Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

dennispenn wrote: »
    I got a delivery on the 20th January. That was a Saturday. That's how I know they deliver on Saturdays.

The seller you bought off of must of requested Saturday Delivery, My Depot in Dublin certainly does not deliver on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Same here. No Saturday deliveries for Parcel Wizard in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

The seller you bought off of must of requested Saturday Delivery, My Depot in Dublin certainly does not deliver on Saturdays.

The seller was Dunne's stores online. I believe their depot is in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

In a quandary regarding an item, dhl germany tracking says delivered yesterday via ukmail.
    the tracking doesnt give a signee etc and Dpd say they haven't got it. The tracking won't work on ukmail, seems I need a different tracking number to the dhl original one. I've been onto the sender to get better tracking info from dhl to see what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

How do I set up my Amazon delivery address so it will accept DPD Parcel Wizard?

I've already selected no weekend deliveries. The item in question can be delivered to Parcel Motel but not DPD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

sweetie wrote: »
    In a quandary regarding an item, dhl germany tracking says delivered yesterday via ukmail.
    the tracking doesnt give a signee etc and Dpd say they haven't got it. The tracking won't work on ukmail, seems I need a different tracking number to the dhl original one. I've been onto the sender to get better tracking info from dhl to see what happened.
    dhl fedex usually have most reliable tracking system on their sites, can always see every hop.what does it say for final location delivery does it have signed or address where its last been dropped.

only problem i see its delivered via ukmail, never experienced that dhl would hand it off to someone else,unless specified ,anyway get onto dhl support they should be able to give you all the specifics to last drop off location.

grebtol2 wrote: »
    How do I set up my Amazon delivery address so it will accept DPD Parcel Wizard?

I've already selected no weekend deliveries. The item in question can be delivered to Parcel Motel but not DPD.
    strange setup would be same as it would be for pm since they share almost all identical details.i know there are sellers that wont ship to NI now as well due to cost, but if pm is good pw should be same mine is setup :

Name : xxxxx xxxdxxx
    Address Line 1: PWxxxxxx Address Line 2: DPD Parcel Wizard Address Line 3:

Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road City/Town: Newtownabbey Postcode: BT36 4LB Country: Northern Ireland

my guess you could get rid of dpd at the second line and just use DPD Unit 5 xxx etc. if running into space issues.with address length.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Just ordered something on eBay the other day that's already on its way and just noticed that I hadn't updated my DPD address to the new one whenever they changed it so now it's going to:

Old address:

Units 3 & 5, Trench Park Rd, Mallusk, GB, Antrim, BT36 4TY

Instead of new address:

Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road, Newtownabbey, BT36 4LB

:o

Anyone do similar lately? Any problems with your parcel getting to the right address in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

This is how I've the fields filled on Amazon for DPD:

Postcode: BT36 4LB
    Street Address (line 1): DPD PW######
    Street Address (line 2): Unit 5 Trench Park Road
    Town/City: Newtownabbey
    County: Antrim

At this point, I use DPD for just about all my orders that will not ship to Ireland, but will to the north. DPD is also not as strict on dimensions. For example, Amazon shipped one package with a speaker system in a huge Amazon box, mostly filled with crumpled paper. It no doubt would have been oversize for Parcel Motel, but got away with the standard €3.85 Parcel Wizard fee.

My experience with speed has been very good - They generally deliver overnight, unlike Parcel Motel where I've often had to wait 2-3 days. The Parcel Motel locker is also a 35 minute drive from home.

Besides the overnight speed, Amazon seems to deliver quicker to the north also. For example, I ordered some coffee on Friday evening that was fulfilled by Amazon, but would not ship to Ireland. I got an e-mail from DPD on Monday that my parcel arrived. DPD delivered it today (Tuesday). In my 13 years of shopping with Amazon, Amazon has never delivered a package that quick directly to my house. Many of my Amazon orders usually end up stuck somewhere in the UK with I-Parcel for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

I know PW doesn't do Saturday deliveries, but to what extent do they process stuff received on that day? If they get something in the north on Saturday, will they deliver it on Monday or Tuesday? I'm not in real hurry with this one, but it would be nice to know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

doomshine wrote:
    I know PW doesn't do Saturday deliveries, but to what extent do they process stuff received on that day? If they get something in the north on Saturday, will they deliver it on Monday or Tuesday? I'm not in real hurry with this one, but it would be nice to know.

They don't process deliveries on a Saturday

doomshine wrote: »
    if all is right it should be with u on monday. they take in deliveries till 4-5,and from what i gather they are sorted same day to be sent into Ire to distribution centers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Cool, thanks! They got my delivery today at 7 in the morning, so we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

scamalert wrote: »
    if all is right it should be with u on monday. they take in deliveries till 4-5,and from what i gather they are sorted same day to be sent into Ire to distribution centers.

This doesn't seem to be the case anymore:

My amazon order was delivered to PW last Friday at 1:45PM , and when I checked my PW account at around 4:40PM, the package was not scanned yet.

When I asked them through chat, they told me that the package will be sorted on Monday when it reaches their Athlone depot and will be delivered on Tuesday.

Needless to say that I'm very disappointed as I used to get my PW package the next business day after delivery to their NI depot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

They could be still running behind from the snow, I had a package delivered last Monday that wasn't scanned until Wednesday and delivered Thursday

My package is still not scanned by PW. Looks like it won't be delivered until Wednesday if it's not scanned today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

One of the cool features of the DPD app is that for regular DPD deliveries (not parcel wizard) you get the 1 hour predict window, van location and number of stops left before yours in the app automatically probably based on your home address and name.

