Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

lensman wrote: »
    Waiting for a delivery to my Parcel Wizard address in Newtownabbey & got an 'Attempted Delivery' email from amazon logistics Sunday evening 30/4/17, it's time stamped
    17:16 Out for delivery Belfast, GB
    17:17 Delivery attempted Newtownabbey, GB.
    Has anyone else ever got this notice?
    I assume they'll try again today.

It might fail again since They're closed on Sundays and bank holidays. Your best bet will be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Disable Weekend delivery for that address in your Amazon account address book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

How many companies are doing this now, as i remember PM doing this 1st, as looking at a few pages, PM have gone by the wayside.

Some people it seems don't like PW either when reviewing them

Is An Post getting in on the action too, What are An Post giving?

Might try out PW, given the positive reviews here, did i hear they're giving 1st 3 deliveries?

As was quoted £9/99 for delivery from one shop :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

How many companies are doing this now, as i remember PM doing this 1st, as looking at a few pages, PM have gone by the wayside.

Some people it seems don't like PW either when reviewing them

Is An Post getting in on the action too, What are An Post giving?

Might try out PW, given the positive reviews here, did i hear they're giving 1st 3 deliveries?

As was quoted £9/99 for delivery from one shop :mad:

There are 4 main ones - An Post AddressPal, Fastway Parcel Connect, DPD Parcel Wizard and Nightlines Parcel Motel. There is a brief overview and more in depth reviews on this blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Has anyone else had serious problems trying to get in touch with DPD over the last week or so? I've emailed twice, rang at least five or six times (to be on hold for at least 5 to 10 minutes) and even sent a tweet and heard literally nothing from them. A pretty pricey parcel was delivered to them over a week ago and has yet to appear on the system so it's kinda urgent so I know it's not gone walkabout.

Is there any better way to contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057738913

^ This dude has, they seem to be doing a PM.

Clutch from DPD Parcel Wizard. Got a parcel sent by royal mail yesterday, arrived today in Antrim and will be delivered tomorrow just in time before the weekends! Yaaaaas!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ColmEm

Poor experiences with their customer service this morning. One rep couldn't read the tracking information (or didn't have as much information as I could see on the website) and another told me I couldn't understand the 24hr clock!

She wouldn't budge from her belief that last night at 00:30 was the 23rd May. She agreed that tonight at 00:30 was the 25th but still maintained that last night at the exact same time (exactly 24hrs previous) was the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Has anyone else had serious problems trying to get in touch with DPD over the last week or so? I've emailed twice, rang at least five or six times (to be on hold for at least 5 to 10 minutes) and even sent a tweet and heard literally nothing from them. A pretty pricey parcel was delivered to them over a week ago and has yet to appear on the system so it's kinda urgent so I know it's not gone walkabout.

Is there any better way to contact them?

So finally got this sorted only today. We were convinced DPD had lost the package or broken it etc, turns out it was not their fault at all. They managed to find the original item that had been sent to them and forwarded it on, when I opened it it was nothing more than a Tesco birthday card. The Amazon seller had been broken into and scammed piles of people. They were a legit seller for months then all of a sudden conducted a huge scam. I admit the birthday card trick is one I've never heard of before. DPD were great the whole way through trying to find the items, they were obviously bamboozled by me telling them it should have been a camera when it was nothing more than a tiny envelope! The reason it was held by them is they assumed it was junk mail and didn't forward it on in the first place.

This is the seller for those interested: https://www.scamsellers.com/amazon/uk/super-trade-uk
    They're long gone from the Amazon store so a refund should be pretty quick to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Doge

Just got a genuine email from Amazon regarding DPD Parcel Wizard.

At first i panicked thinking they were blacklisting the address but it turns out to be a helpful email about putting down the right address and information! :)

419751.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Doge wrote: »
    Just got a genuine email from Amazon regarding DPD Parcel Wizard.

At first i panicked thinking they were blacklisting the address but it turns out to be a helpful email about putting down the right address and information! :)

419751.PNG

I had the same reaction when I saw the email and thought that they blacklisted parcelwizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

People got similar emails about parcel motel. Problem is I cannot enter my address like that, there are not enough fields. I was saying this about PM too, due to the idiotic courier companies giving needlessly long addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I have it as screen shot below. You don't even need the DPD parcel Wizard as I have it, you could put 1st address like there

419754.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nava wrote: »
    I have it as screen shot below.
    Thats exactly how I have mine too, and what amazon should be telling them, a screenshot like yours.

