Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Has anyone noticed the very long delay now in processing parcels.
    I had one delivered yesterday by Amazon Logistics at 10:19am and still not on the system.

Anyone experiencing the same, had this happen last week and took two days before I got notification.

Online chat is useless they wont even respond to you if you connected to an agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I had one delivered yesterday by Amazon Logistics at 10:19am and still not on the system.

Anyone experiencing the same, had this happen last week and took two days before I got notification.

Online chat is useless they wont even respond to you if you connected to an agent.

I have to say, I've never had trouble with the online chat, connects in under a minute and they reply straight away. Last week they told me they're a day or so behind in scanning parcels owing to the busy Christmas period. I had a parcel delivered at 3:30pm and I was notified at 1:30 the next afternoon (last Thursday).

I have'nt had the same experience here,when you get a slot to get onto the chat, it says waiting for an agent, then you get connected to XYZ and they dont bother their behind to respond, I was all off 35 mins trying to get an agent that was connected to talk to me....

Previously I've had no issues but recently it has gotten worse, I understand it was black friday/cyber monday and now the Xmas period but processing parcels is getting longer and longer...

Mind you Parcel Motel are brutal and I have closed my account with them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

agents can do little if parcel wasn't scanned in - thus youll get replies such as could be not delivered or wasnt right person that signed it. but once its in the system i found that usually all goes smooth.

ive spoken with one delivery guys that does my area and its mental since Bl Friday he said since delivery times go into 6-7pm, worst is that people who make purchases arent home or theres no place to leave em,so this creates backlogs for drivers.
    But even with that most parcels were on time and given extended delivery hours it works well personally when its later then early morning,when no one might be home.

chat as user above described, always responds but as above described if its issue where its not in the system then little to none can be done.

Yep I agree and this was no cheap item £165, was sent priority and on the amazon tracking "handed directly to the customer".... No signature WTF, I have got onto Amazon and if nothing is on the system in 24 hours they will refund or replace.

Just a note for anyone Amazon Logistics (Third party drivers using their own cars and vans) are well known for lying and saying parcels are delivered when they are not, especially the ones around the belfast area .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Yep I agree and this was no cheap item £165, was sent priority and on the amazon tracking "handed directly to the customer".... No signature WTF, I have got onto Amazon and if nothing is on the system in 24 hours they will refund or replace.

Just a note for anyone Amazon Logistics (Third party drivers using their own cars and vans) are well known for lying and saying parcels are delivered when they are not, especially the ones around the belfast area .
    well its amazon issue then if not signed to sort it out for you.
    I would find it very hard to steal it thou if its sent priority its scanned all the way, so sort of easy to see where the link breaks in such cases, on the other hand id imagine they deliver full trucks or vans of stuff so might just get one sig or not bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I dislike their Amazon Shipping with One Day to the North. It's very vague but I haven't had an issue yet.

This Christmas present and stuff buying season I've mostly had issues with damaged stuff which I've either sent back and got a replacement or got a replacement and told to keep it.

I rarely have stuff go missing and I order a lot online. When the DPD drivers boss was covering his route and knocks on the door and says "ah there's our busiest Parcel Wizard customer" then you know you buy a lot :D

Worst Courier out of Amazon, Ascendia followed closely by iParcel. iParcel mainly because before eircode usage all my stuff would end up in another county and add an extra day to it. DHL used to be bad for that, again prior to Eircode.

Well tomorrow at 1019am it will be 48 hours since it apparently arrived at PW, amazon have now given me a refund and I give up, third order in 2 weeks from Amazon via Amazon logistics lost...

This is what happens when you dont use proper couriers and have parcels not signed for eventhough you pay the premium..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd say everyone is experiencing the same delays. They suggested leaving it at least 48 hours from arrival into N Ireland before asking them where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well tomorrow at 1019am it will be 48 hours since it apparently arrived at PW, amazon have now given me a refund and I give up, third order in 2 weeks from Amazon via Amazon logistics lost...

This is what happens when you dont use proper couriers and have parcels not signed for eventhough you pay the premium..

Are your parcels labelled correctly?

I have had a few delivered to PW by Amazon logistics without issue. Most delivered around 11am, notification from PW around 4 or 5pm and then delivered the next day.

While PM were over a week messing with a parcel.

• Advertisement

Just because I said it Amazon Shipping have done something to my delivery. Says delivered around 11am but Parcel Wizard don't have it. Chancers.

Davy I dont know if they are labelled correctly as I never got them, but I have had scores of orders from amazon before via PW without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I had a candle in a glass jar delivered today completely smashed to bits got onto DPD and asked what they could do they told me the liability does not cover glass (they wouldn't even refund the 3.85) so i went away took a look at the website and there is no mention on restrictions regarding liability.

So i called back and explained that i felt they should cover the candle as there was no way for me to know about this restriction they insisted they wouldn't so i said "Well what if i had ordered some electronics thinking it was covered by your liability if it got damaged would you just turn around and say "No we dont cover electronics" at which point they told me they actually do not cover electronics. so id imagine the list of what is covered is very little so keep that in mind when ordering electronics to use Parcel Motel or something else
    (I was then put on hold and hung up on might take out a Paypal claim for the 3.85 :P )
    (The worst part is the order came from Debenhams uk and i ordered 6 of these candles all of which Debenhams decided to send out individually at different times so will see if the other 5 survived in the coming days)

TL:DNR DPD have restrictions on what liability will cover, and they do not cover electronics

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TL:DNR DPD have restrictions on what liability will cover, and they do not cover electronics [/B]
    I could not find restrictions on their site, the list I did fine had "human body parts" but nto glass.

