (Whistl Parcel Delivery Service) are simply that bad.

WPDS transport the parcels to local hubs (in this case to Newtownabbey) where they than hand them over to the Royalmail Hub for delivery. WPDS does not deliver themselves, they use Royalmail for the last mile.

Deliveries are very slow and for the most part can not be tracked as they don't have end to end tracking as the Royalmail is done as snail mail not traceable.

When you get the parcel you see that you actually have a Royalmail Postage on it.

Why Amazon continues to use these cowboys is beyond me but it's what it is.

So in this case it might just be an excuse that they could not deliver, because WPDS hands it over to Royalmail who dumps it into the container for DPD, should not be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Hi,

just have an issue regarding my parcel.
    I need it for tomorrow morning, last notification i got when i checked tracking was in Hinckley and it said it was on its way to Athlone.

any help please

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

leestone wrote: »
    Hi,

just have an issue regarding my parcel.
    I need it for tomorrow morning, last notification i got when i checked tracking was in Hinckley and it said it was on its way to Athlone.

any help please
    Hi, can you private message me with your DPD tracking number please? Thanks, Rebecca.

never again will i use a company who uses dpd as their delivery method . got delivery txt at 8am yesterday for yesterday evening. switched a few things around to be sure to be home.

driver rescheduled the delivery at 5.15 pm yesterday .. did not contact me, a feckin txt telling me he is up the walls and would tomorrow be ok for delivery would have sufficed. but no,he just brought it back to base and said nothing,actually made it look like i rescheduled it, i did not.

i said it to him today,he didnt even apologies,just shrugged said he didnt have time.

never again. and yes,i did inform dpd who ignored me,and i contacted the company i bought from,they did not ignore me.

rant over.

Hi, if you would like to private message me with your original DPD tracking number I will be happy to look into this matter for you. Best wishes, Rebecca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I've had six parcels delivered over the last ten days every one arrived on the expected day within the hour promised.Great service

• Advertisement

bigalk wrote: »
    TEXT ALERT?

I just rang my local depot to see if i ordered goods via DPD (from an Irish business) would I get a text alert (or a call before). The person in my local depot told me it is not guaranteed.

I cant use your service unless I am guaranteed to get notice. The place where I work is not accessible to couriers and so I have to go to meet them at the entrance, and that takes some time.

Can you clarify this please:
    1) Do all customers get a text alerts about their parcel or not? Is this 'built in' to the system or is there some way that my supplier must request it to ensure it happens?
    2) Is it possible to request a call before hand, is this part of the service?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your message. Yes, it is our policy to send a text message or email to the customer with details of the estimated delivery time but it depends on whether your sender has supplied us with your contact details or not. Unfortunately it is not possible to request a phone call, our drivers usually only call the customer if they need to ask for directions. If you have any other questions or if I can help you with anything else just send me a private message. Thanks and best wishes, Rebecca.

NATLOR wrote: »
    I've had six parcels delivered over the last ten days every one arrived on the expected day within the hour promised.Great service

Hi, thanks so much for your great feedback. Best wishes, Rebecca.

Giving that you are checking messages here, what is the policy of DPD for damaged packages?

It seams that the depot in the North is accepting damaged packages and than sends them down to have the customer sort it out.

Will you assist in getting the package back up North where for example Amazon says they will be happy to collect it?

I would suggest that everybody logs into their accounts and check their settings.

I just got greeted by a "profile 75% complete, choose your VA delivery address" asking me to define where my parcels should go, a local collection point or my home address.

Better safe than sorry and check it now rather than noticing that parcel's done arrive.

They have a new page for the Virtual Address online, which looks great and makes it easier to see the details.

I would suggest that everybody logs into their accounts and check their settings.

I just got greeted by a "profile 75% complete, choose your VA delivery address" asking me to define where my parcels should go, a local collection point or my home address.

Better safe than sorry and check it now rather than noticing that parcel's done arrive.

They have a new page for the Virtual Address online, which looks great and makes it easier to see the details.

