Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I had one where the packaging was damaged that bad PW put it in a new plastic envelope and the document window had the piece of cardboard with the original label on it from the original box! That's thing I like with PM - you can see the pic of the parcel when it got to them but PW is just a better fit for me so I use them 99.9% of the time over PM

BTW I've had demolished amazon boxes too with an post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I find Amazon often don't pack the items well. Put a small item in a much bigger box with just some paper as packaging. I've had Amazon boxes delivered crushed by An Post, Fastway, Parcel Motel and countless couriers in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

tk123 wrote: »
    BTW I've had demolished amazon boxes too with an post

I was handed a mangled box and the individual items one day by my postman from Amazon asking me out loud in earshot of my wife "is the xx book yours?" - damn Christmas stocking filler. :(

I like Parcel Wizard mainly as my depot and my driver are great, I closed my account with Nightline in January after their Parcel Motel debacle at Christmas.

I only wish Parcel Wizard would take images of the items as they arrive so I'd have a fair idea which item it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The only gripe that i have with PW is that they do not have a calculator for oversized items like the Calculator on the PM site.
    Are there size or weight restrictions?

Yes, the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

If your parcel is outside these limits, the following charges will apply:

€3.85 for first 20kg plus a surcharge of €10 per consignment plus 70c per additional kg over 20kg.
    If your box is outside the size dimensions, please use the following calculation to assess charges (if your box is large but weighs less than 20kg, a surcharge may still be applied so do check!)

(L x W x D)/6000 = kg

e.g. So a box of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm is calculated as (60 x 60 x 60)/6000= 36kg Charges will be: €3.85 + (16 x 0.70) + €10 = €25.05

If your parcel is outside the weight and dimension restrictions, we will accept delivery into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address and will contact you to arrange payment.

I am looking at a garden cart planter and it is €7 to get it from Parcel Motel.

Does anybody know how I check if there are charges?
    My package is 72 * 34.5 * 31.5cm and weighs 6.5kg

I have done the calculation and it works out at 13.5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone know if parcel will be delayed if account balance was empty once parcel arrived.

Since did order couple items of amazon and cnuts had to combine two instead sent out one early thus separating into 3 deliveries and had two come in ,and third landed just hours later

It says on site it will be processed immidiately once topped up, just hopping that come monday ill be getting all at once and wont be a hickup with last one where they put it aside and forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

scamalert wrote: »
    anyone know if parcel will be delayed if account balance was empty once parcel arrived.

Since did order couple items of amazon and cnuts had to combine two instead sent out one early thus separating into 3 deliveries and had two come in ,and third landed just hours later

It says on site it will be processed immidiately once topped up, just hopping that come monday ill be getting all at once and wont be a hickup with last one where they put it aside and forget.

If you do it quickly it doesnt delay them. Usually get the "Insufficient balance" text around 3PM when the truck is processed in Dublin, if I top up by 5PM it'll be in the locker the same night (11PM - 1AM).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

should of mentioned that there was no delay did topup within 2 hours window and got in touch via live chat and it was confirmed that all parcels will arrive same time which they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,

I just signed up to DPD Parcel Wizard and has a few questions.

(1) The postcode for the UK Virtual Address is BT36 4LB?
    I'm asking because amazon tried to automatically correct it when I was entering it

(2) I've created a schedule of "hold and deliver next day".
    Does this mean for example if they receive the package on a Monday I'll have until Tuesday (1 day max) to change the delivery time to e.g. Thursday or Friday? Does this have to be done with a call or can you do this online?

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just signed up to DPD Parcel Wizard and has a few questions.

(1) The postcode for the UK Virtual Address is BT36 4LB?
    I'm asking because amazon tried to automatically correct it when I was entering it

(2) I've created a schedule of "hold and deliver next day".
    Does this mean for example if they receive the package on a Monday I'll have until Tuesday (1 day max) to change the delivery time to e.g. Thursday or Friday? Does this have to be done with a call or can you do this online?

1 - Amazon automatically tries to correct it because it is a business estate, but you ignore their correction.
    Amazon will probably email you how to enter it correctly anyway, as it is saving them a fortune.

2 - I have never used that particular service, but ye that is what i think it means also. It is also possible to change the delivery address while en route (which i have used).
    I am guessing that by now they have updated all of their devices, so everything should be automatic (online or phone). But in the past i have had to call them and use online chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got a package coming to PW tomorrow but the sender messed up the address and wrote Unit 1 instead of Unit 5.

[Name]
    PWXXXXXX
    Unit 1, Trench Park
    Trench Road
    Newtownabbey

Called DPD UK (courier) and asked them to change it. They said the couldn't and to contact the sender who could ask DPD to change it. Contacted the sender. They said they can't change it.

Not sure what my options are. Anyone had a similar issue before?

My PW ID is on the delivery address so I guess I should just hope for a quick thinking driver that realises it's supposed to go to PW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Oat23 wrote: »
    Got a package coming to PW tomorrow but the sender messed up the address and wrote Unit 1 instead of Unit 5.

[Name]
    PWXXXXXX
    Unit 1, Trench Park
    Trench Road
    Newtownabbey

Called DPD UK (courier) and asked them to change it. They said the couldn't and to contact the sender who could ask DPD to change it. Contacted the sender. They said they can't change it.

Not sure what my options are. Anyone had a similar issue before?

