Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

UsedToWait wrote: »
    When was it supposed to have been delivered?
    I'd say they've a big backlog, so maybe no need to panic yet.

I'd a delivery on Sunday, and they haven't scanned it yet - the courier note said 'left @ dpd' - I'm hoping it was left somewhere safe!

That's exactly what mine said, but I got onto DPD who confirmed they never received it. I suppose it could be in a stack of other boxes that hasn't scanned yet, hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Are DPD deliveries supposed to be signed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Yes, they are. Never signed one though, drivers just handed a pack over and did "sign for" thing themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

joujoujou wrote: »
    Yes, they are. Never signed one though, drivers just handed a pack over and did "sign for" thing themselves.

At least they handed it to ye. Driver just rang another person in my office who also had a delivery and said the packages were down stairs inside the office block front door! I only knew cause i was beside them when they got the call. I had a package worth a few hundred yoyo's being delivered!!!
    Lazy B@£$%^d wouldn't go up 2 flights of stairs. Package could easily have gone walkies as its a busy office building open to the public.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

waiting on delivery on BF item, was scanned in last night 9 in the evening so must be doing overtime but even thou it says delivery today looking at track it says still travelling through dpd network , not in a van as usual and no sms message. And sort of need to get out of the house but cant now :/ , wonder is it better to switch to pickup point running up to xmas ?, even thou doing so last time they didnt bother to scan delivery in for pickup, which seems with more people using service and amounts they have to deal with some corners are being cut, just to get trough the items, in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭honda boi

Noticed the service has gotten crap lately.
    Few packages I ordered lately have always been late.
    Now I've been waiting on a package that was meant to arrive yesterday at 20:00-21:00. No contact was attempted to me. The info said they tried to contact at 22:45 which didn't happen.
    Got a notification saying it will be out for delivery today for 17:00-18:00. Still nothing .
    Fairly annoyed , used to be a great service,always on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yeah I have a package with Parcel Wizard that was supposed to be out for delivery yesterday but it's now showing as held in depot. I contacted them on Live Chat and they said they're running behind due to the port/road closures and that I should get it tomorrow or the day after.

not amazed seeing so many people using it during black friday, that theres delays, mine was delayed a day without any notification, as said before if one gets message missed delivery, it means they weren't anywhere close to you but either got delayed or redirected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Had an item purchased on ebay delivered and signed for at 6.12 am this morning (according to Royal Mail tracking) DPD website says they don't open till 9 am :confused:

No notification received yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I had one delivered by Royal Mail at 7.23am and one by Hermes at 12.51pm. One of them was scanned late this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

sunbeam wrote: »
    I had one delivered by Royal Mail at 7.23am and one by Hermes at 12.51pm. One of them was scanned late this afternoon.

Cheers was a bit concerned at how early it was signed for but they are obviously working extended hours. Hopefully will get a notification tomorrow, am sure they are snowed under ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I have never had an issue with parcel wizard.
    Always get the message when expected re delivery time and local driver tends to call within the first 5 min of the scheduled hour.
    Fantastic service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

mickdw wrote: »
    I have never had an issue with parcel wizard.
    Always get the message when expected re delivery time and local driver tends to call within the first 5 min of the scheduled hour.
    Fantastic service.
    Is this service all year round or do you not shop abroad between November and mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

Dealing with Parcel Wizard for a Long Time. Never had any Issues Yet. Always gives a Ring before Delivery.

I have to say Brilliant Service for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Are people still shocked and appalled at delivery delays & backlogs around Black Friday/Cyber Monday time of the year?

Okay....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Is this service all year round or do you not shop abroad between November and mid January.

Well got one from UK last week via parcel wizard.
    All well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Had a parcel arrive at their depot on 29 Nov @ 1pm (confirmed delivery by UPS and was signed by "Baxter" at the Parcel Wizard depot).

Haven't heard anything yet. When should I expect to receive an update?

Can't get through on their chat system.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Had a parcel arrive at their depot on 29 Nov @ 1pm (confirmed delivery by UPS and was signed by "Baxter" at the Parcel Wizard depot).

Haven't heard anything yet. When should I expect to receive an update?