Fair play, mine was the same. It great now the way you can see your dredit balance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

I got text and email Fri morn to say that parcel would be delivered within about an hour. Short notice but that was fine. It never came and I assumed time of year and being busy I'd get it tomorrow.

Yesterday, got call from someone down the road to say they had my parcel which they just happened to find in their garden having been fecked over the wall. This is a mile away! My address had eircode and obviously my phone numbers.

I don't need to spell out how bad this is. I assume one of you will follow this up? I'll pm details.
    Never had issue like this before from DPD nor other courier.

Giving that you are checking messages here, what is the policy of DPD for damaged packages?

It seams that the depot in the North is accepting damaged packages and than sends them down to have the customer sort it out.

Will you assist in getting the package back up North where for example Amazon says they will be happy to collect it?

Hi, yes we can certainly help you with this. Can you send me a private message with the DPD tracking number for the parcel please? Regards, Rebecca.

axe2grind wrote: »
    I got text and email Fri morn to say that parcel would be delivered within about an hour. Short notice but that was fine. It never came and I assumed time of year and being busy I'd get it tomorrow.

Yesterday, got call from someone down the road to say they had my parcel which they just happened to find in their garden having been fecked over the wall. This is a mile away! My address had eircode and obviously my phone numbers.

I don't need to spell out how bad this is. I assume one of you will follow this up? I'll pm details.
    Never had issue like this before from DPD nor other courier.

Hi, I have not yet received a private message from you. If you could PM me with the DPD tracking number for the parcel I will follow up on this immediately. Thanks, best wishes, Rebecca.

Can someone tell me what is going on in the Roscommon depot ? I've waited on on my allocated slot taking time off work this week only to find my parcel was on the wrong van and NOONE thought to update me ?? Roscommon never ever answer their phones but will do on their internal calls up from Athlone. I phoned Athlone for a manager to call back the call never came .

I waited today for 2 parcels and I was told by Athlone after a 25 min on hold that they'd arrive by 7pm but they didn't and no answer yet again from Roscommon. The parcels were in the depot from yesterday and Athlone had no idea why they weren't out.

I will never ever use your services again as you can't be relied upon. Its been a nightmare trying to chase parcels .
    Hi, I am sorry to hear of the bad experience you have had with us. Can you private message me with the tracking number for the parcel so I can follow up on this for you? Thanks and best wishes, Rebecca.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Hi, I have not yet received a private message from you. If you could PM me with the DPD tracking number for the parcel I will follow up on this immediately. Thanks, best wishes, Rebecca.
    PM sent, was waiting to see who to respond to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

Do you deliver doors from up north. Have 3 doors sitting in B&Q and need them delivered down to the west.

mcneil wrote: »
    Do you deliver doors from up north. Have 3 doors sitting in B&Q and need them delivered down to the west.

Hi, no I am sorry to say that we would not be able to ship doors as they would be considered oversized. Thanks for your enquiry. Very best wishes, Rebecca.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I would suggest that everybody logs into their accounts and check their settings.

They have a new page for the Virtual Address online, which looks great and makes it easier to see the details.

Mine was the same, despite getting a parcel just yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I must say that I'm very happy with Parcel Wizard .
    My orders are always delivered to my house the day after arriving in the North ,even lately close to Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ordered from. Amazon yesterday. Getting delivered to my job tomorrow.
    In contrast. 5 day for pm to deliver to a different locker than my designated one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karenmc

Hi,

I arrived home to a sorry we missed you flier.
    Is it possible to have my friend collect the package at the depot, I'm in work for next few days.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

AFAIR nobody at the depot won't ask for any form of ID, so yes. Alternatively, get it delivered to your work address, or to your friend's address.

karenmc wrote: »
    Hi,

I arrived home to a sorry we missed you flier.
    Is it possible to have my friend collect the package at the depot, I'm in work for next few days.

Thanks

Hi Karen,

Assuming that the item to be collected is not a passport it is possible to have a friend collect it on your behalf. Your friend will need the DPD tracking number and photo ID.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Advertisement