My PW ID is on the delivery address so I guess I should just hope for a quick thinking driver that realises it's supposed to go to PW.

Id imagine the delivery driver would be more than familiar with Parcel Wizard address and hopefully would use common sense to realise the proper address.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Id imagine the delivery driver would be more than familiar with Parcel Wizard address and hopefully would use common sense to realise the proper address.

Hopefully!

If I get a chance I might call the Mallusk depot tomorrow morning and see if they can let the driver know.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Depends who's delivering it.It's only being delivered to DPD at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hopefully!

If I get a chance I might call the Mallusk depot tomorrow morning and see if they can let the driver know.

Try call the company at the address too and let them know. They might be sound about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Unit 1 instead of Unit 5.
    I wouldn't be worried at all. We get stuff for other businesses in our industrial estate the odd time, its obvious who its meant for -but more likely the postman will cop it in the first place. If a letter came in my own door with a surname I did not recognise it would be harder to spot what house it was meant for, but you can be 99.999% sure someone working in "unit 1" are well aware DPD/PW are in "unit 5".

Also in industrial estates the postman usually goes into the actual reception, so if stuff was wrongly delivered they give it back the next morning.

Package arrived to me safe & sound today despite the mistake in the address. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 RichardEGrant

Is it possible to ask DPDPW to refuse a delivery? and not be charged the €3.85?
    Amazon cancelled part of my order and it's too late to cancel the sending of the rest.

Very unsatisfied with Parcel Wizard right now. I changed from Parcel Motel to them, because I wouldn't be near my collection point this weekend and wanted to get it delivered somewhere else.

Logged on to the site and it's now telling me that my expected delivery address is the 31st, which totally makes this whole thing pointless. I'm pretty certain that Parcel Motel delivered on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Very unsatisfied with Parcel Wizard right now. I changed from Parcel Motel to them, because I wouldn't be near my collection point this weekend and wanted to get it delivered somewhere else.

Logged on to the site and it's now telling me that my expected delivery address is the 31st, which totally makes this whole thing pointless. I'm pretty certain that Parcel Motel delivered on a Saturday.

Why didnt you change the motel location to the somewhere else location?

Davy wrote: »
    Why didnt you change the motel location to the somewhere else location?

As there isn't a Parcel Motel pickup point that close by.

Edit: I changed to Parcel Wizard as they'd be able to deliver directly to here, without realising they don't operate on Saturdays (apparently).

• Advertisement

Parcel Wizard deliver on a Saturday too, if it gets to them in time for them to bring it down and get to a courier.
    I have had items saying similar, but they were still delivered on the Saturday. I am not saying that is the case here, but you could try and check tracking from your dashboard on the site.

Also, if it is not delivered today, you can change the delivery to somewhere else that will suit you on Monday/Tuesday. You can change it up to the day of delivery iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Hey can anyone help out. A friend said he ordered a bench off ebay for €80 with shipping costs to ireland for €8.
    Now he wants to return it but keeps getting insane quotes for an item that weighs around 20kg.
    He doesn't understand how he managed to get charged on ebay for €8 and now when he wants to return it , hes getting rocket prices.

Now he said that evertime he purchases something heavy off ebay, the same company delivers which is dpd.

Hey can anyone help out. A friend said he ordered a bench off ebay for €80 with shipping costs to ireland for €8.
    Now he wants to return it but keeps getting insane quotes for an item that weighs around 20kg.
    He doesn't understand how he managed to get charged on ebay for €8 and now when he wants to return it , hes getting rocket prices.

Now he said that evertime he purchases something heavy off ebay, the same company delivers which is dpd.
    The company he ordered from probably have an account with DPD.
    The fact that all heavy items are being delivered by them from any other store is just a coincidence.
    Did he buy it from within the EU and is it faulty?
    http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm

If it was bought from outside the EU and/or not faulty, he may have to look at alternative couriers or try and sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Suckit wrote: »
    The company he ordered from probably have an account with DPD.
    The fact that all heavy items are being delivered by them from any other store is just a coincidence.
    Did he buy it from within the EU and is it faulty?
    http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm

If it was bought from outside the EU and/or not faulty, he may have to look at alternative couriers or try and sell it.
    Thanks for the post, he bought it from england and the seller on ebay deals with large heavy goods selling weights.
    If you briefly browse on ebay from Ireland from sellers in england you will notice that weights weighing anywhere ranging from 100kg or less that delivery to ireland is still low like €10-€20.

Edit: He told me that he contacted the seller and told that they deliver via ukmail in england and then dpd in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi guys I had ordered something to my parcel wizard address it got delivered there OK and signed for but it got lost apparently on the way down to my local hub.
    After over 2 weeks now they said they will refund me but said they need to go through their insurance first or something. That was 7 days ago they said this to me.

Has anyone else been in the same boat? and how long till you got ur money back is it by bank transfer or PayPal?
    It was a expensive item for €600.

Any help on this would be great guys thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Melendez wrote:

I've checked and that is just for damaged goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: thread merged with sticky thread for DPD parcel Wizard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Has anyone else been in the same boat? and how long till you got ur money back is it by bank transfer or PayPal? It was a expensive item for €600.

I've had (cheap) items go missing twice. It took about six weeks, repeated phone calls and the refund was issued via cheque.

Advertisement