Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Patww79 wrote: »
    I hear there's a new PW app but I can't see it in the Play Store. Is it iOS only or how do I get it?

It's called dpd Ireland, the first result when you search for parcel wizard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Would anyone know of the Uk virtual address is open on weekends? Got a notification from Amazon that delivery was attempted but there was no one there to receive it. First time using Parcel Wizard. Normally go for Parcel Motel but given the delays they're suposed to be experiencing thought I'd give Parcel Wizard a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

petejmk wrote: »
    Would anyone know of the Uk virtual address is open on weekends? Got a notification from Amazon that delivery was attempted but there was no one there to receive it. First time using Parcel Wizard. Normally go for Parcel Motel but given the delays they're suposed to be experiencing thought I'd give Parcel Wizard a go.
    some say only limited hours on saturday,but given its nearly christmas,id imagined they would of been prepared to have staff taking deliveries in.Since got last delivery yesterday,guy told doing almost 14 hours a day,and all this being pain in the a$$ since many people wouldnt be at home when delivery is due.Since had same worry as amazon early indicated Saturday delivery but as usual came way earlier,so your post would mean there isnt anyone to take deliveries past closing hours,not really great cutting this close to christmas from DPD side if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Best is to go into your Amazon account settings and disable weekend deliveries if you use PW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

i got two packeges accepted last saturday, with the time of delivery sent on to me by hermes and the uk post office, at 10:am the post office told ne that the package had arrived in n.i and it would be sent to pw, then i got another notification that it was delievered at 3:15pm, the pw contacted me to say that they were to be delievered to my addy, the usual text arrivved monday morning, then they wer in the door at 12.30 pm

Thanks all! Got the amazon notification at 1.20 so must have been too late for Saturday deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Thanks all! Got the amazon notification at 1.20 so must have been too late for Saturday deliveries.

Same happened me, contacted Amazon they said the door was closed, contacted DPD and they said its closed at weekend. You'd think this time of year they would stay open at the weekend as it would be one of their busiest. Monday is going to be hell for them. Hope the package is delivered Monday and redirected by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Second time using the pickup service and DPD seem to have lost my parcel. It was listed as available for collection in my account but the shop said they had never received it! They said this had happened to them before as well.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Is there much chance of the package getting to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

How long are DPD ParcelWizard taking during this time from the parcel arriving at their depot to it being delivered? Order is due for delivery tomorrow and Friday is DPDs last delivery day before Christmas, I'm wondering will it be here in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

If it's due for delivery tomorrow it'll be more than likely delivered tomorrow. Based on my last week's experience it'll be with you next day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

joujoujou wrote: »
    If it's due for delivery tomorrow it'll be more than likely delivered tomorrow. Based on my last week's experience it'll be with you next day. :)

I explain it wrong before. It is due for delivery with Amazon tomorrow to DPD ParcelWizard in North. I am wonder will they have it processed and delivered to my address before they close for business on Friday. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

NikoTopps wrote: »
    I explain it wrong before. It is due for delivery with Amazon tomorrow to DPD ParcelWizard in North. I am wonder will they have it processed and delivered to my address before they close for business on Friday. .

You should get it the day after it arrives in the NI depot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

NATLOR wrote: »
    You should get it the day after it arrives in the NI depot
    ...and that's exactly what I meant saying it will be with OP next day. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Patww79 wrote: »

If you go into your address book and hit edit - whichever one is set as your home address is your default delivery address.. I have work as my home address because it's easier to get stuff delivered there.:P:P Next if you go into My Calendar and click on a day you can set up schedule and say if you want parcels to go to a different address, be held at the depot or collect etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Great service from DPD over the past few weeks through Black Friday & Christmas. Went with them over Parcel Motel for all my deliveries and everything arrived the day after it was delivered to them in the North, bar one item which was delivered two days later.

Started using the service around February I believe. Every delivery was made by the local driver within the 1 hour window I was texted at 9am on the morning of delivery. Compare that with Fastway who could show up at 10am or 5pm... :rolleyes:

Package just received. Only delivered to Dpd yesterday. Got a text this morning to say it would be delivered between 4.05 and 5.05. Arrived at 4.20. Great service. Will definitely use again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Brilliant service. No issues yet again today. You wouldn't even know it's the busiest time of the year for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Really great service when it's good, although I have had two packages go missing in a few weeks.

Luckily nothing for Christmas that I can wait out, but the last claim took 6 weeks to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Great service from DPD PW! still on time no matter the time of year. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I had ordered a Phone and the order got messed up due to a few different reasons. Eventually everything was sorted by Thursday on Amazon and the item was shipped at 2:30am on Friday Morning. It arrived in N.I. Parcel Wizard at some point on Friday. They delivered it to me yesterday.
    Due to be delivered on the 28th. Needless to say i am over the moon. It was a main Christmas present. Amazon were (unusually for them) very unhelpful. They were slow at shipping and contact was no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Fecking bank holiday- Amazon attempted delivery to PW today, a day earlier than their expected date! (After refunding me the shipping costs because they didn't think they'd make delivery by the 28th - so unusual!)

Unfortunately, PW closed today so they'll try again tomorrow!

Amazon with their silly efficiency!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is anyone having an issue with ALL packages going to a collection point?

I had about four deliver to the house no problem, then got message to fill in a collection point in my account. Since then all of them are going to collection point, I and DPD cant see collection as default address

Been onto to DPD (a challenge in itself) and they are looking into it and said might have to get the I.T department to have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Hi, I am currently waiting on a parcel to be delivered from the UK branch of DPD.
    It's last track info says 23rd December, 9.27 Pm Hinckley hub 4.
    Does anyone know if this should be in Ireland by now?

I am worried cause it's nearly €1500 in value.

Is this going to you Irish Address or Parcel Wizard in NI?

Due to the bank holidays in England they will only have put it on the transport to Athlone yesterday, so the next scan you should see is scan from the Hub in Athlone, that should happen today. You can see the Irish tracking number in the UK tracking in the more details column and than track it on the Irish Site, sometimes the Irish site also accepts the UK number.

Once it's in Athlone it should be with you within 24 hours and you should get an e-mail / notification once it's ready to be delivered to you.

If it's going to the North (just in case) than you will get an e-mail once it's scanned in Athlone that a parcel is due to delivery by DPD Ireland and it will be up within 24 hours. You will get another e-mail once it hits the Depot and than the Parcel Wizard process starts.

If you have entered your Parcel Wizard ID into Line 1 of the address or used the same e-mail/phone you also should see the parcel (even if it goes directly to you) in the Parcel Wizard web and App as soon as it's scanned in Athlone.

My DPD UK parcels are usually with me 48-72 hours after they are send (if they go to my Irish Address).

Hope that helps.

Got a call back from DPD, general feeling is I changed something in My UK Virtual Address, which of course I didn't.

SO if anyone's asked to fill in a collect point, be very careful it doesn't magically route all deliveries to it.

In the webinterface under virtual address what does it say for your preferred delivery address?

Have you tried to change the address there?

• Advertisement

In the webinterface under virtual address what does it say for your preferred delivery address?

Have you tried to change the address there?

They got onto IT and said they changed something, I never did, had four parcels come perfectly before all this

Just a head-sup, as I said to them why would I change it and then ring pretending I didnt

Advertisement