Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just wanted to check and see if can I use Parcel Wizard to get a slightly oversized item delivered from the UK, will there me any extra charge - size is 26cm x 23cm x 110cm, weight 2.2kg?

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hi, we will accept delivery of your parcel into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address but it will be subject to an additional surcharge. Kind regards, Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

First bad experience with PW unfortunately. I ordered a dress for the wife on the 2nd of January and never received it. I emailed the company and they said it was dispatched on the 3rd and signed for on the 5th by D Skocylas. Nothing from PW. Can someone look into this for me please?

Hi, I have checked with our DPD Parcel Wizard Northern Ireland Depot and they have confirmed that D Skocylas is not an employee of theirs. Please notify your supplier. Kind regards, Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It could have went to Parcel Motel by mistake. The delivery men often make this mistake.

• Advertisement

It could have went to Parcel Motel by mistake. The delivery men often make this mistake.
    If that happened how will I get the parcel? I don't have an account with parcel motel. This is becoming a nightmare:mad: The missus isn't impressed either.

Hi, I have checked with our DPD Parcel Wizard Northern Ireland Depot and they have confirmed that D Skocylas is not an employee of theirs. Please notify your supplier. Kind regards, Liam.

I've emailed the supplier asking them to confirm the address it was sent to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

jca wrote: »
    If that happened how will I get the parcel? I don't have an account with parcel motel. This is becoming a nightmare:mad: The missus isn't impressed either.

You'll probably have to setup an account with them and log a ticket for them to investigate. They might be able to search for parcels with your name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

not trying to doubt,but was told that before,and other people as well,just for order to be scanned later that day.

as for OP id imagine you didnt use amazon,if so double check address where it was handed in.

so far using over a year,had delays,attempted deliveries which weren't attempted,names that didnt work there,to find out actually someone whith strange name worked there after all etc,but every delivery was accounted,even this week had order that cam in sat-thank good it wasnt sunday as originally destined,thus changed amazon to not send over weekends anymore-which can be done accessing your address profile on amazon and selecting edit and theres option not to send over weekend or Sundays.And still got delivery on time in the evening day later when it was scanned.So even some annoying humps but cant complain about service.

scamalert wrote: »
    not trying to doubt,but was told that before,and other people as well,just for order to be scanned later that day.

as for OP id imagine you didnt use amazon,if so double check address where it was handed in.

so far using over a year,had delays,attempted deliveries which weren't attempted,names that didnt work there,to find out actually someone whith strange name worked there after all etc,but every delivery was accounted,even this week had order that cam in sat-thank good it wasnt sunday as originally destined,thus changed amazon to not send over weekends anymore-which can be done accessing your address profile on amazon and selecting edit and theres option not to send over weekend or Sundays.And still got delivery on time in the evening day later when it was scanned.So even some annoying humps but cant complain about service.
    No, it wasn't with Amazon. The supplier hasn't replied to my request for the exact address they used, I'll wait and see what they say.

• Advertisement

Hi Liam, if I pm you my details could you check if there's a package with my name on it in the warehouse? Maybe my number was left off etc. I really need to get this sorted one way or another. I have used this supplier via PW before without a hitch.

Please PM all details you have for this parcel and I will check this for you. Kind regards, Ger.

Please PM all details you have for this parcel and I will check this for you. Kind regards, Ger.

Hi Ger, the supplier got in touch with me. The parcel was sent to parcel motel by accident. They're going to get it sent to yourselves today, hopefully it will be sorted.

