Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Hi there, I'm trying to buy an item from size.co.uk that offers free UK shipping (Ireland delivery costs £6.99) and when I try to put in the address from Parcel Wizard manually, it doesn't accept it. Now, when I try the automatic way, it does match the address for DPD Parcel Wizard ("Unit 5, Trench Road, Newtownabbey, BT364LB") but it doesn't include my PW ID, will that be a problem?? Or will they be able to figure out it's for me when the parcel matches my name? I've used DPD Parcel Wizard before with no problems, but this is the first time I'm having trouble with the address issue. Help!

Edit: Tried it again, and it seemed to have worked (I put in my ID next to the 'Unit 5'), problem is it only accpets this address in the Billing Address page, will that be a problem?! As obviously, my billing address isn't this UK address!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Use "Name PW ID Surname" pattern. Problem solved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

same issue as few posts above had ordered item from uk it allowed to put in name pw id in same line but once checked out it just took name in leaving pw id out figuring system deleted any numbers in the name field, will they figure it out once they rcv it, as imagine there should be invoice with my address to send it mine direction.

Unregistered Users

It's very unlikely they sort it out, unless your name is unique/unusual. Contact them.

joujoujou wrote: »
    It's very unlikely they sort it out, unless your name is unique/unusual. Contact them.
    yeah seems they picked it up name unique and prob invoice was inside as well, now only if they deliver it on time as recently stopped receiving estimate time, and usually just get 00:00 as seems drivers often get redirected to different pickups or locations while on the road. Still haven't had any major issues to complain really in the years ive been using pw.

thx joujou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭eastie17

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, its a big thread and I couldn't find it in the first few questions.

Question: How does a DPD package dropped off at a DPD pickup point, a centra get into DPD's system telling the driver to collect it?

Background: I have a return due to incorrect order being shipped to me from a vendor in Ireland. They utilize DPD for returns.
    I followed the process and got a return label from DPD which I duly attached to my return and dropped it off at a listed DPD pickup point, which is a centra.

When I was there the DPD driver happened to be in the shop, I asked him could he take it, he apologized and said he couldn't as the system had to tell him to come pick it up. Fair enough so I gave it to the girl behind the counter.
    Thinking about it afterwards, I was then wondering how does it get into the system? I rang DPD customer support but they were just useless, telling me to ring the local depot.
    Is the shop supposed to scan it? And that is what tells DPD to collect it?
    If that is what is supposed to happen then I presume that would then show up as a scan when I check the tracking number?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is the shop supposed to scan it?

Yes, AFAIK. They scan it and this is what enters it into the system and logs for pickup

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

Basically over a month ago I ordered an aquarium treatment product from Amazon and as usually tried to use DPD parcel Wizard.
    Anyway it never arrived, DPD said the package was open and empty so the threw it away, this was in their Limerick Depot.
    Amazon tracking shows DPD received it in Newtownabbey and signed for it, if the packet was open and empty they would have refused it.
    I emailed DPD about this and they said they would compensate me and they were forwarding my details to their claims department who would contact me shortly.
    They never did. I have emailed DPD several times the past two weeks and my emails are ignored.
    I do not want them to get away with this and am very surprised the way they have treat a very good customer, who has done a lot of business with them.
    What consumer organization can I complain too?

Mod: merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

You need to keep on top of them for them to issue a refund, by phone. I've had two items get lost and they never contacted when they said they would, I only got it because I kept calling. They also claimed they never got any of my emails so I sent one while on the phone to get verbal confirmation. Always very nice and trying to be helpful but you definitely need to lead the cause

liam24 wrote: »
    Basically over a month ago I ordered an aquarium treatment product from Amazon and as usually tried to use DPD parcel Wizard.
    Anyway it never arrived, DPD said the package was open and empty so the threw it away, this was in their Limerick Depot.
    Amazon tracking shows DPD received it in Newtownabbey and signed for it, if the packet was open and empty they would have refused it.
    I emailed DPD about this and they said they would compensate me and they were forwarding my details to their claims department who would contact me shortly.
    They never did. I have emailed DPD several times the past two weeks and my emails are ignored.
    I do not want them to get away with this and am very surprised the way they have treat a very good customer, who has done a lot of business with them.
    What consumer organization can I complain too?

