Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hopefully! I can't afford to stroll up to my in-laws with no gift for the pets! :o

A gift for SOMEONE elses pets for Christmas. "The boom is back" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have an order due to PW on Wednesday. What's the likelihood I'll get it before Christmas?

I had an order arrive yesterday afternoon to NI and was delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Davy wrote: »
    I had an order arrive yesterday afternoon to NI and was delivered today.

I had an item signed for on Saturday arrive today. They are good with their one working day turnaround to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Has anyone used parcel wizard for something really large?
    Im looking at a flat pack bed in the UK. It's 125kg and roughly 200x100x30

Just weighing up my options, parcel wizard would be around 80eu if they took it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Anyone return something to Amazon that they had delivered to parcel wizard? Amazon only gives parcel wizard northern ireland address as a collection address. Contacted amazon support but struggled to get the support person to understand i want to get item collected or let me post from my actual address. First they setup DPD to collect item from parcel wizard address in the north and then they setup a return label for royal mail. That label has the return information on it but i still need to post the item to the uk return address so that label might confuse things in terms of royal mail. Was wondering what anyone else has done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Think you can use Parcel Motel for that. You can use the Royal Mail label and drop it to your local motel and they'll forward it on from NI for you.

Anyone return something to Amazon that they had delivered to parcel wizard? Amazon only gives parcel wizard northern ireland address as a collection address. Contacted amazon support but struggled to get the support person to understand i want to get item collected or let me post from my actual address. First they setup DPD to collect item from parcel wizard address in the north and then they setup a return label for royal mail. That label has the return information on it but i still need to post the item to the uk return address so that label might confuse things in terms of royal mail. Was wondering what anyone else has done.

Get back on to Amazon again and explain to someone else that you need a ROI shipping label to go to Portlaoise. Will save you the hassle of going the other route using parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Davy wrote: »
    Get back on to Amazon again and explain to someone else that you need a ROI shipping label to go to Portlaoise. Will save you the hassle of going the other route using parcel motel.

Will they actually do that as I am having a lot of hassle returning an item

They have done it for me before. Maybe you moved since you got the delivery and need to return it from the new addres.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Last time i had something to return (i got boots and one was scuffed/damaged on arrival) I explained on chat that I was in Ireland and not NI etc etc and they had me post it back and then they refunded the postage. They're usually very good and would know at this stage what parcel wizard/motel/addresspal is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

had issue in the past expensive item but small that was delivered by pw,explained that my billing address isnt in the north and that its dpd courier and they issued label for Irish post to return it, id get back onto chat and ask for proper label issued, thou shipping cost came out of my end for that where in the past i know they used free return labels.

think they did some refund on shipping, main thing to say thou that your main account is your actual billing address

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Got a package delivered this moning. First time user of DPD. Excellent service in comparison with another recent courier who couldn't even be bothered telling me that they have left a package at someone's business address I don't even know.

I was emailed a 1 hour delivery slot and package was delivered in that time and in perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shiritoru

Never ever had complains to DPD services. Couriers are always nice, delivery on date, etc.
    But, sadly, one bad experience crossed out all the positive impressions.

They lost my parcel and can't find it. I called them and e-mailed them and than called again. Sent them goods description. Twice. "Parcel searches" that "can last for 5-7 days", was not even started, I suppose. Because the last time I called them lady was very suprised about all the "parcel searches" stuff.
    The parcel was sent via Colissimo service from France and disappeared in the bowels of DPD 29 of December. I can not imagine how this could happened. I receives a lot of parcels from different parts of the world, many of them without a tracking number, and was delivered via regular post, safe and sound.

It should be New Year gift for my partner. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I ordered a package on Wednesday and was in a hurry. I paid £5.99 for fast one day delivery.
    It was delivered yesterday morning to PW (they did not offer fast shipping to Ireland).
    And it is still not tracking on their site. I have opened up live chat twice but just times out.
    I am in bad need of this and quick. Phone rings and is then hung up. :mad:

Just venting. Very frustrating trying to get them to reply on the Live Chat.

Edited.

