Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Had you put the world "build" in there, someone would have called you out :-D

Childish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I presumed there would always be someone there to take in deliveries.

Will PW sort out this delivery as Amazon would have left them a missed delivery slip or do I need to do something

Don't think PW will do anything, if it get's sent back you'll have to get it sent back out again.

• Company Representative Posts: 227 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Ciara

Hi, please PM your contact number, & I will contact you on this. Kind regards, Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Don't think PW will do anything, if it get's sent back you'll have to get it sent back out again.

cheers, got on to amazon this morning and its back out for delivery already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Still no sign of my laptop. Confirmed by UPS that they delivered it to 1A McKinney Road.
    So they have confirmed that they delivered it to the wrong address, but seem to have washed their hands of it now. :mad:
    How do I go about getting it out of PM? It was delivered there last week, and they have told me that they cannot comment on parcels that are not on their system when I rang them last week.
    This is madness. I think I will be using the shoddier Address Pal from now on. Les likely to be delivered to the wrong address there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Get back onto your seller.

Get on PW who should contact PM to get it sorted.

I have done both of those. Neither seem to be able to help.
    I have been on to seller, who told me that UPS delivered it to 1A McKinney Rd. But he wants to know if I can get it from there, as he is in the UK (mainland).
    I have replied that I can't and that it is obviously UPS's fault and surely they should do something, to which he replied that they are being extremely unhelpful.
    DPD chat doesn't seem to be working, but they told me to contact PM last week, which was fruitless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Suckit wrote: »
    I have been on to seller, who told me that UPS delivered it to 1A McKinney Rd. But he wants to know if I can get it from there, as he is in the UK (mainland).
    I have replied that I can't and that it is obviously UPS's fault and surely they should do something, to which he replied that they are being extremely unhelpful.
    DPD chat doesn't seem to be working, but they told me to contact PM last week, which was fruitless.

I have no idea where you're based Suckit but I have to head up to Hydepark Ind Estate on Wednesday which is right beside the two depots. If you can get PM depot to agree to give the parcel to me (and you trust me!) I can bring it down to Dublin for you. Might be the quickest way to solve it

I have no idea where you're based Suckit but I have to head up to Hydepark Ind Estate on Wednesday which is right beside the two depots. If you can get PM depot to agree to give the parcel to me (and you trust me!) I can bring it down to Dublin for you. Might be the quickest way to solve it
    Thanks, It might be an option.
    I am just after getting off the phone to PW, who weren't very helpful at all, but I suppose it is not their problem. I was trying to see if they had anything in place with PM that would allow them to collect it. They told me that they do not. So I asked does it happen often, to which I was told that it does, "it is probably just human error", and I suggested that they should put something in place with PM. They did not seem to want to know.
    So, I have got back on to the seller and asked him to ask UPS to retrieve it. Depending on what they say, I may have to take you up on that very generous offer :).
    Thank You,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Thanks, It might be an option.
    I am just after getting off the phone to PW, who weren't very helpful at all, but I suppose it is not their problem. I was trying to see if they had anything in place with PM that would allow them to collect it. They told me that they do not. So I asked does it happen often, to which I was told that it does, "it is probably just human error", and I suggested that they should put something in place with PM. They did not seem to want to know.
    So, I have got back on to the seller and asked him to ask UPS to retrieve it. Depending on what they say, I may have to take you up on that offer.

No worries just thought I'd offer as I know how frustrating it can be when there's three different companies blaming each other!

• Advertisement

It happened to me recently and the only way it got resolved was when the seller made a claim against the courier (who were at fault and admitted that). A new item was dispatched, delivered to the correct address and that was that.

5star02707 wrote: »
    Same reason why i put "Mallusk" on the address instead of "Newtownabbey" since drivers usually assume PM when they see Newtownabbey and an ID number on the box

I am about to order something from Amazon UK and use Amazon Prime.
    [/quote]
    Does Mallusk work instead?
    If it happens again, I am done with PW and PM, going to limit everything that i need, to AddressPal.

jasongoodbody;102611010
    No worries just thought I'd offer as I know how frustrating it can be when there's three different companies blaming each other![/QUOTE]

Thanks for that offer. I have been back on to the seller, and he said UPS said that they will look into it. If there is nothing done by tomorrow, I am going to cancel and order it from somewhere else. (If seller has a 2nd one, i will order from them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I got an SMS this morning to say that a delivery would be here between 12:30 and 1:30 today.