Seems all the people in amazon, an post, dpd & nightline do not actually buy stuff online!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Odd they didn't mention that you should disable Weekend delivery for those addresses.

That's the main issue I've experienced using PM/PW until I turned off the setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You should change Newtownabbey on Parcel Wizard, to Mallusk, menitoned previously on this thread (way back).
    Some drivers do not read the full address and automatically bundle them into the more well known Parcel Motel, and it can be a headache trying to get it sorted.
    Changing Newtownabbey to Mallusk seems to have sorted it for most or all people.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Suckit wrote: »
    You should change Newtownabbey on Parcel Wizard, to Mallusk, menitoned previously on this thread (way back).
    Some drivers do not read the full address and automatically bundle them into the more well known Parcel Motel, and it can be a headache trying to get it sorted.
    Changing Newtownabbey to Mallusk seems to have sorted it for most or all people.

I have always had Newtownabby on my address and never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Suckit wrote: »
    I got a delivery last week. Under the usual DPD P.W. label I clearly saw Parcelmotel sticker.

Interesting thing - I tracked item very frequently (once a day) and it said it has been delivered to NI one day (that was Royal Mail tracked packet) and DPD guy gave it to me next day.

That led me to conclusion that PM and PW are now more involved in frequent exchange of misdelivered items.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have always had Newtownabby on my address and never had any issues.
    Ah, well then you are golden, never had an issue usually means that you never will. :)

joujoujou wrote: »
    I got a delivery last week. Under the usual DPD P.W. label I clearly saw Parcelmotel sticker.

Interesting thing - I tracked item very frequently (once a day) and it said it has been delivered to NI one day (that was Royal Mail tracked packet) and DPD guy gave it to me next day.

That led me to conclusion that PM and PW are now more involved in frequent exchange of misdelivered items.
    Hopefully. Because when it does happen, it is a headwreck to try and get sorted.
    I can not give the original poster that figured out Mallusk credit, because i can not find who it was in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id a package delivered and signed for to Parcel Wizard up in Newtownabbey at 9am this morning.

Do ye think theres a chance I could get it Monday or would Tuesday be more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Do ye think theres a chance I could get it Monday or would Tuesday be more likely.

Tuesday, happened me before, wasn't logged into the system until Monday afternoon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

First time using the service, end of last week, for delivery this week. Delivery dates should have been Tuesday/Wednesday, I didn't think there would be anyone at home, so I re-organised delivery for Today. Delivery changes received for each, then they delivered 2 on Tusday and the last one on Wednesday anyway. Not a great experience for the 1st time user.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

"Sorry about that, never happened before. I'll ask IT to check it out........" Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I've never managed to change the delivery date on anything, even though I've always attempted to do so before the package reached the depot. I've given up and told the driver to just leave the packages in the porch if I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

Hi i paid for parcels yesterday and got the email saying they would be delivered today. Now their status is held in depot can someone check why they're Held and when will I get them. Theyre already paid for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You might get this resolved quicker if you call your depot:

https://dpd.ie/About-DPD/DPD-Depot-Finder

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

what does it say when the status of the parcel is 'recieved into hub' was supposed to recieve parcels today but they never came so when i enquired i was told the labels for them were printed today and theyll be out for delivery to me tomorrow, last update on the website is its 'recieved into hub' but no texts/emails saying its coming tomorrow

dorito92 wrote: »
    what does it say when the status of the parcel is 'recieved into hub' was supposed to recieve parcels today but they never came so when i enquired i was told the labels for them were printed today and theyll be out for delivery to me tomorrow, last update on the website is its 'recieved into hub' but no texts/emails saying its coming tomorrow

received on hub means it's on the depot of your area.
    Usually when they receive the parcel it;s the next day they will deliver it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

How long does it usually take for the parcel Wizard website to update that the parcel has arrived at their facility. Amazon is saying the parcel was delivered at 10:30 this morning but theres no update on the Parcel Wizard website that anything has arrived in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hogzy wrote: »
    How long does it usually take for the parcel Wizard website to update that the parcel has arrived at their facility. Amazon is saying the parcel was delivered at 10:30 this morning but theres no update on the Parcel Wizard website that anything has arrived in.

You should get emails and/or text later today, but maybe with Prime day they could be busy and take longer.

Advertisement