Their last tweet was 27th of November. Are they gone to shit?

anyone have any experience with collection ? i see theres like of mace spar in my town and nearly missed few deliveries in the past would them stores be reliable since know was it fastway that did a lot of such stores and usually would happen lots of screw ups when staff handles packages, to choose as collection point,and whats needed to collect is it ID and confirmation sms ? never used it but see they expanded a lot.thx for any input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Been using ParcelWizard for around 15 packages in the last 2 weeks. All delivered the next working day after they got it in Antrim.

Live Chat worked for me as well yesterday

Been using ParcelWizard for around 15 packages in the last 2 weeks. All delivered the next working day after they got it in Antrim.

Live Chat worked for me as well yesterday

4 out of my last 10 deliveries, i had to go to Santry on a Saturday morning early and pick it up.
    This parcel has just appeared on tracking, estimated delivery - 05/02/2018.
    Which means i will have to pick it up again from Santry early tomorrow morning.

Think this will be my last PW package.

It is not just the Live chat either, when i ring it rings twice or three times, then is hung up/cancelled.

Suckit wrote: »
    4 out of my last 10 deliveries, i had to go to Santry on a Saturday morning early and pick it up.
    This parcel has just appeared on tracking, estimated delivery - 05/02/2018.
    Which means i will have to pick it up again from Santry early tomorrow morning.

Think this will be my last PW package.

I've had similar experience of that crappy Santry depot. Never have an issue with the one near work though!

Got through to DPD, and despite Amazon tracking notifying me yesteray morning that it was delivered and accepted by DPD, i was told.
    DPD wrote:
    I can confirm that I have spoke to the head management and this issue is beig investigated. Amazon have been giving incorrect information to their customers informing you that your parcel arrived to the depot yesterday when it actually only arrived to the depot today...

So apparently amazon have been lying to people. :rolleyes:

Got through to DPD, and despite Amazon tracking notifying me yesteray morning that it was delivered and accepted by DPD, i was told.

No I've had the same thing happen - with Yodel as the courier I think? Whatever it was I DIDN'T pay for fast shipping so I knew it definitely couldn't have hit PW that fast despite what Amazon was saying.

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    No I've had the same thing happen - with Yodel as the courier I think? Whatever it was I DIDN'T pay for fast shipping so I knew it definitely couldn't have hit PW that fast despite what Amazon was saying.
    Usually that is if it doesn't get handed to the correct office, but mine was tracked all the way. I got notified when it was accepted.

Usually that is if it doesn't get handed to the correct office, but mine was tracked all the way. I got notified when it was accepted.

Nope I've never had one get lost/sent to PM. I've gotten delivery notifications when it's hit the local sorting office in Wales as well as the sorting office in NI lol :rolleyes:

they dont lie per say, happened couple times where say ordering small electronics from china they put in estimate delivery date say 3-5 weeks, once that date is hit status changes to delivered, thou only experienced it on using third parties on amazon, so its really issue with the shipper and shipping times to location.If not more often when choosing delivery speed it almost every time arrives day early.

Anyway that said no one answered my question is using pickup location they have on pickup points local small shops are there any issues where it might take longer or package could be easily lost > like a lot of stories that ive heard from ppl using fastway and packages being just mishandled and staff didnt care at all.

It was Amazon delivery, fulfilled by amazon. I know it was delivered yesterday to them because i was on to them at 12:30 after it was handed in.

I have not heard of any issues that other services lose the items. But seeing as mine has been delayed until Monday, there could be any number of reasons it would get delayed using a pick up location.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Are DPD reps still on here these days?

I have a parcel missing.

anyone know do they bother delivering to pickup locations on saturday ? mine came in this morning signed by pw, but no notification of any sort wonder do they keep it till Sunday to notify, given they dont operate over weekend.

DPD do deliver on saturdays. ive had a delivery a few weeks ago from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

dennispenn wrote: »
    DPD do deliver on saturdays. ive had a delivery a few weeks ago from them.

They don't deliver on Saturdays, They made an exception over the Christmas period.

They do some deliveries on Saturday, but only a half a load i believe. I think it is only a small percentage of drivers too.

• Advertisement

They don't deliver on Saturdays, They made an exception over the Christmas period.

I got a delivery on the 20th January. That was a Saturday. That's how I know they deliver on Saturdays.

Advertisement