I'm hanging around all afternoon and no show. I then realised theres a tracker on dpd.ie.

I can see the driver rescheduled it but I got no further SMS to say the delivery was postponed. Very annoying.
    If this happens your system should issue a follow on SMS with the change.

http://www2.dpd.ie/Services/QuickTrack/tabid/222/ConsignmentID/773046378/Default.aspx

I've sent am email to the company I ordered the products off also with this feedback.

EDIT - Today I got a new SMS to say its out for delivery again today. It would be nice if your system would also send an SMS to say a delivery is being postponed. Very annoying to tell someone to be there at a time, then change it and not tell them as soon as its postponed.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep DPD Ireland: Liam

Hello,

Very sorry to hear that your parcel was not delivered to you yesterday.

Unfortunately, at present an SMS is only sent to the customer when the parcel is scanned out on the morning of delivery.
    Sincere apologies for inconvenience caused to you.

Kind regards,

Liam

Mallusk worked, I got the above delivery on Thursday. Superfast.

Re: the other delivery (laptop)
    UPS eventually sorted out their mistake (Delivery) and retrieved the laptop from Parcel Motel.
    This whole episode has made me adamant to never deal with nightline/parcel motel if i can avoid it.
    They took and signed for my parcel - yet they could not comment on whether or not they had it for two weeks.
    It seems obvious to me that it is some sort of crap tactic.
    I read back over a lot of cork forums, new mommy forums and political forums - google.ie set to Ireland. and Nightline also used to claim that DPD would not deliver to them (when they got wind that DPD were setting up Parcel Motel), which turned out to be untrue, and  it *looks like just some sort of childish BS that they were hoping would make people sympathise with them. It *looks like they were actively holding on to parcels to make them appear as though DPD were not delivering to Parcel Motel depot.
    DPD are an international service, not always rated highly, but not going to piddle about with the likes of Parcel Motel or Nightline by not delivering to them.

*looks like, not fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Great that you got it sorted.

Gonna change my DPD address and add Mallusk now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

god's toy wrote: »
    Had something from the UK, seller used DPD (to deliver to Parcel motel), Despite the seller insisting over the phone they put the PMID on to the parcel it wasn't there and spent a week in limbo in PM for no reason.

Same seller is sending another item, wonder if that will also be missing PMID too?

...And once more the same thing. A package sent via DPD to parcel motel arrived with no PMid. that's twice now from DPD and took me a week both time to sort out.
    Seller is showing me the correct address but if they are using DPD the PMid never makes it to print .

Grrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

god's toy wrote: »
    ...And once more the same thing. A package sent via DPD to parcel motel arrived with no PMid. that's twice now from DPD and took me a week both time to sort out.
    Seller is showing me the correct address but if they are using DPD the PMid never makes it to print .

Grrr...

Why not log your expected deliveries on PM if your id has been missing before? Or you could always change the to/name line of the address to include the ID? eg PMID12345 - tk123

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

god's toy wrote:
    ...And once more the same thing. A package sent via DPD to parcel motel arrived with no PMid. that's twice now from DPD and took me a week both time to sort out. Seller is showing me the correct address but if they are using DPD the PMid never makes it to print .

So are you saying DPD are physically altering the address on the parcel?Because if your sender is putting the PM id on it and then that's the only way this could happen. Frankly I don't think it's being addressed properly by your sender.DPD are dealing with thousands of parcels a day, they don't have time for the dirty tricks you are suggesting.

Great that you got it sorted.

Gonna change my DPD address and add Mallusk now too.
    ....And DPD delivered it to me on Saturday. :)

So between UPS taking two weeks to retrieve the parcel and Parcel Motel not acknowledging that they had it, it took DPD less than 24hours to deliver it to me once they received it.
    I will be ensuring it says Mallusk on all of my PW deliveries from now on. (Thanks 5star02707 ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm ordering an item that will be slightly over the 20kg limit including packaging.