Mod: merged
    thats very unusual, once it landed to pw did they sent you sms or email that your parcel was scanned in and will be delivered next day ?

if you got one of these dpd or pw should be able to trace tracking number assigned, my guess only way it could been said empty if packet was really small and they prob lost it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

If DPD in Little Island Cork are typical of all DPD Depots I would avoid them like the plague. My package was due for delivery on Monday and has still not arrived. The scenario is as follows, Monday morning I received an email from DPD stating that my package was due for delivery on Monday and that I would be contacted with an hour window for delivery Monday at 15.10 I received an email that an attempted contact and delivery failed. I was at home all day and had my phone on my person. I contacted Little Island depot, but they were adamant that contact failed. I arranged to collect at depot on Tuesday. Approx half hour later I contacted DPD again , explained that I was unable to collect on Tuesday and asked could they deliver on Wednesday. They agreed to do so. No delivery on Wednesday. I contacted them on Wednesday evening and they said it could not be delivered as there was no Eircode on package. Could I email it in. This I did. I asked how delivery was attempted on Monday without the eircode . No answer there. Email was confirmed as delivered. No delivery on Thursday. Again no address or Eircode. Re emailed the address and Eircode as I was speaking to the person and she confirmed that she had received the email and said that the parcel would be out today. Just off the phone with DPD Little Island and surprise surprise the package is still not out for delivery and it will now be Tuesday. The reason for today's non delivery? No Address and no Eircode. My advise AVOID DPD

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thats very strange for DPD. Normally on the button with the delivery times, the local guy for East Cork is brilliant. I've no Eircode on any deliveries. They seem totally confused themselves, their depot was in Kilbarry for years, on their website, they still call it Kilbarry and thats what it shows on the map. The address is for Little Island. Unless its teething problems after moving across, but I don't know how long they're gone from Kilbarry.

Since dpd started i had few instances mainly this year where you would get notification if collecting from their pickup location and youd never get proper estimate time, had instances where it said delivery failed etc no ones at home - when it had to be brought to shop which was open :o , just to rcv message hour later for pickup.

thing is dpd got big now, and have spoken in the past with the drivers they could be redirected in a blink for some larger or more important pickup, thus you'll get their automatic failed delivery message.

Its coming to time of year where this will happen more often for some, last year had driver working past 7 and he said he was redirected but made attempt to deliver it to me sacrificing his own time instead putting it off for another day.

main mistake think you made was rearranging delivery then changing your time again, these things screw up with deliveries and logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

First time using Parcel Wizard (was using parcel motel)

If an item was delivered to their NI address say yesterday at 3, when would you expect to receive notification from PW that they have it? With PM it would have been the same evening. Just haven't heard from PW yet on a delivery

Thanks

frogstar wrote:
    If an item was delivered to their NI address say yesterday at 3, when would you expect to receive notification from PW that they have it? With PM it would have been the same evening. Just haven't heard from PW yet on a delivery

Usually hear same day, but it can be next day. I'd say busy season is just starting now with Christmas shopping (for comparison I had something delivered at 2:39pm on Monday and got notification at 3:37pm)

Usually hear same day, but it can be next day. I'd say busy season is just starting now with Christmas shopping (for comparison I had something delivered at 2:39pm on Monday and got notification at 3:37pm)

Thanks. Was delivered in NI yesterday at 3 but still haven't received a confirmation from PW. First time using the so a bit cautious

frogstar wrote:
    Thanks. Was delivered in NI yesterday at 3 but still haven't received a confirmation from PW. First time using the so a bit cautious

If it's longer than 24 hours I always get in touch. I've seen mixed reports about the live chat but I've always found it useful

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

post from bargain alerts, package was cans of beer and glasses, box is reported to clearly say fragile by others.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    My order came today with Parcel Wizard but the delivery guy threw it over the fence so ended up with a cracked glass and a burst can.

