Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I ordered an item in the offspring UK sale. They use DPD for deliveries anyway.
    I received DPD notifications and updates like Parcel Wizard, which was a nice surprise.
    I found it handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Suckit wrote: »
    I ordered an item in the offspring UK sale. They use DPD for deliveries anyway.
    I received DPD notifications and updates like Parcel Wizard, which was a nice surprise.
    I found it handy.

The same has just happened to me!! That's a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Doge

Had an item supposively delivered to the virtual address today by Hermes at 11:29 today but didnt get the Parcel Wizard notification.

Do people find that sometimes it won't notify you til the next working day?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Doge wrote: »
    Had an item supposively delivered to the virtual address today by Hermes at 11:29 today but didnt get the Parcel Wizard notification.

Do people find that sometimes it won't notify you til the next working day?

Yes has happened to me a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭maik3n

Anyone know the method or way around returning amazon items, that were purchased through our virtual uk address.
    DPD returns system doesn't support amazon and when I go through the return process on amazon, it's asking me to physically drop my parcel to a UK pickup point?

Is there some way around it or will I just have to take the hit and pay for sending it to the UK through An Post. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭tk123

maik3n wrote: »
    Anyone know the method or way around returning amazon items, that were purchased through our virtual uk address.
    DPD returns system doesn't support amazon and when I go through the return process on amazon, it's asking me to physically drop my parcel to a UK pickup point?

Is there some way around it or will I just have to take the hit and pay for sending it to the UK through An Post. :confused:

If it's faulty they'll refund you the postage.
    If you've changed your mind etc you'll usually have to pay. You could also look into using Collect+ and Parcel Motel. When I needed to use it before it was similar price to An Post...but An Post wouldn't accept a watch battery (I was returning a damaged watch and couldn't get the battery out without doing even more damage) so I had to use Collect+ instead!

Contact amazon through amazon chat and they should send you instructions to print to return the item freepost to their Irish depot.
    I did that last week.

tk123 wrote: »
    If it's faulty they'll refund you the postage.
    If you've changed your mind etc you'll usually have to pay. You could also look into using Collect+ and Parcel Motel. When I needed to use it before it was similar price to An Post...but An Post wouldn't accept a watch battery (I was returning a damaged watch and couldn't get the battery out without doing even more damage) so I had to use Collect+ instead!
    Not faulty, just changed my mind so I will probably have to take the hit on the postage.
    It's more the practicality/logistics of returning it that is proving to be the main obstacle.
    Contact amazon through amazon chat and they should send you instructions to print to return the item freepost to their Irish depot.
    I did that last week.
    Looking online, the irish depot doesn't have great feedback so I feared it might get lost in transit somewhere.
    Also, did you originally use a virtual UK address or just your Irish address when you purchased your item? :cool:

They won't always give a label for the Irish depot but anything I've had to return for damages etc they've just had me scan the postage receipt and refunded

They won't always give a label for the Irish depot but anything I've had to return for damages etc they've just had me scan the postage receipt and refunded
    All is not lost then, lol.

I will contact Amazon chat and see what they can/will offer.
    Happy to run it through An Post, if I can ultimately claim back the cost by scanning my receipt of postage to amazon. ;)

• Advertisement

Looking online, the irish depot doesn't have great feedback so I feared it might get lost in transit somewhere.
    Also, did you originally use a virtual UK address or just your Irish address when you purchased your item? :cool:
    I purchased it to deliver to DPD PW.
    When I returned it via amazon Freepost, i received a receipt.

I was expecting that because it wasn't an item that was fulfilled by amazon, but they gave me the Irish depot.
    I guess it depends on who you get on the chat and/or maybe which store it is purchased from.

Good news, bad news.

Bad news is that it's apparently only the UK depot that deals with returns.
    Or so the rep in chat says.

Good news is that they agreed to refund the postage costs with An Post, once I scan and email my receipt. So things have all worked out in the end.

Many thanks for the help/advice folks. ;)

Anyone ever successfully used parcel wizard (or parcel motel) with CEX UK?
    http://uk.webuy.com

Looking through their delivery options, they seem a bit strict with regard to names and credit card details etc. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys anyone ever had any experience with their Parcel Wizard package being seized by customs?

I got my UPS delivered notification yesterday morning then I got the normal DPD notification yesterday afternoon saying your parcel is on its way and my account was deducted by €3.85.

I was getting worried all day though when I didn't receive my 1hr prediction window so anyway at lunchtime today I got an email from DPD saying unfortunately your package was seized by customs last night and they would be in contact to advise on how I'll get my goods?

