Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

So a random car just pulled up on my driveway last week. Thought he was delivering Chinese food or something but went to the wrong house. Turns out he was delivering my Parcel Wizard package.

Happened again today. Is this how they deliver packages now? What happened to the proper delivery drivers with their white vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Depends on region I think. Still proper DPD driver delivered my stuff just 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

joujoujou wrote: »
    Depends on region I think. Still proper DPD driver delivered my stuff just 2 hours ago.

Sound, I was just confused that's all when it 1st happened last week. I was expecting a DPD van to turn up, but instead it was just some random guy in a Toyota :pac:

Unregistered Users

Maybe they're too busy at the very moment, so hired more people for a while. I talked to "my" driver earlier today and he mentioned they cut his area by half recently - otherwise he would've to work 16 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Item arrived at PW on Saturday, still no sign of it today, was told there is a backlog and to wait another 48hrs. I am not impressed at all. This is the reason i left PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Suckit wrote:
    Item arrived at PW on Saturday, still no sign of it today, was told there is a backlog and to wait another 48hrs. I am not impressed at all. This is the reason i left PM.

Hopefully they didn't loose yours like they lost mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Suckit wrote: »

It's the xmas rush and to be expected. They're running 1-2 days behind from my parcels over the last week or two.. compared to PM being full and having parcels on buses lol

I contacted them today and the girl told me that there is no parcel and nothing to be forwarded to my PW account. She then advised me to contact the seller and ask them to ring their courier and ask where it was delivered to, that it definitely was not delivered to them.

I started to contact the seller by email, tried tracking again. Half an hour later i logged back in to my email to see if i had any reply and there was an email from DPD PW telling me that my parcel is on its way to my address.
    Annoying, but the amount of parcels that they deal with a day, i suppose it is expected one in a few thousand i guess.

Plus, now my parcel is on its way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Avoid weekend deliveries if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Suckit wrote: »
    I contacted them today and the girl told me that there is no parcel and nothing to be forwarded to my PW account. She then advised me to contact the seller and ask them to ring their courier and ask where it was delivered to, that it definitely was not delivered to them.

I started to contact the seller by email, tried tracking again. Half an hour later i logged back in to my email to see if i had any reply and there was an email from DPD PW telling me that my parcel is on its way to my address.
    Annoying, but the amount of parcels that they deal with a day, i suppose it is expected one in a few thousand i guess.

Plus, now my parcel is on its way :)

Customer service is useless.

If the package is not scanned into the Parcel Wizard system, the customer service team have no idea what's going on and will tell you it hasnt arrived.

I've had packages signed by DPD employees there for days, not scanned into the system though. CS told me no way, it must be someone else forging the signature. A day later, boom, email received saying it's on its way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Anyone else having issues topping up? Keep getting Error Encountered message before I even enter card/paypal details

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I had a 55" TV delivered for €3.50 today :confused:

I calculate it as costing me €36.

I love PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had my first issue with Parcel Wizard. I've an arrangement with my driver to sign and leave it in a secure place. Has been doing since the service started. Great guy.

Few days ago my parcel had a tear in the side of it. Contents inside the parcel/thick bag were squashed(boxes) yet contents in the boxes were fine thankfully. Parcel Wizards T&Cs insure the parcels on their own end of the service but normally, you'd agree, you should not sign for the item and refuse it as damaged but in this case it was too late.

Within 24 hours PW had received my e-mail, responded and given it to a manager. I claimed for the costs of getting the supplier to replace the boxes and refund of my €3.85 as well as the service failed. They responded by placing numerous credits onto my account to the value of my claim.

I'm overall happy with that experience as 1.5 years ago I had the same with Parcel Motel who take over a week to even acknowledge concerns before fighting tooth and nail to blame somebody else.

I have, to my drivers no doubt annoyance, decided to do most of my Christmas shopping online this year and he's been twice this week and tomorrow shall return with about 8 items so having only had one issue since it's inception(other than delayed items) is a good testimonial to the service.

PW could have blamed the sender, could have blamed Royal mail and could have blamed me for taking receipt of it(a different box of frogs altogether) as has happened before.

If I think back to Parcel Motel this time last year when the gremlins started to come out and they started going to ground with customer service, it is around this time I moved all my items over to Parcel Wizard.

lol I ordered a gift card from Amazon in one of their little tin cases. It just got delivered to me and the case is squashed which is no mean feat given that its metal.

