Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

When they launched the updated Apps & Collection points they also changed parts of the web page which deals with this.

As part of that change they asked people to complete their profile which included choosing a collection point and their preferred delivery address, either an address from the address book or a collection point.

If you did an update then it might have defaulted to the collection point (it did for me but I set it back to my home address) and have since than gotten my stuff at home.

So go into the web interface and look up the settings there and change it to your home address, even if it shows that address right now, it should override what ever they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

When they launched the updated App they also changed parts of the web page.

As part of that change they asked people to complete their profile which included choosing a collection point and their preferred delivery address, either an address from the address book or a collection point.

If you did an update them it might have defaulted to the collection point.

So go into the web interface and look up the settings there and change it to your home address, even if it shows that address right now, it should override what ever they have.

He was on about app, but then as I said I only use the website.

Checked there and has my address as default, still think they did something their end

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi, please PM your tracking number and we will check it for you. Kind regards, Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Is this going to you Irish Address or Parcel Wizard in NI?

Due to the bank holidays in England they will only have put it on the transport to Athlone yesterday, so the next scan you should see is scan from the Hub in Athlone, that should happen today. You can see the Irish tracking number in the UK tracking in the more details column and than track it on the Irish Site, sometimes the Irish site also accepts the UK number.

Once it's in Athlone it should be with you within 24 hours and you should get an e-mail / notification once it's ready to be delivered to you.

If it's going to the North (just in case) than you will get an e-mail once it's scanned in Athlone that a parcel is due to delivery by DPD Ireland and it will be up within 24 hours. You will get another e-mail once it hits the Depot and than the Parcel Wizard process starts.

If you have entered your Parcel Wizard ID into Line 1 of the address or used the same e-mail/phone you also should see the parcel (even if it goes directly to you) in the Parcel Wizard web and App as soon as it's scanned in Athlone.

My DPD UK parcels are usually with me 48-72 hours after they are send (if they go to my Irish Address).

Hope that helps.
    Cheers for the reply, It was going to my house. I tracked it shortly after posting here and it was in Athlone.

I was happy to get it delivered the following day, it had been well looked after so no complaints from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

another perfect delivery by DPD! It was sent to them yesterday and delivered to me today! Looking forward on 2017! Thanks! 2016 has been superb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Long time and no problem deliveries so far, and now the very first time I have to complain about the courier's behaviour - been home all day, had my phone handy, delivery was due, timeframe gone, now tracking says "delivery failed", "phoned, no answer"

How could have been answer if NOBODY rang?

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi, please PM your tracking number so that we can check this for you. Kind regards, Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

PM sent. :)

I haven't used this for a good while (Xmas 2015). I see they now offer a pickup service in addition to home delivery. My question is how/when do you specify which option you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I haven't used this for a good while (Xmas 2015). I see they now offer a pickup service in addition to home delivery. My question is how/when do you specify which option you want?

You set the preference in your account on the website, for any virtual address to go to X collection shop or home delivery.

• Advertisement

Jeez it was right in front of me...thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I must be blind... where is this setting? :D

You go to "My UK Virtual Address" and it's the tab next to the one with your PW number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭josha1

Hi I had a package delivered to parcel wizard on the morning of the 4th and have received no notification of when it will be delivered? I was onto live chat 4 times and they cut me off each time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

josha1 wrote: »
    Hi I had a package delivered to parcel wizard on the morning of the 4th and have received no notification of when it will be delivered? I was onto live chat 4 times and they cut me off each time?

Are you getting it delivered to your house or pickup point?

Are you getting it delivered to your house or pickup point?
    House

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Does the parcel appear on your account at all?

When I was getting it delivered to the pickup point, it was delivered without any notification to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

most likely its now scanned yet,if your tracking by amazon or tn,it means it just got delivered,so would give few days since thats seems the norm if you go over last months posts 1 to 3 days before its missing then suddenly appears mid day.

As for being cut off from chat never happened,could be site maintenance or smth,since dont see point from pw to do that.

It's from John Lewis. JL showed the specific time it was signed for and says signed by business on Wednesday morning? The last time I got something delivered I got a message from PW so that's why I'm wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

if it was delivered on wed,would wait till monday and then go back to pw,since its not scanned most likely,and chat is a bit useless if item isnt scanned,since they say they will check with NI depo,but minute later come back saying theres no such item etc,then suddenly it appears scanned in at some point during the day.That said its not impossible that it went missing but giving it till monday just to make sure,that its slowed down because someone forgot to scan it,if thats the case,since imagine they would still be quite busy so after Christmas items are still flowing in strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You should be able to track the item from within your account after you login.

DPD Team can you PM me to resolve this issue as I still haven't received it and have got no notification of it arriving, despite you signing for it on the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

josha1 wrote: »
    DPD Team can you PM me to resolve this issue as I still haven't received it and have got no notification of it arriving, despite you signing for it on the 4th.

DPD are very active on the thread, but they are on the Couriers section on Boards.ie, you can try posting there or sending a PM

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi, please PM your Parcel Wizard number so that we can check this out for you. Kind regards, Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've had my first bad experience today..
    Changed a delivery last week to come to my house rather than my default of work because I was home all week.. app warned me the parcel could be delayed by one working day which was no big deal so delivery would be Friday. Sure enough I get a txt on Thursday morning saying delivery is delayed. Friday I get a txt and delivery window for a separate parcel but as the morning goes on nothing about the delayed one so I opened up a chat session and waited..eventually I gave up and went to make a coffee and when I came back they had came on and said it was due the same time as the parcel 2 was due... a few hours later they called me to apologise because parcel 1 was still in Athlone but would be delivered today Monday.. txt arrives this morning to say parcel is due 4-5 and at 5:30 I get a text saying they couldn't find the house even though I had deliveries here on Tues/Wed/Fri of last week! I called and got through to a girl who checked it and apparently I didn't answer my phone when the driver called - nobody called me that's why! Anyways she was very helpful and updated the address for me while I was on the phone and the parcel is due to come to work tomorrow.

Frustrating though especially after getting 3 parcels last week to this unfindable address :( I'm in Dublin btw not the middle of nowhere(!)

Hi, I do apologise for the delay in getting your parcel to you. Your feedback is very important to us and we would appreciate it if you could PM the tracking number for your parcel. Kind regards, Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hi, I do apologise for the delay in getting your parcel to you. Your feedback is very important to us and we would appreciate it if you could PM the tracking number for your parcel. Kind regards, Liam

Hi Liam I actually just called there because the delivery failed :( - it still had my home address on it even though it was updated yesterday and I received notification to say it was updated. I copped that it was probably going to the house (instead of work) when I saw he was around the corner on the map but it was too late. I've been told he'll be there between 4-5 this evening so hopefully it arrives. I'll PM the tracking number now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is what it looks like when DPD decide to just not bother doing their jobs, lie, and screw over people for no reason whatsoever.

mUiAi0K.png

They've sat on my item for 14 days without any attempt at delivery. On the one day they claimed it was out for delivery, it got too close to 5pm on a Friday, so the driver falsified a status "gates locked".

• Advertisement

Hi, please PM your tracking number and mobile contact number so that we can check this for you. Alternatively, please call your local DPD depot at 01 842 7884 to reschedule your delivery. Kind regards, Liam.

Advertisement