Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I had a parcel delivered to the DPD Hub in Newtownabbey on Saturday-or so the Hermes tracking claims. It was apparently 'left in a safe place', no signature. Rang Parcel Wizard customer care who said the depot wasn't open on Saturday. Rang Hermes and cannot get past the automated system which told me it was delivered and to check my 'calling card' to see where they left it. Tried their FAQ which informed me that they cannot contact couriers directly. Am currently in a 104 person queue for live chat and am expecting to be fobbed off.

It was an Ebay order and since it has been 'delivered' I expect I have no grounds for a refund. Has anyone else experienced this before and did the package eventually turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,283 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

sunbeam wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered to the DPD Hub in Newtownabbey on Saturday-or so the Hermes tracking claims. It was apparently 'left in a safe place', no signature. Rang Parcel Wizard customer care who said the depot wasn't open on Saturday. Rang Hermes and cannot get past the automated system which told me it was delivered and to check my 'calling card' to see where they left it. Tried their FAQ which informed me that they cannot contact couriers directly. Am currently in a 104 person queue for live chat and am expecting to be fobbed off.

It was an Ebay order and since it has been 'delivered' I expect I have no grounds for a refund. Has anyone else experienced this before and did the package eventually turn up?

hermes is a terrible service, contact the seller on ebay in a day or two and let them chase it up

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just wondering if anybody has come across this before and wondering how it worked out.

I ordered a largish item from China to Parcel Wizard. The reason i ordered it to PW, was because the UK had an option to pay Tariff Insurance.
    I paid the Tariff Insurance and ordered the item.

It is now being held by Customs in the UK.

What happens next? I know DPD will not pay any fees, nor do I expect them to.
    If I need to pay the fees (and will be refunded), how can I pay them in the UK?

Contacted DPD and was told
    Because DPD is the final address on the parcel we should receive a postcard with a reference number from the UK customs to notify us that the goods are held in customs. we will then send you this reference number and you can pay the duty with this reference number and then the goods will be sent to dp

So should be straightforward enough

thats good to know, i always thought it was just shipped back

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    thats good to know, i always thought it was just shipped back
    Worked out cheaper with Tariff Insurance too.
    Shipping to Ireland was much more, and there was no Tariff Insurance, so before VAT, item was €15 more than total including PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Suckit wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has come across this before and wondering how it worked out.

I ordered a largish item from China to Parcel Wizard. The reason i ordered it to PW, was because the UK had an option to pay Tariff Insurance.
    I paid the Tariff Insurance and ordered the item.

It is now being held by Customs in the UK.

What happens next? I know DPD will not pay any fees, nor do I expect them to.
    If I need to pay the fees (and will be refunded), how can I pay them in the UK?
    its cool if dpd will mail you to pay vat, but was thinking isnt there some custom site number to contact them and arrange payment via transfer to get it paid asap, and get it cleared.

is it me or lately DPD started to deliver later then they would schedule, ive experienced now more then few times where id get message out for delivery with no estimate time,just to get late message that it will be delivered at changed times twice over same day, and last one didn't mention time at all just said rescheduled. a bit disappointing when see em all day driving round town.

My fella arrived 9:01 today pure perfection

scamalert wrote: »
    its cool if dpd will mail you to pay vat, but was thinking isnt there some custom site number to contact them and arrange payment via transfer to get it paid asap, and get it cleared.

I don't know, never heard of it. Would be handy though, still no word from customs and I can't pay until I hear from them.

• Advertisement

Being returned to sender.. :( No idea what happened. DPD said it must have been requested, seller does not know either. I havr to cancel item and reorder.
    Cannot contact HM Revenue & Customs no matter which number I try and I cannot find an email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Being returned to sender.. :( No idea what happened. DPD said it must have been requested, seller does not know either. I havr to cancel item and reorder.
    Cannot contact HM Revenue & Customs no matter which number I try and I cannot find an email address.

Who delivered it - Royal Mail?
    They collect the charges, like An Post

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Who delivered it - Royal Mail?
    They collect the charges, like An Post

Singapore Post delivered it to UK. It was held in customs since then and no contact from them. Checked it today and it is being returned, I have emailed them using the email address on this page. But I would imagine it is already on its way back.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-clearance-hub-for-goods-entering-leaving-or-transiting-the-eu#contacting-the-nch
    Destination Country: United Kingdom

