Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Had something from the UK, seller used DPD (to deliver to Parcel motel), Despite the seller insisting over the phone they put the PMID on to the parcel it wasn't there and spent a week in limbo in PM for no reason.

Same seller is sending another item, wonder if that will also be missing PMID too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Suckit wrote: »
    I ordered a laptop from ebay uk, gave my ParcelWizard address, but UPS delivered it to ParcelMotel instead (it seems). Parcel Wizard are 100% it is not with them, and it was delivered on Tuesday morning, i really need this laptop tomorrow.
    The only information that i have from UPS is that it was signed by 'GHOURLEY'
    Has this happened to anyone else, and what is the quickest way to sort it out?

The very same happened to me. The seller made a claim for a lost delivery with the courier and sent a replacement making sure it was delivered to PW. PM weren't interested even though the delivery driver confirmed he had delivered it to them in error. Bad form on PM's behalf. I'd like to know what they do with these parcels?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Still no word from either Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel. To be fair, not really PW's fault, but they must be aware that it happens.
    Between them, could they not organise a collection hour?
    For example - 12PM swap any incorrect parcels.
     Needed the laptop by today, tempted to cancel it.

This is a very good reason to start using Address Pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If I'm getting anything valuable, I'm very hesitant to use PW or PM.

The risk of the postman mixing it up isn't worth it.

And PM/PW's lack of support or plan to fix this glaring issue is even more worrying and a serious brand risk for them.

Sure, they can blame the postman, but they need to take real ownership of this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Their buildings are just down the road from each other, but sometimes companies see "Parcel" and Newtownabbey and presume it's ParcelMotel.

Same reason why i put "Mallusk" on the address instead of "Newtownabbey" since drivers usually assume PM when they see Newtownabbey and an ID number on the box

• Advertisement

If I'm getting anything valuable, I'm very hesitant to use PW or PM.

The risk of the postman mixing it up isn't worth it.

And PM/PW's lack of support or plan to fix this glaring issue is even more worrying and a serious brand risk for them.

Sure, they can blame the postman, but they need to take real ownership of this issue.

Of course they blame "the postman" as you put it, because it's the postmans fault. Any delivery driver who can't be arsed reading the label isn't doing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

jca wrote: »
    Of course they blame "the postman" as you put it, because it's the postmans fault. Any delivery driver who can't be arsed reading the label isn't doing his job.
    well can agree with some of it,but think many people know the limit of risk they put on,since while buying stuff under 100e one knows at worst some delays or smth going wrong wont be total deal breaker,but if buying stuff over couple hundred,id pay extra 30-50e to rather get ups or dhl or registered,since what guy mean is even if its postman fault,the pw or pm will hardly acknowledge that,thus puts one in hard positions when it comes to getting refund or reship,where having tracking and registered coming straight from start to finish leaves less errors,and if smth happens quite easy to pinpoint who's at fault.well i think its basic logic and most people buying more expensive stuff would usually pay extra for sake of it,rather having 3rd party involved,since even having spoken with amazon in the past they dont care about pm pw-if it shows signed or delivered by someone their job is fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

scamalert wrote:
    well can agree with some of it,but think many people know the limit of risk they put on,since while buying stuff under 100e one knows at worst some delays or smth going wrong wont be total deal breaker,but if buying stuff over couple hundred,id pay extra 30-50e to rather get ups or dhl or registered,since what guy mean is even if its postman fault,the pw or pm will hardly acknowledge that,thus puts one in hard positions when it comes to getting refund or reship,where having tracking and registered coming straight from start to finish leaves less errors,and if smth happens quite easy to pinpoint who's at fault.well i think its basic logic and most people buying more expensive stuff would usually pay extra for sake of it,rather having 3rd party involved,since even having spoken with amazon in the past they dont care about pm pw-if it shows signed or delivered by someone their job is fulfilled.

Jesus this hurts my brain

There's obviously a reason multiple postmen get confused. The addresses are similar and the "PW" and "PM" parts are very similar.

This is obviously going to carry on being an issue, so PW and PM should sort something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There's obviously a reason multiple postmen get confused. The addresses are similar and the "PW" and "PM" parts are very similar.

This is obviously going to carry on being an issue, so PW and PM should sort something.
    My address clearly said "DPD Parcel Wizard" - But yes, it is no doubt going to continue being an issue.
    My Address is as follows:
    Address Line 1: PW******
    Address Line 2: DPD Parcel Wizard
    Address Line 3: Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road
    City/Town: Newtownabbey
    Postcode: BT36 4LB

This seems to be happening a lot,  but has it happened the opposite way around, i.e. PM getting delivered to PW?
    Or is it just because PM are probably more well known so would have more items going to them?

Anyway, still no sign of the laptop. I have been in contact with the seller and he is saying if it doesn't turn up he'll have to put a claim in next week.
    UPS driver should have read the full address, but to add to the annoyance, they have still not confirmed anywhere that they possibly delivered it to.
    Only have the name 'GHOURLEY' to go with.
    I am guessing that they get a load of parcels delivered at once, so don't have time to check them all. But this was delivered on Tuesday morning, i should have heard something by now. :mad:

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »

That reads like one of those spam emails of old. The whole point of using PW or PM is that a door to door direct delivery service isn't available from the seller, obviously if a direct service is available I'd use that first.