Amouar wrote: »
    My package is still not scanned by PW. Looks like it won't be delivered until Wednesday if it's not scanned today :(
    are you looking at track my last one wasnt scanned, and track showed nada, but got message sat delivered today.
    thou have to say im in leinster and quite familiar with local drivers as they do lots of business with garages etc so theres vans always around, even with snow once it got better couple weeks back seen them first day fully delivering, thou that said even to mid of this week many places were still recovering, huge backlogs on imports food into stores etc,and given a lot of airport activities were suspended on uk side and eu in general im not surprised that some have to wait.

Since speaking to one of the drivers before xmas, huge issues they have with people that order stuff come delivery time they are nowhere found,this is major pain in the but for em since few missed one mess up whole routine, when they need to reschedule, not saying its common but seems some people just chance it some times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Is there anyone here waiting on a DPD parcel?

I had an amazon delivery delivered to Parcel Wizard in the North last week and I have not received it yet. I contacted DPD and they told me that Amazon mistakenly delivered a lot of parcels last week to Nightline Parcel Motel which are in the same Industrial Estate. DPD have no record of my Parcel and it appears as if it is with the wrong courier now. Jeez!!

Amazon just refunded me the £19.99 and I just ordered it again via An Post AddressPal.

• Advertisement

Doltanian wrote: »

I had an amazon delivery delivered to Parcel Wizard in the North last week and I have not received it yet. I contacted DPD and they told me that Amazon mistakenly delivered a lot of parcels last week to Nightline Parcel Motel which are in the same Industrial Estate. DPD have no record of my Parcel and it appears as if it is with the wrong courier now. Jeez!!
    well its not dpd fault either royal or amazon made mistake thus your refund, imagine eventually youll have to items :) , its a bit of a hassle when two couriers have same location.

Doltanian wrote: »

Same happened to me. Dpd didn't receive my parcel and Amazon refunded me, but I didn't know that Amazon tried to deliver to Nightline Parcel Motel instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Same happened to me. Dpd didn't receive my parcel and Amazon refunded me, but I didn't know that Amazon tried to deliver to Nightline Parcel Motel instead.

Same here.
    Amazon immediately offered to send a replacement, but I said I'd wait till the courier sorted it out.
    Lots of stull sitting in Parcel Motel instead of Wizard, unless it goes walkabout before being redirected..

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Same here.
    Amazon immediately offered to send a replacement, but I said I'd wait till the courier sorted it out.
    Lots of stull sitting in Parcel Motel instead of Wizard, unless it goes walkabout before being redirected..

I think that Parcel motel handed back all the packages to Amazon instead of giving them to PW. This probably explains why amazon were so quick in offering a refund when I asked them to tell me the name of the person who signed for my package from PW (I didn't ask for refund , only the person's name).

I just received an email from PW saying that they received my parcel and is due for delivery tomorrow. I already received a refund from Amazon.
    I will wait until I'm sure that PW package is actually the one I was expecting before contacting Amazon.

I just received an email from PW saying that they received my parcel and is due for delivery tomorrow. I already received a refund from Amazon.
    I will wait until I'm sure that PW package is actually the one I was expecting before contacting Amazon.

I got the email too and the parcel is on its way tomorrow. I did tell the Amazon guy yesterday that if it turned up that I'd call them to rebill me secondly fair is fair like.

fair enough not taking two, id say whoever has to sort trough them has a major pain in the hole, one is pw another pm, load on the same truck and anything can happen, dont imagine if driver has to do dozen locations that they would be happy to stand until some guys sorts em on by one to make sure its right place when they deliver in tons.

and imagine given close proximity and past talks that the two couriers agreed to exchange parcels if mistakes were made, wouldnt be to hard to have driver sorting mistakes that are obvious when scanning, to load up and exchange on daily basis given both services are doing well in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I'm a regular DPD parcel wizard customer but am disgusted with the service I've experienced over the last two days.

After speaking to two people this morning, I was assured it would be sorted today. It hasn't been sorted and I'm waiting on hold now for the last 40 minutes with no sign of my call being answered.

Is there nobody there to answer the phone or has the service gone so downhill that your volume of callers has increased? Really not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

scamalert wrote: »
    fair enough not taking two, id say whoever has to sort trough them has a major pain in the hole, one is pw another pm, load on the same truck and anything can happen, dont imagine if driver has to do dozen locations that they would be happy to stand until some guys sorts em on by one to make sure its right place when they deliver in tons.

and imagine given close proximity and past talks that the two couriers agreed to exchange parcels if mistakes were made, wouldnt be to hard to have driver sorting mistakes that are obvious when scanning, to load up and exchange on daily basis given both services are doing well in general.

parcel wizard and parcel motel both have trolleys filled with sacks delivered to them so that is how one may slip through the odd time, its happened to me a couple of times and both companies have been helpful in sorting it out

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Once PW and PM have a process to sort this and make this known to customers is fair enough.

I had an issue earlier this year where the signature for an intended PW delivery had a PM employee's name (it matched previous PM deliveries I had), but both PW and PM played completely dumb. Absolutely painful. The issue sorted itself out within a few days but I was in the dark all that time.

Advertisement