Thanks for letting us know. Kind regards, Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

First time using the Parcel wizard with the UK virtual address, my package from Amazon was sent out for delivery today (Sunday) and delivery was attempted but no one was there to accept it. Is the depot closed on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

scamalert wrote: »

psugrue wrote: »
    First time using the Parcel wizard with the UK virtual address, my package from Amazon was sent out for delivery today (Sunday) and delivery was attempted but no one was there to accept it. Is the depot closed on a Sunday?
    just one page back of what i posted hope it sums it up,pw is closed on sundays,sat work but dunno what hours thus luck of draw if it get delivered on time,thus as many pointed best way using amazon to change not to send over weekends,just to clarify my post above item was delivered on sat,but only got scanned in on monday,and delivery on Tuesday,since once delivered i think they dont scan now anymore until its delivered to NI,and to be processed next day usually,as before it indicated when item was in NI,now most times only see when its in Ireland.So do changes on amazon and contact to re-deliver,while service is great that in uk its possible to get delivers on Sunday and mail on sat ,but thats no use here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Speedy delivery yet again! Ordered from UK on Friday, received this morning, text said between 11 - 12, came at 11.15 :)

Parcel from UK to my door for €3.85, can't beat it!

Great service DPD, will never use that "other crowd" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Same, I would like to add the quality of service with DPD Parcel Wizard! Been using them since Dec 2015 and haven't let me down. Seller shipped item Friday, arrived yesteday in Antrim and delivered to Dublin this morning!

Would continue using this service ;)

-One happy customer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I ordered a laptop from ebay uk, gave my ParcelWizard address, but UPS delivered it to ParcelMotel instead (it seems). Parcel Wizard are 100% it is not with them, and it was delivered on Tuesday morning, i really need this laptop tomorrow.
    The only information that i have from UPS is that it was signed by 'GHOURLEY'
    Has this happened to anyone else, and what is the quickest way to sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'd contact Parcel Motel and see if they can locate it for you. Even if they were not meant to receive it, I am sure they have a holding area within the depot it has landed at and should be able to locate it/redirect it to you.

• Advertisement

I had a parcel delivered on Tuesday morning. It looks like it may have gone to Parcel Motel. What is the quickest way to sort this out, getting desperate, as i need this laptop by tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They do transfer them over. You haven't a hope of getting it for tomorrow though.

RossieMan wrote: »
    They do transfer them over. You haven't a hope of getting it for tomorrow though.
    Thanks, i just remembered about the other thread and posted similar there, in the hope of catching one of their staff members eyes.

How long do they take to transfer them over? They have had it since Tuesday morning.

When it happened to mine it took a course of days. Contact parcel wizard. They should contact PM and organise to get it back.

PM will be no help to you as you aren't using their service, they have no reason to go out of their way to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

^^
    Yep, i agree with this, it is UPS' problem, but the seller has told me that UPS will take an age to sort this out.
    Seller seems pretty decent about it (not his fault tbf) and has contacted UPS, but it is a serious pain in the ass.
    Parcel Motel said they can not track parcels not in their system, even when i explained what may have happened.
    Parcel Motel (if they did) should not have signed for it.
    UPS should have been more careful with the address.

Out of curiosity, how does this happen so seemingly often? Are they in the same building?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with Parcel Wizard thread, DPD reps might see it and give you some feedback as to what the process is.

Parcel motel would just have gotten a massive load of parcels in, they wouldn't have checked every individual package.

It's ultimately UPS fault for the misdelivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Suckit wrote: »
    ^^
    Yep, i agree with this, it is UPS' problem, but the seller has told me that UPS will take an age to sort this out.
    Seller seems pretty decent about it (not his fault tbf) and has contacted UPS, but it is a serious pain in the ass.
    Parcel Motel said they can not track parcels not in their system, even when i explained what may have happened.
    Parcel Motel (if they did) should not have signed for it.
    UPS should have been more careful with the address.

Out of curiosity, how does this happen so seemingly often? Are they in the same building?

Their buildings are just down the road from each other, but sometimes companies see "Parcel" and Newtownabbey and presume it's ParcelMotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Liam

Do you know anything about Parcel Wizard courier charging for TFL Congestion Charges? I'm in Dublin, not London. I've tried to check the T&C's as well as the FAQ; however, I can't find any info. If I don't receive any clarity on this, I will instruct the bank to reverse the charges.

Advertisement