Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

trixiebust wrote: »
    Nonsense. I contacted the company three times today to let them know of the situation. To have a knobknead of a driver who & was assured it would be no problem. If DPD can't pass on a simple message to a driver who refused to go 10 mins out of his way, it's not my problem, it's there's. Won't be spending any more money with them, & I've told them to send the package back to Amazon now anyway.

You shouldn't have to contact them 3 times. Whatever address is registered on the system at the point the parcel arrives to them, is the one its delivered too.

If you had the new address entered before that point it would have went to you correctly without any need to contact them. If the driver had to go 10 minutes out of the way for each delivery, no one would get parcels.

If the sender allows the change of address, you could have redirected via the app or online for delivery the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Tails142

Total disaster this week with parcel wizard, they've had a parcel since Wednesday and still not delivered it, had texts on Thursday and today saying they would. It will be a week tomorrow which is taking the piss. Another package for me landed in with them yesterday so guess it will be a while before I get it.

I wonder if arranging for it to be left at a pick up point is any better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

trixiebust wrote: »
    Nonsense. I contacted the company three times today to let them know of the situation. To have a knobknead of a driver who & was assured it would be no problem. If DPD can't pass on a simple message to a driver who refused to go 10 mins out of his way, it's not my problem, it's there's. Won't be spending any more money with them, & I've told them to send the package back to Amazon now anyway.

Said driver has a contract with the company to only deliver to the address on the parcel. He's got strict routes, strict timings and a lot of other packages to deliver. He's simply not got the time nor the permission from his strict employer to go ten minutes out of his way to deliver a package. If every customer told him a sure it's only ten minutes extra he would never get anything delivered.

These drivers are only getting a pittance paid per delivery and if your ten minutes throws him out for the day, it means he doesn't get paid for the deliveries he didn't get to make despite the work he's done.

It's not a fair system and the pressure on these drivers to get deliveries to get paid is huge.

Give the guy a break, it's not his fault, it's the way his company is set up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Have had probably 30 parcels delivered by them the last year with very little issues. My latest one though, was supposed to be delivered last thursday. Still nothing and the limerick depot not answering the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

mrcheez wrote: »
    Had a parcel arrive at their depot on 29 Nov @ 1pm (confirmed delivery by UPS and was signed by "Baxter" at the Parcel Wizard depot).

Haven't heard anything yet. When should I expect to receive an update?

Can't get through on their chat system.

I'm the exact same delivered on the 29th at 1pm and have heard nothing since. Have been onto live chat twice and they didn't know where it was. Sent an email on Monday and they still haven't replied. First time ever having a bad experience with DPD.

Have you heard anything since??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm the exact same delivered on the 29th at 1pm and have heard nothing since. Have been onto live chat twice and they didn't know where it was. Sent an email on Monday and they still haven't replied. First time ever having a bad experience with DPD.

Have you heard anything since??

I eventually got through via their chat and was told:

"Okay sorry my apologies, Can you email your query to parcelwizard@dpd.ie, unfortunately the team are experiencing some back log which is taking longer for parcels to be matched to accounts."

"Sorry I am not in the PW team I wish I could assist you more, It will definitely be this week but if you email the team they can give you a more definite answer."

I emailed but got no response. Play the waiting game I guess. :mad:

MOD: <SNIP> Please don't start unfounded rumours.
    I've used PW for 4 years for Black Friday and never had issues before, plus communications were fine if there were any delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I eventually got through via their chat and was told:

"Okay sorry my apologies, Can you email your query to parcelwizard@dpd.ie, unfortunately the team are experiencing some back log which is taking longer for parcels to be matched to accounts."

"Sorry I am not in the PW team I wish I could assist you more, It will definitely be this week but if you email the team they can give you a more definite answer."