I looked at the packaging and it looks like the imprint of a van's tyre going across it! See the top of the attached pic. They must have literally drove over it. Luckily the card inside is fine but the whole presentation aspect is gone. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

lol I ordered a gift card from Amazon in one of their little tin cases. It just got delivered to me and the case is squashed which is no mean featt given that its metal.

I looked at the packaging and it looks like the imprint of a van's tyre going across it! See the top of the attached pic. They must have literally drove over it. Luckily the card inside is fine but the whole presentation aspect is gone. :rolleyes:

That's lousy.

Thankfully you've time to get a replacement sent directly to you at their cost. Amazon are responsible for getting it to you even if there was 20 different couriers touching it.

I got a Free Kindle off Amazon today because An Post wouldn't let me return it as it had a battery in it. Amazon sent me a replacement and told me to keep both. SO I think they'll definitely replace your tin and may even give you a few £ for your troubles. I got an extra months prime thrown in as well like the Kindle wasn't enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ok nice amazon just burned one of my PW topups by sending me amazon prime card in a letter :confused: last week placed few orders,and day later Friday get message delivered, thought jeez fast service 1 day turnaround basically come this evening get this letter and open it just to see general join prime for exclusive services plastic card, im always aware of the buttons they squeeze before checking out not to use prime as its no use to me.

anyone got similar sting ?

scamalert wrote: »
    ok nice amazon just burned one of my PW topups by sending me amazon prime card in a letter :confused: last week placed few orders,and day later Friday get message delivered, thought jeez fast service 1 day turnaround basically come this evening get this letter and open it just to see general join prime for exclusive services plastic card, im always aware of the buttons they squeeze before checking out not to use prime as its no use to me.

anyone got similar sting ?

I think you can unsubscribe from junk mail on amazon.
    Do DPD refund for junk mail? I know Parcel Motel do, so it may be worth asking. In the early days of PM i was stung twice in 2 days. Amazon and some other site. They refunded me one and i unsubscribed from every mail offer since.

Suckit been stung in the past with PM but they sorted that themselves as not to take any spam mail in letter form, this was market with amazon logo so prob more then likely reason it slipped by to be delivered.
    Its not PWs fault, since amazon has plastered prime all over their site as is, anyway just put it out for others here, if its amazon pr for all other customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

What are people's experiences with parcels going missing after being delivered to Antrim? Have delivery confirmation to Parcel Wizard over a week ago. No tracking number from DPD. Support is really bad, they can't comprehend that the parcel was delivered to them and they haven't supplied me with their tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Rackstar wrote: »
    What are people's experiences with parcels going missing after being delivered to Antrim? Have delivery confirmation to Parcel Wizard over a week ago. No tracking number from DPD. Support is really bad, they can't comprehend that the parcel was delivered to them and they haven't supplied me with their tracking number.

was it definitely sent to them and not PM?

Never had something go missing and I'd be considered a "heavy user"(not fat :D - ok well I am fat but that's besides the point).

Their service reply was good when something arrived mangled internally with a tear in the side of the parcel. Only time I've ever had to get such support from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

tk123 wrote: »
    was it definitely sent to them and not PM?

Yes went to Parcel Wizard

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had a parcel delivered into Antrim last Friday morning, but no notification of anything until Monday, and that was to say it was being delivered the following day.

Unregistered Users

Rackstar wrote: »

Contact sender to give you full proof of delivery (including name of the person who signed it) or if you already have it, email it to them as well as detailed description what was in and what size you think it was. They found my missing one after a couple of weeks - appeared to be some random person's name on it, nobody knew why.

They're running a day behind at the moment but over a week needs follow up as mentioned above.

side question anyone uses ebay with pw,since had to enter address,and squeeze in last 2 pw addresses into one line and now a bit worried since package was dispatched today so hoping royal doesn't make it till Monday.

Unregistered Users

90% of my ebay purchases went through PW. No issues. :)

I've ordered stuff from ebay no problem too. I seem to recall I even had a Saturday delivery once and it got there (I think it was a small item, possibly letterbox sized if they have one?)

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    side question anyone uses ebay with pw,since had to enter address,and squeeze in last 2 pw addresses into one line and now a bit worried since package was dispatched today so hoping royal doesn't make it till Monday.

The only important thing is your PW ID.
    You can remove your name (If need be), and "DPD Parcel Wizard" from the address.

Advertisement