Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs and restaurants open on January 1st

Options
  • 03-11-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I'll be in Dublin on the evening of January 1st, as I'm getting an early flight out of Dublin the next morning. As I haven't lived in Ireland in years, I'm not sure how things work anymore.

Would there be (any/some/most/all) pubs open that evening ? Same with restaurants.

Not asking for any specific recommendations, just wondering if there's anything open in the city centre.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The only day that the pubs must close is Christmas Day. A small number will also close on St. Stephen's Day but outside of that I think normal working hours resume on 27th December and would have regular opening hours on New Year's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Cheers for that! And I shouldn't have too much trouble getting a seat anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

New Year's Day can be weird when it comes to food. I remember finding it quite hard to get a meal in Ranelagh 2-3 years ago. City centre will probably offer more options, but I wouldn't be surprised if many restaurants were shut.

Advertisement