After doing a google site search I found glass mentioned.
    https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/Help-FAQ/faqcategory/-1/CurrentPage/3
    Any claim for damaged goods must be made in writing to parcelwizard@dpd.ie within 7 days of receipt of the goods. This will initiate the insurance claims process. The level of cover for each consignment is the cost of replacement goods or €100 per consignment, whichever is the least. DPD cannot be held liable for any consequential loss suffered as a result of damaged or lost goods. Please see our Trading Terms and Conditions for comprehensive details of cover. Parcels containing glass, china etc. are not covered by insurance and no insurance claim will be issued in respect of such goods. On occasion DPD may request inspection of damaged goods, and proof of purchase is required as supporting evidence to all claims. Please allow 21 working days for claims to be settled.

The "comprehensive details" are here

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/Terms-Conditions

body parts, explosives, drugs, animals. All sorts of mad stuff, but no mention of candles or electronics... Maybe they are presumed to be in the "etc" when they said "Parcels containing glass, china etc". Now in fairness some candles might be fragile, but I expect a massive % of people using the service are getting electronics.

rubadub wrote: »
    I could not find restrictions on their site, the list I did fine had "human body parts" but nto glass.

After doing a google site search I found glass mentioned.
    https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/Help-FAQ/faqcategory/-1/CurrentPage/3

The "comprehensive details" are here

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/Terms-Conditions

body parts, explosives, drugs, animals. All sorts of mad stuff, but no mention of candles or electronics... Maybe they are presumed to be in the "etc" when they said "Parcels containing glass, china etc". Now in fairness some candles might be fragile, but I expect a massive % of people using the service are getting electronics.

Jeez why didnt the guy on the phone point me to that part of the website where it says glass is not covered.... but yeah still no mention of electronics not being covered id also wonder what else is not covered

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

I ordered a coffee machine last week from amazon, it was delivered to parcel wizard via UPS on Saturday and it still isnt showing up on my dpd account. i have contacted them but it doesnt seem to be anywhere... what do i do here?

paul-2008 wrote: »
    I ordered a coffee machine last week from amazon, it was delivered to parcel wizard via UPS on Saturday and it still isnt showing up on my dpd account. i have contacted them but it doesnt seem to be anywhere... what do i do here?

Hard to know but thankfully it's Amazon. Contact them by e-mail chat or phone and say you don't have it, they'll say the usual "we'll contact the carrier, have you asked neighbours etc" and down the bottom select "NO" where it says "Did I answer your query" and you'll get through to an Escalated team and just say "Look I don't have it" "UPS gave it to DPD, not my problem"

If they don't have YOUR signature it's Amazons problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

paul-2008 wrote:

Same happened with a a galaxy s8 and all they give you is a cheque for 100 euro terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

paul-2008 wrote:

Same happened with a a galaxy s8 and all they give you is a cheque for 100 euro terrible
    Coffee machine is worth alot more than 100 euro so i would hope their service is better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Coffee machine is worth alot more than 100 euro so i would hope their service is better than that.

All you can do is wait really until it's processed. I have one coming tomorrow and I'm waiting on a few so not sure which it is lol. I'll be interested to see when it was posted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

paul-2008 wrote:

I know that's the thing I thought I would get the 600 back for the phone but all I got was the 100 and I had to wait 6 weeks to get it

is there generally delays with DPD processing packages?
    I had two packaged delivered to DPD yesterday but only one has shown up in my account. every other parcel i have got recently has come into my DPD account very shortly after delivery to Antrim.

is there generally delays with DPD processing packages?
    I had two packaged delivered to DPD yesterday but only one has shown up in my account. every other parcel i have got recently has come into my DPD account very shortly after delivery to Antrim.

It's Christmas lol so yes there's a backlog. Normally once it gets delivered to them you'd have it the next day.

:rolleyes::mad: I just got a mail from Hermes saying they're going to deliver to PW between 17:00-21:00. Hopefully they get there before PW closes

tk123 wrote: »
    It's Christmas lol so yes there's a backlog. Normally once it gets delivered to them you'd have it the next day.

:rolleyes::mad: I just got a mail from Hermes saying they're going to deliver to PW between 17:00-21:00. Hopefully they get there before PW closes

Yeah just strange that 2 packages delivered within 2 hours of each other to Antrim and i got the email for one of them saying it would be delivered the following day (today) and still no email to say they have the other one just hoping it has been delivered to the right place (was signed for by R Baxter)

Yeah just strange that 2 packages delivered within 2 hours of each other to Antrim and i got the email for one of them saying it would be delivered the following day (today) and still no email to say they have the other one just hoping it has been delivered to the right place (was signed for by R Baxter)

Well a surprise today for me - I only got one mail but 2 parcels arrived that I only ordered over the weekend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I have an order due to PW on Wednesday. What's the likelihood I'll get it before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

You might just make it.DPD working up to and including Saturday.

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    You might just make it.DPD working up to and including Saturday.

Oh i didn't realise that. Thanks! Completely forgot one gift, baby brain :o

Oh i didn't realise that. Thanks! Completely forgot one gift, baby brain :o

I had 2 hit PW on thurs and got them on Fri so hopefully you’ll get your stuff too! Found out today that one i’ve been waiting in 2 weeks wasn’t even sent by the shop!! :mad: very annoying as there was a present along with a few other bits but was able to get something else instead. :(

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    I had 2 hit PW on thurs and got them on Fri so hopefully you’ll get your stuff too! Found out today that one i’ve been waiting in 2 weeks wasn’t even sent by the shop!! :mad: very annoying as there was a present along with a few other bits but was able to get something else instead. :(

Hopefully! I can't afford to stroll up to my in-laws with no gift for the pets! :o

Advertisement