I emailed but got no response. Play the waiting game I guess. :mad:

In a similar situation
    Parcel delivered early Friday morning,not a word since

Emailed them on Monday (live chat guy was useless) just got a response requesting proof of delivery and signature

Fired that off to them will see what happens

Am also a long time frequent user and first time to have an issue. Dont mind it being delayed as long as I know they have it

Just been informed that my parcel couldnt have been signed for by the depot as there is no one there till 9 AM. Tracking says 6.12 AM :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

im on few threads now from bargain alert black friday deals to pc deals etc, all topics are bleeding with same messages delays,and so on. looks like this year was a bit of a cyber shopping boom, people spending more online then before.

Its def not like last year where i been able to get gifts day before xmas delivered no hassle, think this year wont be the case.

as black friday just fell straight into December rush.

• Advertisement

So after being told by PW that my package was definitely not received by them due to the time delivered and the name of the person didn't exist in their company, I received a PW notification saying they have my parcel 🙄

Moral of the story, don't listen to anyone in live chat or email they haven't a clue or are just saying anything to get shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

NATLOR wrote: »
    So after being told by PW that my package was definitely not received by them due to the time delivered and the name of the person didn't exist in their company, I received a PW notification saying they have my parcel 🙄

Moral of the story, don't listen to anyone in live chat or email they haven't a clue or are just saying anything to get shot

Could it have been delivered to Parcel Motel and then sent over to Parcel Wizard. Has happened to me twice.

Could it have been delivered to Parcel Motel and then sent over to Parcel Wizard. Has happened to me twice.

Can't rule that out I suppose but as recommended earlier in this thread I changed Newtownabbey to Mallusk in the address to stop any confusion but either way Im happy as it's a bloody expensive item

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

X2 on this, I had the same response above (Person doesnt work for us) and they suggest it may have went to PM and that they often drop packages between one another, a day or two later package showed up with PW so it seems to happen often enough aswell

Just ordered an item from Zavvi ... normally would use PW or PM... opted to pay for full delivery from Zavvi direct.

I think I'll be doing this henceforth. Certainly in the coming days.

I got the template response others are getting...

"Thank you for providing the details from UPS,

I will need a proof of delivery signature from the depot ,We have a list of the employees at depot 79 who sign for all the parcels
    Once we have this we can confirm that DPD have received your parcel.
    Your sender is obliged to provide this to you.
    can you please provide me with a description of the contents of your goods.
    I will take a look to see if anything has arrived for you in our depot that may be missing data on your parcel."

I sent them the proof of delivery as supplied from UPS, plus the contents of the parcel and received the above message AGAIN.

Looks like our parcels are going to be tied up well into Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Mine was just delivered, about a week after it's due day. Tbh I don't mind as it wasn't urgent. The driver just said they are up the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I just had a Parcel Motel delivery of PW addresed parcel. Lucky I have an account with both.
    Delivered to the wrong company by Amazon.
    Fair play to PM

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The Mulk wrote: »
    I just had a Parcel Motel delivery of PW addresed parcel. Lucky I have an account with both.
    Fair play to PM

Did you have to use the 'find my parcel' option, or did they use your name and phone number to forward to your motel location?

How many days did it take from drop off?

Davy wrote: »
    Did you have to use the 'find my parcel' option, or did they use your name and phone number to forward to your motel location?

How many days did it take from drop off?

No, I was on to Parcel Wizard looking for my lost parcel. No sign of it. I then got a text from Parcel Motel to top up my account as they had a Parcel for me.They must have used my name and mobile to link it to my Parcel Motel account. Delivered by Amazon on Monday to NI, in my Parcel Motel locker on Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Fair play to PM

What's the legality of that?
    They took in a parcel meant for somebody else and profited from it too? Assuming they charged you.

Surely you could still tell the seller that you never received it (as it never made it to the intended address).
    I had a few items went into the PM depot, but none since I switched address to mallusk.

Suckit wrote: »
    What's the legality of that?
    They took in a parcel meant for somebody else and profited from it too? Assuming they charged you.