Probably something like 20.1 or 20.2.

Will Parcel Wizard charge extra once an item goes ever so slightly over, or is it only if it's a full 1 kg over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Thread merged

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm ordering an item that will be slightly over the 20kg limit including packaging.

Probably something like 20.1 or 20.2.

Will Parcel Wizard charge extra once an item goes ever so slightly over, or is it only if it's a full 1 kg over?
    From their website:
    Are there size or weight restrictions?
    iconMinus.png

Yes, the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. 
    If your parcel is outside these limits, the following charges will apply: 
    €3.85 for first 20kg plus a surcharge of €10 per consignment plus 70c per additional kg over 20kg. 
    If your box is outside the size dimensions, please use the following calculation to assess charges (if your box is large but weighs less than 20kg, a surcharge may still be applied so do check!) 
    (L x W x D)/6000 = kg 
    e.g. So a box of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm is calculated as (60 x 60 x 60)/6000= 36kg Charges will be:  €3.85 + (16 x 0.70) + €10 = €25.05
    If your parcel is outside the weight and dimension restrictions, we will accept delivery into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address and will contact you to arrange payment.

I am guessing, if it is not too big, and weighs something like 20.5kg it is at their discretion. 
    Whoever weighs it might decide to add on the additional charges, or may decide not to.

From their website:

I am guessing, if it is not too big, and weighs something like 20.5kg it is at their discretion. 
    Whoever weighs it might decide to add on the additional charges, or may decide not to.

I've been a good customer of theirs so we'll see.

I'll post up the results.

Also something to check is that the parcel width will be 49cm, but other dimensions will be 20cm x 30cm, so 49 x 20 x 30 ... which is less than 40 x 40 x 60 if you turn it sideways (it has no "right side up")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

....And DPD delivered it to me on Saturday. :)

So between UPS taking two weeks to retrieve the parcel and Parcel Motel not acknowledging that they had it, it took DPD less than 24hours to deliver it to me once they received it.
    I will be ensuring it says Mallusk on all of my PW deliveries from now on. (Thanks 5star02707 ;))

you're welcome bro, i use PW now as they usually deliver the next day once they received the item ;) all the best and yes Mallusk > Newtownabbey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

DPD don't deliver on weekends in Cork. Doh.

5star02707 wrote: »
    you're welcome bro, i use PW now as they usually deliver the next day once they received the item ;) all the best and yes Mallusk > Newtownabbey
    Yep, they have pretty much consistently been the next day for me.
    That was the first time that an item had been delivered to PM (or anywhere incorrect) for me.
    Up to that point (having tried all the ones that i knew about) I found PW to be the best (fast, and being able to change delivery location on the fly).
    If Mallusk means that there is never another incorrect (assuming the driver reads the address correctly) delivery to Parcel Motel (or anywhere else), then that will make this service almost perfect for me.
    I say almost, because i am sure there will be some other minor issues and maybe some larger ones, but overall it seems great.

Yep, they have pretty much consistently been the next day for me.
    That was the first time that an item had been delivered to PM (or anywhere incorrect) for me.
    Up to that point (having tried all the ones that i knew about) I found PW to be the best (fast, and being able to change delivery location on the fly).
    If Mallusk means that there is never another incorrect (assuming the driver reads the address correctly) delivery to Parcel Motel (or anywhere else), then that will make this service almost perfect for me.
    I say almost, because i am sure there will be some other minor issues and maybe some larger ones, but overall it seems great.

I have to agree. I had one pm/PW slip up but I'll definitely continue to use them.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I've been a good customer of theirs so we'll see.

I'll post up the results.

Also something to check is that the parcel width will be 49cm, but other dimensions will be 20cm x 30cm, so 49 x 20 x 30 ... which is less than 40 x 40 x 60 if you turn it sideways (it has no "right side up")

So Parcel has arrived at Parcel Wizard and so far they have only requested the €3.85.. Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

I missed a DPDParcelWizard delivery today.
    Is there a charge to have the delivery rescheduled or redirecting to a Pick Up point?
    Can't find the info on the website.

Advertisement