Can't get through on their chat system.
    prob lost in some pile, give it a day or two and call em if its not scanned in by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

They are absolutely pulling the piss here in Mayo. Parcel arrived to North on Wednesday. Didn't deliver Thursday despite being in the van and wouldnt reschedule for Friday when I contacted them. Rescheduled for today and low and behold.... Still no effin sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

No problems or me. Parcel delivered to PW on Friday. Delivered to Wicklow today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Got a text around 7.30 saying it couldn't be delivered while i was following the van on their app which came nowhere near my house. I understand its the worst time of the year for delivery delays but jaysus schedule it and give a realistic delivery date/time rather than pissing people about

Hmm so still nothing about my package which arrived last Thursday.

Chat is down, and no-one is responding to emails. Phone calls put on hold.

Don't think it's ever been this bad before and I've ordered many items through PW during Black Friday past few years with hardly any delays.

I wager there is some trouble brewing amongst the staff.

How is Parcel Motel these days? Haven't used them for a few years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm so still nothing about my package which arrived last Thursday.

Chat is down, and no-one is responding to emails. Phone calls put on hold.

Don't think it's ever been this bad before and I've ordered many items through PW during Black Friday past few years with hardly any delays.

I wager there is some trouble brewing amongst the staff.

How is Parcel Motel these days? Haven't used them for a few years.

Worse. Have a look at their thread.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Worse. Have a look at their thread.

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have had no problems with PW these last few weeks (had more items delivered yesterday). But it has been questioned every year, why PM and PW don't employ extra staff coming into the Christmas season, as every year they seem to get more popular. They have to see their customer base growing. They must see the orders increasing. If that is not happening, how are they apparently worse this year for a service that they have been providing the past 5 years or more.

I wonder has anyone tried Parcel Connect?
    50cent more expensive, but may be less popular allowing faster deliveries. They may also be useless. I haven't heard anything about them.
    https://www.parcelconnect.ie/virtual-address/

Suckit good points i think PW has seen steady increase each year if not more. Some posts seem to indicate that maybe some regions are run poorly then again live chat is out as far as ive seen since black friday so a bit of a bummer when people need to call in burning their phone credit.

thou in my area i often see double decker trucks passing and vans in town all day long, and as far only minor inconveniences in the years ive been with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I've accessed live chat a couple of times in the past week. Just accessed it there with no delay, a couple of times I've had to stay on it and keep refreshing and then also wait for someone to show up, but never more than a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I have moved recently, & updated my address yesterday, emailed this morning & also rang support to ensure they had my new address as I am due a delivery today.

Low & behold, driver turns up at my the old address, giving out no-one was home. When I told him about the change of address,he refused to deliver, even though I'm 10mins from my old place. Either collect it from him or wait until tomorrow we're the options he gave me.

Shocking service, won't be using again.

trixiebust wrote: »
    I have moved recently, & updated my address yesterday, emailed this morning & also rang support to ensure they had my new address as I am due a delivery today.

Low & behold, driver turns up at my the old address, giving out no-one was home. When I told him about the change of address,he refused to deliver, even though I'm 10mins from my old place. Either collect it from him or wait until tomorrow we're the options he gave me.

Shocking would be that you knew order was coming in and didn't bother to change address in time, instead leaving till last minute, which creates headaches as your parcel was prob already slapped with your old address when they scanned it in up north. Which creates huge follow up just to sort such mess, id say he gave you two decent options, as he did his job delivering where it was marked to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

scamalert wrote: »
    trixiebust wrote: »

Shocking would be that you knew order was coming in and didn't bother to change address in time, instead leaving till last minute, which creates headaches as your parcel was prob already slapped with your old address when they scanned it in up north. Which creates huge follow up just to sort such mess, id say he gave you two decent options, as he did his job delivering where it was marked to.
    Nonsense. I contacted the company three times today to let them know of the situation. To have a knobknead of a driver who & was assured it would be no problem. If DPD can't pass on a simple message to a driver who refused to go 10 mins out of his way, it's not my problem, it's there's. Won't be spending any more money with them, & I've told them to send the package back to Amazon now anyway.

Advertisement