Looking forward to trying some over the weekend now :)

If it's longer than 24 hours I always get in touch. I've seen mixed reports about the live chat but I've always found it useful

Yeah I contacted them and were very helpful though didn't have parcel. Looks like amazon may have delivered to wrong address even though it did say PW (perhaps went to parcel motel). Anyway amazon are resending
    A new delivery so hopefully get it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I ordered a product online and the retailer used PW.

I sat in yesterday and today, and apparently the driver called but nobody was at home.
    I used live chat and had a positive response, but got a rather rude individual when I rang the local depot.
    I am not impressed.

^^^
    This was my scenario to a tee, only two days in a row.

• Advertisement

only bad experience recently that driver didnt bother to scan parcels as delivered to local pickup point, figured out myself and there it was sitting in store with no notifications, next day.

Thou to be fair the loads some of the drivers do, delivery being postponed will be more common coming towards holidays, the message attempted delivery usually means they either got rerouted or to busy to make it on that day or time.

I posted similar last week... First time using PW and my first parcel didn't seem to reach PW from Amazon. Amazon reordered the package for me

A full week later the missing parcel arrived.

But I seem to have a similar issue, again and wondwr is this how PW works or am I just unlucky... PW confirmed I'm using the correct address.

Amazon delivered a parcel on monday at 2.40 to the NI address. I'm still waiting to hear from PW. Is this usual? I actually thought the parcel being delivered today was the one that they signed for on Monday but no it was the one signed for a week ago...

You seem to be unlucky. I had an Amazon parcel delivered today in the morning and a separate package delivered early afternoon and received both notifications around 4 o'clock, maybe 20 minutes apart

frogstar wrote: »
    I posted similar last week... First time using PW and my first parcel didn't seem to reach PW from Amazon. Amazon reordered the package for me

A full week later the missing parcel arrived.

But I seem to have a similar issue, again and wondwr is this how PW works or am I just unlucky... PW confirmed I'm using the correct address.

Amazon delivered a parcel on monday at 2.40 to the NI address. I'm still waiting to hear from PW. Is this usual? I actually thought the parcel being delivered today was the one that they signed for on Monday but no it was the one signed for a week ago...
    a bit hard to follow ,did you get your first parcel delivered that they missed the first time ? or still waiting on any of them ?

usual routine would be once it lands to NI and gets signed you get message confirming same day that it was received and given track usually for next day delivery, and sms/email next day thats its on route to you. Otherwise it seems really strange that same keeps happening to you and it doesn't get scanned for some reason, as user above id get notification usually within same hour or few once they have it.

Yeah sorry it is hard to follow when I read back.

My very first delivery we assumed lost as it was delivered by amazon a week ago. I received no notification from PW. It came today.

I've another parcel that was delivered on Monday but I've not heard from them about it ... So it seems you should hear on the day it was delivered? I'll drop them a note. At least they are responding very quickly to tweets, Unlike PM

yes almost always on the same day could be few hours until they get to scanning it in, but id look into whats causing that if address is correct make sure you disable weekend deliveries on amazon, they do deliver on Sundays and PW only works limited hours on Saturday and closed Sunday, just smth id be aware off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

when using PW i usually use "Mallusk" as opposed to "Newtownabbey" in the address because they sometimes deliver it to Parcel Motel.
    So to avoid confusion:

Parcel Wizard Address:

PWXXXXXX
    Unit 5 Trench Park, Trench Road
    Mallusk, Antrim BT36 4LB

Parcel Motel Address:

PMXXXXXX
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Antrim BT36 4PE

Unregistered Users

5star02707 wrote: »
    when using PW i usually use "Mallusk" as opposed to "Newtownabbey" in the address because they sometimes deliver it to Parcel Motel.
    [...]

Same here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

Hi, I have a package due to be delivered ordered last Thursday. Yodel say it was delivered at 11.56 this morning but Parcel wizard have no record of the package. I have never used this site before so not sure what the situation is now??

• Advertisement

I had a package delivered by Yodel this morning at 11:46. No notification from PW and my account shows nothing.

Advertisement