Surely you could still tell seller that you never received it (as it never made it to the intended address).

I had a few items went into the PM depot, but none since I switched address to mallusk.

I'm just happy I got it.(Large gift). PW are still looking for it, I'll have to let them know. PM did charge me, and I wasn't notified or asked for permission to process it before it was in the Dublin depot.

I'm just happy I got it.(Large gift). PW are still looking for it, I'll have to let them know. PM did charge me, and I wasn't notified or asked for permission to process it before it was in the Dublin depot.

I'd be happy too :)

Just wondering what the legality of it is. Probably wouldn't apply here anyway, but I remember in the early days of PW a few parcels going in to PM and they denied it or held on to them until there was a load of people complaining.

I guess it would be like your neighbour taking the parcel and giving it to you, or would it?

Seeing as it was meant for PW, but you were the final destination anyway. :confused:

Had a parcel arrive at their depot on 29 Nov @ 1pm (confirmed delivery by UPS and was signed by "Baxter" at the Parcel Wizard depot).

Haven't heard anything yet. When should I expect to receive an update?

Can't get through on their chat system.

Parcel Wizard finally got back to me saying that no one named "Baxter" works there (despite it being signed for by a person with that name).

I'm thinking it may have ended up next door at Parcel Motel instead so I'll contact them.

Also do I contact the original seller, or UPS about me not having received the parcel?
    I'm thinking UPS since as far as the seller is concerned it was delivered?

EDIT: I'll just contact both, see what happens

Also do I contact the original seller, or UPS about me not having received the parcel?
    I'm thinking UPS since as far as the seller is concerned it was delivered?

EDIT: I'll just contact both, see what happens

Original seller will contact UPS anyway.
    If using PW again, change "Newtownabbey" to "Mallusk" on the address. It seems to stop them accidentally delivering to PM.

Got my signed Proof of Delivery from UPS this morning showing ..... "PARCELMOTEL"

Bingo ...

Had something delivered by Hermes on Saturday.....not heard a thing. Starting to get a teeny bit worried. Had 4 other parcels that arrived during last week turn up the following day. Anybody in the same boat? (Misery loves company don'tcha know!)

just got the email saying it's on the way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

Had something delivered by Hermes on Saturday.....not heard a thing. Starting to get a teeny bit worried. Had 4 other parcels that arrived during last week turn up the following day. Anybody in the same boat? (Misery loves company don'tcha know!)

just got the email saying it's on the way! :D

I had an item delivered to their newtownabbey base on the 30th Nov,and still no word on when it's gonna be delivered,prior to that I'd an eBay item delivered to their base on the 24th Oct and didn't receive it till 19th November,both items had Royal mail tracking,yet when I told dpd live chat this I was constantly told im sorry we have no record of this tracking number,feel I've no option but to revert back to PM,as this is getting out of hand

Suckit wrote: »
    Original seller will contact UPS anyway.
    If using PW again, change "Newtownabbey" to "Mallusk" on the address. It seems to stop them accidentally delivering to PM.

I didn't realise how close Parcel Wizard is to Parcel Motel ... both are in Mallusk so not sure how adding Mallusk would make it clearer to UPS.

Who's bright idea was it to use "Parcel" in the name and locate literally across a street from their competitor?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/DPD+Ireland+Antrim+Depot+79/@54.6788172,-5.9990282,16z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xab4feeaf4ea0a075!2sNightline+(Parcel+Motel)!8m2!3d54.6769457!4d-5.9964274!3m4!1s0x4861a87ff1507c8f:0xbead9feb86dafbc4!8m2!3d54.6803103!4d-5.9994847

• Advertisement

I didn't realise how close Parcel Wizard is to Parcel Motel ... both are in Mallusk so not sure how adding Mallusk would make it clearer to UPS.
    Changing Newtownabbey to Mallusk definitely seems to make a difference.

Advertisement