How can they sort something? If I lived in house number 57 and my deliveries kept getting sent to 87 because the delivery driver couldn't be bothered reading the address label properly my problem would be with the lazy delivery driver not the person in No87

It's called taking ownership. They can sit by and let this continue to happen or do something to sort it out.

Build a process to exchange packages between PM/PW twice or three times a week to keep customers at ease.

Easy to sit and do nothing. Lazy way out.

It's called taking ownership. They can sit by and let this continue to happen or do something to sort it out.

Build a process to exchange packages between PM/PW twice or three times a week to keep customers at ease.

Easy to sit and do nothing. Lazy way out.

Why should they build a process ( whatever that piece of jargon means) because of dumb delivery drivers... I'm sure when enough claims for wrong deliveries are made to ups, nightline etc the word won't be long getting out to the drivers to read the label first.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Suckit wrote: »
    UPS driver should have read the full address, but to add to the annoyance, they have still not confirmed anywhere that they possibly delivered it to.
    Only have the name 'GHOURLEY' to go with...

I'd say it's definitely at Parcel Motel, has come up here a few times this happening. Name sounded familiar, but likely the same person :-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92264930&postcount=155

Why should they build a process ( whatever that piece of jargon means) because of dumb delivery drivers... I'm sure when enough claims for wrong deliveries are made to ups, nightline etc the word won't be long getting out to the drivers to read the label first.

You don't know what build means? Or process? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭droidman123

Does anyone know if parcel wizard in Newtown abbey take deliveries on a Saturday morning? According to my Amazon tracking a Peter Johnson signed for my parcel this morning at 10.14 am,but it's not showing up on my dpd wizard account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Does anyone know if parcel wizard in Newtown abbey take deliveries on a Saturday morning? According to my Amazon tracking a Peter Johnson signed for my parcel this morning at 10.14 am,but it's not showing up on my dpd wizard account

I think they leave someone there as lot of delivery companies in the uk do have Saturday delivery... just we don't.

I've got delivered emails from amazon on a Saturday but it wasn't processed until monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

sounds right ignore the name sometimes i think they put anything just for the crack.

most likely will be scanned by end of Monday.

You don't know what build means? Or process? :-/

Yea boss, I'll build a process while pushing the envelope, thinking outside the box blah blah blah....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

begs the question as to why parcel motel are not checking an address is correct before signing for it.

Kamili wrote: »
    begs the question as to why parcel motel are not checking an address is correct before signing for it.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Because they don't receive each parcel on it's own, in some case they get a container from the other courier or a pallet or whole bunch of parcels together.

Nobody is standing there taking each parcel in the hand to review it, they just get dumped onto them in a batch.

That is unless it's a very slow day or the courier really only has one or two parcels for them.

Same issue when you use their return service to collect plus or royal mail, they actually don't send it to the provider address, it's dumped into a container that's picked up by the other courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Because they don't receive each parcel on it's own, in some case they get a container from the other courier or a pallet or whole bunch of parcels together.

Nobody is standing there taking each parcel in the hand to review it, they just get dumped onto them in a batch.

That is unless it's a very slow day or the courier really only has one or two parcels for them.

Same issue when you use their return service to collect plus or royal mail, they actually don't send it to the provider address, it's dumped into a container that's picked up by the other courier.
    If that's how its done then the argument for some sort of process between PW and PM.

I know for a fact that logistics in my workplace would be sacked on the spot for not checking the delivery addresses, even if it was a mass delivery like you state above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If that's how its done then the argument for some sort of process between PW and PM.

I know for a fact that logistics in my workplace would be sacked on the spot for not checking the delivery addresses, even if it was a mass delivery like you state above.

I agree that they would need to either return the wrong parcel to the carrier that did do the delivery or come to an agreement with the other PW/PM to exchange parcels.

And they do return parcels to the carrier that did do the delivery once they notice that the parcel has been send to the wrong address. It's than up to that courier to do the right delivery. Challenge there is that it takes days to get that sorted out.

I recently had a parcel delivered by Hermes to PM instead of PW, it took a week to sort it out between Hermes and PM but the parcel finally was picked up there and delivered to PW.

It's not ideal how it is done at present. I found that PW is better in rejecting items they got in error than PM. PM just takes everything in and than it takes ages to sort it out.

Yea boss, I'll build a process while pushing the envelope, thinking outside the box blah blah blah....

Touchy.

Anyway, have we all agreed it's not on the postman to fix this debacle?

The Saturday deliveries is another one. I had Amazon deliver something on a Saturday. I called on the Monday and the person who answered the phone had no idea if packages were accepted on Saturdays. Embarrassing.

Had you put the world "build" in there, someone would have called you out :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Just got a message from Amazon saying that they attempted delivery to PW today but they couldn't leave my parcel unattended, anyone get this before

Just got a message from Amazon saying that they attempted delivery to PW today but they couldn't leave my parcel unattended, anyone get this before

Yep.

Change your delivery preferences on Amazon. Edit the address and disable weekend delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Yep.

Change your delivery preferences on Amazon. Edit the address and disable weekend delivery.

I presumed there would always be someone there to take in deliveries.

Will PW sort out this delivery as Amazon would have left them a missed delivery slip or do I need to do something

Advertisement