2018-04-25 09:35 - Returned to Sender
    2018-04-25 07:15 - Held by Customs at Destination
    2018-04-24 07:05 - Held by Customs at Destination
    2018-04-23 07:42 - Held by Customs at Destination
    2018-04-23 01:09 - Held by Customs at Destination
    2018-04-22 20:42 - In transit to Destination
    2018-04-22 16:28 - In transit to Destination
    2018-04-21 08:47 - In transit to Destination
    2018-04-19 16:08 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE Departed from Processing Facility
    2018-04-19 15:28 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE Departed from Processing Facility
    2018-04-19 13:52 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE Received at Destination Processing Facility
    2018-04-19 13:52 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE Received at Processing Facility
    2018-04-16 09:11 SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE Notification of shipment confirmation

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not really.....from their FAQ:

"As long as the parcels originate from within the EU and the retailer you purchase from has a delivery option to Northern Ireland. However, DPD is not responsible for any charges on delivery – e.g. Payment on Delivery, customs duties etc. and deliveries of this nature will not be accepted into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address."

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not really.....from their FAQ:

"As long as the parcels originate from within the EU and the retailer you purchase from has a delivery option to Northern Ireland. However, DPD is not responsible for any charges on delivery – e.g. Payment on Delivery, customs duties etc. and deliveries of this nature will not be accepted into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address."

Yeah, I knew that, but after contacting them they told me that they would receive a card with a reference number, which would allow me to pay it.

The weird thing is that it is being returned.
    In the past when I queried a customs charge in Ireland, I was given a week or it would be destroyed, one time the items were pulled out of the area they go to be destroyed (it was a mistake on their part). Although those were with DHL, so they may be a law unto themselves.
    I am pretty sure if it is considered counterfeit it is destroyed on the spot.

There was no contact at all from UK customs, and it was just sent back. They have my email address and DPD phone number, but DPD say that they were not contacted - although that may not be the case.
    I had also paid Tariff Insurance, which only really seems to work out in my favour if it gets stopped and I have to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Hi folks,

I got a text from DPD to say my parcel will be delivered today between 13.22-14.22 but at 13:27 it changed to route blocked. This is not possible as I live just inside a main road and there were no such blocks etc.

Anyways at 17:30 I recieved a text to say they will attempt delivery again tomorrow 2nd May.

And then at 18:10 it updated to delivered and signed by me (no proof of delivery just stated my name as on parcel). This was not the case there were 5 people in the house , 3 in a kitchen right beside the front door.

Tried ringing but they close at 18:00.

Anyone ever experience this?

well page back i posted about getting messages where they change time etc, and it get delayed till next day eventually. thou never seen signed, if you dont get any message 2morrow morning call or go on chat asap. since could been handed to wrong person as these things go, or maybe some system error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

scamalert wrote: »
    well page back i posted about getting messages where they change time etc, and it get delayed till next day eventually. thou never seen signed, if you dont get any message 2morrow morning call or go on chat asap. since could been handed to wrong person as these things go, or maybe some system error.

Hopefully they have not delivered to wrong address as the parcel was worth a couple of hundred euros. Will give them a call tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

I can't seem to get the parcel wizard address working with amazon uk. is there some trick to get it to accept the address?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Skip the part where it recommends an address replacement for you.

You need to keep the address as you entered it.

• Advertisement

Dang its still not working. Tried putting parcel wizard i.d in the name field and every other combination. What should I put in for the telephone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Withrax wrote: »
    Dang its still not working. Tried putting parcel wizard i.d in the name field and every other combination. What should I put in for the telephone number?

You can use your mobile number for the phone number

its not that complex as long as you manage to put your name pw id and their where abouts location theres enough space if you splice address between few fields.

Thanks for the help but I couldn't get it to work. I think amazon has restricted delivery of the item to parcel wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Withrax wrote: »
    Thanks for the help but I couldn't get it to work. I think amazon has restricted delivery of the item to parcel wizard

Mod <snip>. An Post has a list of prohibited articles for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,688 ✭✭✭✭briany

Last parcel I got through PW arrived on a Saturday. Is Saturday delivery a thing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Only in some cities/counties and likely when they have a backlog to clear.

yeah dont believe they do Saturdays besides exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

First time this has happened to me

Received a parcel through PW that had already been opened, and put inside a new bag, which I thought was fishy

Turned out the seller hadn't included the account number in the address on the outside (quelle surprise :rolleyes:), but fortunately had the correct address on the invoice inside

Package arrived here 3 working days after being received at DPD, despite the wrong address being used by the seller. Impressive

• Advertisement

ive had phone delivered to pw, that had no pw id and name was family members was supposed to go trough dpd straight to my house, but at the end they dropped it off at pick up location - thou didn't take any credit for delivering- found it odd, but at least got the phone.Only benefit if it wasnt delivered on Friday id been out on Monday and missed delivery,so worked out faster at the end.

Advertisement