Heard nothing all day and as I've experienced before DPD customer care is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The thing that's really bothering me though is that my friend ordered exactly the same items on exactly the same day and got the same delivery notice signed by the same guy as mine but he received his 1hr delivery prediction and his was delivered today.

Absolutely fuming.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Anyone ever successfully used parcel wizard (or parcel motel) with CEX UK?
    http://uk.webuy.com

Looking through their delivery options, they seem a bit strict with regard to names and credit card details etc. :confused:

Yes. Parcel motel. I think I used PayPal though or possibly revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hey guys anyone ever had any experience with their Parcel Wizard package being seized by customs?

I got my UPS delivered notification yesterday morning then I got the normal DPD notification yesterday afternoon saying your parcel is on its way and my account was deducted by €3.85.

I was getting worried all day though when I didn't receive my 1hr prediction window so anyway at lunchtime today I got an email from DPD saying unfortunately your package was seized by customs last night and they would be in contact to advise on how I'll get my goods?

Heard nothing all day and as I've experienced before DPD customer care is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The thing that's really bothering me though is that my friend ordered exactly the same items on exactly the same day and got the same delivery notice signed by the same guy as mine but he received his 1hr delivery prediction and his was delivered today.

Absolutely fuming.

contact DPD ask who was the person that seized they should give you Number to contact customs person, if its grey area item, alcohol, lighter gas compressed air etc you might have leverage, if its something of different nature might as well forget it.Irish customs have strict rules an post site alone going by it you wouldnt be able to import water or any item if it was like they outline, also seen recently amazon got tough as well no more getting compressed air or batteries trough PW which is a joke, since if you buy full set of say a drill theres no issues.Hell even ebay is taking a pi$$ had ordered blade cutter set, and needed extra blades- no go for uk or ire, but if you buy set all is well so go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Anyone else waiting on items from Amazon to be scanned in? Sent one parcel from Prime Day to PW because no one home next week, it was delivered yesterday but still not showing up in PW :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Anyone else waiting on items from Amazon to be scanned in? Sent one parcel from Prime Day to PW because no one home next week, it was delivered yesterday but still not showing up in PW :(

yeah actually, I'm in the same boat... Was wondering if there is a backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

With the volumes of stuff ordered Monday alone stuff has properly ended up in parcel motel instead of Parcel wizard.

It's very common. Both addresses are very very close to each other.
    But there great for passing stuff between the two companies. Don't panic just yet

I messed up.
    I ordered a pair of shoes, and without double checking (I was rushing out), I didn't make my address Ireland (I had ordered another item just before, to Irish address).

Anyway, I am just after finding out they were delivered to PW today.
    I don't want them. I have taken my CC off PW to prevent being charged for spam, so they are still in PW Depot until Momday at least.

I can't contact them now as they are closed, I will likely have to pay for them to be delivered so that I can return them.
    If I don't pay, will they be returned to amazon anyway?
    I might ask PW to drop them in to any post office up there with the return label. Has anybody asked them to do that before?

If I pay for them to be delivered down here, chances are I will have to pay for them to be returned to the UK, unless I get an agent that will make a label for Irish returns, Which is 50/50.

• Advertisement

I messed up.
    I ordered a pair of shoes, and without double checking (I was rushing out), I didn't make my address Ireland (I had ordered another item just before, to Irish address).

Anyway, I am just after finding out they were delivered to PW today.
    I don't want them. I have taken my CC off PW to prevent being charged for spam, so they are still in PW Depot until Momday at least.

I can't contact them now as they are closed, I will likely have to pay for them to be delivered so that I can return them.
    If I don't pay, will they be returned to amazon anyway?
    I might ask PW to drop them in to any post office up there with the return label. Has anybody asked them to do that before?

If I pay for them to be delivered down here, chances are I will have to pay for them to be returned to the UK, unless I get an agent that will make a label for Irish returns, Which is 50/50.
    think they will bother you for 7 days to pay up for delivery, but if return address is visible as i understand they might send it back,albeit waiting a week first at very least. Check FAQ on their website what happens if you dont collect. Personally i would pay for one time delivery fee as you can buy only one or use pp as well, since you will need to notify amazon either way to get label printed for return, its few euro out of pocket but saves time as otherwise you'll be looking at close to a month before getting refund, as they dont process it until item is delivered back.

