Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on cooling

Options
  • 03-11-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

So im back for more help...

Looking to get a new cooler for my build, have a stock intel one at the minute, but not liking how loud it is. Ive got an i5 3470 on an AS Rock B75M-GL R2.0 mobo. Im really intrigued to water-cooling, even something as simple as a Corsair H55 which ive been looking at for ages. I know the processor isn't overclockable and theres probably no need for the H55, but I hate huge CPU fans and I really like the look of the H55 even if its only a small setup.

Do yous think im wasting my money altogether, even if I do plan on upgrading to an overclockable CPU close to after christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Personally I would say any AIO cooler is a waste but if you want quiet and not big and bulky only way to go really. There are some good air coolers that would be fairly quiet but will be fairly big too. So it's really personal preference if the look is the most important spend the extra if your more worried about it being quiet but don't want to spend too much then get a decent air cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Yeah thats the main thing turning me off the likes of the 212 Evo and so on, and not to mention itll be a squeeze in my case!

Advertisement