Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Also i do not think many parcels were delivered yesterday because of the 12th of July.
    Two parcels of mine attempted delivery and failed. One was Amazon the other was from Conrad.
    The Amazon was re-attempted today and was delivered, but has not appeared on PW yet. I am pretty confident that it will be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Suckit wrote: »
    Also i do not think many parcels were delivered yesterday because of the 12th of July.
    Two parcels of mine attempted delivery and failed. One was Amazon the other was from Conrad.
    The Amazon was re-attempted today and was delivered, but has not appeared on PW yet. I am pretty confident that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Any updates from parcel wizard? Iv received nothing still!

Edit: Turns out both parcels got delivered to parcel motel. Yes...BOTH. When I called parcel motel and said I was a Parcel Wizard customer she immediately jumped in and said loads of parcel wizard stuff got delivered to them.

Absolutely mind bogglingly stupid that the delivery drivers are doing this!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mine was delivered to Parcel Wizard yesterday, but i would not get it until Monday unless i go into depot tomorrow which i am going to have to do.

Mentioned on this thread a couple of times and it seems to work. If you change "Newtownabbey" on the address to "Mallusk", or if you just remove Newtownabbey, that mixup should not happen anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

mine account was setup since day one to newtownabbey and never had any item go missing or misplaced,knock on wood :)

but good to know that PM and PW started looking into this,since seems simple exchange and double checking addresses would avoid most issues that seem to happen.

only thou still annoyed with limited hours for Saturday deliveries and no Sunday, since once changed my amazon settings for no weekend deliveries seems it added 3-5 days extra when item arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Doge

Got a notification from inside the app recently saying "We've been told that your *Company Name* order should be dispatched shortly".

Pretty cool feature but how was DPD informed?

Do you reckon the company called their number which I provided, or is it using the carrier DPD UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

When the sender is using DPD they transmit some data to DPD with the shipment, in this case phone number or e-mail and if DPD system finds a match in Parcelwizard than it associates the record and you get the notification.

If you are not having a Parcelwizard account you would get a text message or e-mail on the morning of the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Doge

When the sender is using DPD they transmit some data to DPD with the shipment, in this case phone number or e-mail and if DPD system finds a match in Parcelwizard than it associates the record and you get the notification.

If you are not having a Parcelwizard account you would get a text message or e-mail on the morning of the delivery.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Unfortunately the email had a busted link to the tracking so I couldn't tell if if the courier used was DPD or not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

4th delivery, 4th time they ignored the amended delivery date. Why do they bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

whiterebel wrote: »
    4th delivery, 4th time they ignored the amended delivery date. Why do they bother?

You need to ring and let them know that the sorters are ignoring the sorting scans in the depot.

whiterebel wrote: »
    not sure why do they even have schedule,since by the time you get first sms,next day its on your way to you.its to little time gap to plan anything,and only would mess up most drivers routes if they would need to cancel deliveries once its loaded and prepped for next days go out, since they start out very early mine usually comes between 8-10 and in rare cases at noon.

id say better use another address where someone can take it in-work etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Davy wrote: »
    You need to ring and let them know that the sorters are ignoring the sorting scans in the depot.

I have contacted them. Not getting a lot of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Question: I'm ordering something from the US which will cost circa €100 and would probably be hit for import duty if I get it delivered straight to my Irish address.

Would sending it to the UK (Parcel Wizard) avoid this?

It will be sent via USPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mrcheez wrote: »
    Question: I'm ordering something from the US which will cost circa €100 and would probably be hit for import duty if I get it delivered straight to my Irish address.

Would sending it to the UK (Parcel Wizard) avoid this?

It will be sent via USPS.

Nope, you just pay HMRC not Revenue.

PW T&Cs "DPD Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address will not accept receipt of any parcel where duty, VAT or any other payment is required."

think pw also doesnt accept packages outside EU so in other words either way answer is no they wont take it,use home address will work out about 20e on top with vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

An post have a usa service now with addresspal, too.

An post have a usa service now with addresspal, too.

interesting will check it out

EDIT: actually it's "FROM €15.99" so works out roughly the same ... I *may not* get caught for customs so probably better risking posting direct to Ireland rather than just paying the €16 upfront

Delivery is free for this item whether US or Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

My sister recently ordered some dog food from Zooplus. DPD sent a text yesterday to say they would deliver so she waited in all day and no sign of delivery. When she checked the tracking online it was marked as delivered and signed for. It was around 5 at this stage and no answer from DPD so she waited until today to ring.

She was passed from pillar to post on the phone with not a mention of an apology. When she finally got through to someone who could answer her query she got an explanation. Apparently the delivery man gave the package into someone else as this other person gets a lot of deliveries so he figured it must have been for her. :confused: No need to check an address or confirm a name at all. Again not a single apology given. The remedy they suggested was that the delivery man would go and attempt to retrieve the parcel and re-deliver correctly but with no specific timeframe. So another day to waste at home.

I think this is appalling service and really highlights a lack of customer care and standards within your service. The delivery could have contained anything and absolutely zero checks were performed to ensure it was delivered to the correct location. Then top it off with no apologies. Ridiculous customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

I was wondering has anyone else used this service? Do they deliver to your home? the website is confusing i dont see the price anywhere, how much is it and does it matter what size package?

Merged into main DPD - parcel Wizard thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

EDIT: Doh! DHL map included not DPD.

• Advertisement

id say demand is low for pickup so they dont see need to invest,same way they dont bother with weekends since loads they get seems to do them well as is.

scamalert wrote: »
    think pw also doesnt accept packages outside EU so in other words either way answer is no they wont take it,use home address will work out about 20e on top with vat

Just fyi, customs add €10 service charge as well as the 23% vat.

So €100 purchase becomes €133

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I am trying to save a new address on my parcelwizard account, it won't let me past pin the location , I have entered the address, pinned the location on the map, but just freezes?
    Any help please?

I contacted their customer service, said they would look into it, heard nothing back, they didn't appear to have a clue what was going on and were discussing it amongst each other without putting me on hold.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Have you tried doing it on the app? Or if you're on the app try it on the webpage instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

tk123 wrote: »
    Have you tried doing it on the app? Or if you're on the app try it on the webpage instead?

Thanks, have made progress on the app, addresses still not showing correctly though.
    Will ring them again Tuesday.
    The last 2 times I used this service they messed up, if it happens with my next delivery I am done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know the cost to deliver a bike? Even picking up from a depot. Would the others be any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Had my second delivery from PW this week and again, the box (and one of the boxes inside that (and some of the items inside that box)) are falling apart on delivery. Once again, the delivery guy was apologetic about the state of what he is delivering, but I'm wondering, how does this happen?

I've used Parcel Motel loads of times over the years and Address Pal on occasion and they both seem capable of delivering things intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Never had that problem with them.

mine always come in tact then again depending on packaging and contents results may wary but haven't seen any negligence in how they are handled, you do get squeezed box from time to time but none different then using any other service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

jca wrote: »
    Never had that problem with them.
    Good to hear, although we'd be dealing with a different local depot. Local delivery guys are quite helpful in other respects though.
    scamalert wrote: »
    mine always come in tact then again depending on packaging and contents results may wary but haven't seen any negligence in how they are handled, you do get squeezed box from time to time but none different then using any other service.
    Wouldn't mind a squeezed box, but it takes a bit effort to cause breakage when it's packaged by Amazon with two layers of cardboard box.

PW are useful for certain things re. dimension/item restrictions and I want to keep using them for these, but gonna need a lot more bubblewrap.

Advertisement