And label isnt 50/50 , you tell them to send label to your payment address which was used at the time of purchase,so if you used card it will be Ireland and your home address, they know about PW, but point is you paid from your account,as they ask what way do you want to get your funds,they care that you return the item, so shipping address isn't an issue.

scamalert wrote: »
    And label isnt 50/50 , you tell them to send label to your payment address which was used at the time of purchase,so if you used card it will be Ireland and your home address, they know about PW, but point is you paid from your account,as they ask what way do you want to get your funds,they care that you return the item, so shipping address isn't an issue.

Thanks.
    Yeah, unfortunately I've been in similar situation before, where I had to send items back that came via PW.
    Sometimes they tell you it has to be returned to UK warehouse.

Even more annoying, the shoes are now more than 50% off the price I paid for them in the Amazon Prime sale, which was supposedly sale price :(.

I'll ask them on Monday if they could print the label and return them from there, hopefully they will oblige.

I think the affair is over.
    I'm waiting for this delivery and then I'll be closing my account.

Amazon realised there was an issue and arranged to collect the parcel from DPD Virtual Address, Sorting Centre or another convenient location by using DPD..

Got on to PW chat, and I asked about DPD arranging the collection of it. Was told that they don't provide that service. So i asked about returns, nope.
    I've to get the parcel sent down to me.

I get that they "don't provide that service", but when did companies start hiring robots without any initiative?
    I would hate to have people so unaccommodating working for me.
    The exchange wasn't unpleasant, as it didn't need to be. But it left me with a bad taste and questioning them.

Parcel only needed a label stuck on it and to be left at reception, or anywhere that they have human staff that interact with the outside world, or with people that work for the same International company.
    PM and AP have returns services and collection services.

I do remember hearing all of the bad reviews of DPD and complaints, but I guess until you experience poor customer service/relations it doesn't effect you.

I think the affair is over.
    I'm waiting for this delivery and then I'll be closing my account.

Amazon realised there was an issue and arranged to collect the parcel from DPD Virtual Address, Sorting Centre or another convenient location by using DPD..

Got on to PW chat, and I asked about DPD arranging the collection of it. Was told that they don't provide that service. So i asked about returns, nope.
    I've to get the parcel sent down to me.

I get that they "don't provide that service", but when did companies start hiring robots without any initiative?
    I would hate to have people so unaccommodating working for me.
    The exchange wasn't unpleasant, as it didn't need to be. But it left me with a bad taste and questioning them.

Parcel only needed a label stuck on it and to be left at reception, or anywhere that they have human staff that interact with the outside world, or with people that work for the same International company.
    PM and AP have returns services and collection services.

I do remember hearing all of the bad reviews of DPD and complaints, but I guess until you experience poor customer service/relations it doesn't effect you.

You sound like a fanatsic customer - i’m sure they’ll be devestated to lose you!

You sound like a fanatsic customer - i’m sure they’ll be devestated to lose you!

Most companies should be upset to lose anyone.
    What is so wrong with what I said?

not sure was it meant ironic or truthful :) likes of dpd i imagine by now have a lot of customers, so few down is like a drop in a lake for them.

its like that with most big companies banks etc nowadays they cant be arsed to hire extra couple people, rather put call center and let em scroll on the screens.

Overall DPD PW aint bad theres worse couriers out there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

To me then you really don’t .get it. They don’t do this, but you think they should. The reason they wouldn’t is that may be liable if it goes missing after that point.

You:"Have you got a signature from Royal Mail?"
    PW "Nope, we just left it out as you asked"
    You "Where is it now?"
    PW "No idea, we don’t have it"
    Amazon:"You say you sent it, we don’t have it, you have no signature, why do we give you your money back exactly?"

whiterebel wrote: »
    To me then you really don’t .get it. They don’t do this, but you think they should. The reason they wouldn’t is that may be liable if it goes missing after that point.

You:"Have you got a signature from Royal Mail?"
    PW "Nope, we just left it out as you asked"
    You "Where is it now?"
    PW "No idea, we don’t have it"
    Amazon:"You say you sent it, we don’t have it, you have no signature, why do we give you your money back exactly?"

Why, do DPD not have any tracking facility??

It is not me who does not get it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why, do DPD not have any tracking facility??

It is not me who does not get it.

No, because you are asking them to put it into someone else system.

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    likes of dpd i imagine by now have a lot of customers, so few down is like a drop in a lake for them.
    That's part of a bigger issue for consumers tbh.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    No, because you are asking them to put it into someone else system.

Amazon had arranged it for them to return it themselves.
    They only had to put the Amazon return label on it.

It doesn't matter, they would not do it, and it is being delivered to me.

Advertisement