Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate R132/R126/M1 Junction + cyclists?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I would have thought ,that motorways are built to provide a quicker,more efficient transport link between major centre's of population than the old legacy national route's,main road's etc.
    The M50 would be brilliant if it had no entrances or exits for the likes of Ballymun Blanch , Tallaght etc.
    Remember Kinegad ,Santry to Swords before the M1 ,the daily crash's at Blakes Cross, some times 3/4 hours from City Centre to Lusk.
    Look at the M1 , 1 slip road north bound and 1 south bound at Swords added as an after thought.
    There should have at 2 more full inter changes at Swords at Montgorry/Waterside and Seatown south.The Lisenhall interchange is in no mans land all green fields . as is the next junction at Courtlough ,mmm more green field's ,the next junction at Delahasey,guess more lovely green field's, make ye think now wou't it,all that lovely development land.
    NCD's lost major road link the old Naul road,because Ray's crowd,I mean Aer Rianta(now DAA) refused to put a tunnel under the then new runway 10/28.
    The R108 Ballymun/Naul should have been the M2 serving the City and County,this would have provided Swords with the badly needed western access/bypass it needs.
    As it is, the medieval donkey track that is the R125 still links Swords and Ashbourne and many a life has been claimed by that road.
    Ye could go on all day , the M1 was put in place to serve the interest's of the K Club Click during the Septic Tiger day's,you only have to look at the Port tunnel , half the rail track's in the country at one end and an Airport at the other end-- do we need to link these lad's , God No , that's common sense ,any way people might use it.
    In any case it took over 20 years and over a Billion euros to bring the M50 to the standard that Dubliner's say it should have been built too in the first place.
    30 years on and there still messing around with linking the Dublin/Belfast rail line via Swords ,Airport,Ballymun and the Broadstone/Sligo rail line at Finglas.
    If it had been built when first proposed , 10 million punt's I think was the proposed cost, now it's probably 2 Billion and will probably go via the Isle of Man route.
    When you look at the billions spent on the country's road's(and they may be the most expensively built in the world), great strives have been made , and countless lives saved,all I'm saying is, that in comparison the amount spent on cycle ways ,pedestrian's etc , it's a pittance compared to what the vested interest's concerned with the roads got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

dslamjack wrote: »
    I would have thought ,that motorways are built to provide a quicker,more efficient transport link between major centre's of population than the old legacy national route's,main road's etc.
    The M50 would be brilliant if it had no entrances or exits for the likes of Ballymun Blanch , Tallaght etc.
    Look at the M1 , 1 slip road north bound and 1 south bound at Swords added as an after thought.
    I can't see how you are serious about the above i.e no motorway junction to the N81 or N3 let alone connections to Tallaght D15 Ballymun
    and looking for 2 more (on top of the 2.5 existing junctions off the M1) to Swords
    There should have at 2 more full inter changes at Swords at Montgorry/Waterside and Seatown south.

The Lisenhall interchange is in no mans land all green fields . as is the next junction at Courtlough ,mmm more green field's ,the next junction at Delahasey,guess more lovely green field's, make ye think now wou't it,all that lovely development land.
    Lissenhall serves Applewood, Donabate, Portrane, Lusk, Rush Skerries
    Where would you fit a road to Belfast?

Advertisement