Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2015 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

• 03-11-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭

CSaw59JWsAEOjyF.jpg

Confirmed:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Seth Rollins (C) vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Divas Championship Match
    Charlotte (C) vs. Paige

Also Likely:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze
    Taker/Kane vs. Wyatt Family
    Del Rio vs. Swagger
    Ambrose vs. Owens

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Calling it now tournament will be 8 men and will feature,

Owens vs ambrose
    Swagger vs del Rio
    Ziggler vs Breeze
    Reigns vs Big Show

And Kane/Taker vs Wyatt Family will also be on the ppv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sting to tag with taker/Kane vs the Wyatt's (hopefully)

If it's a fatal four way for the title I'd go with reigns, Ambrose, Orton and a returing Cena with Cena winning and then sheamus cashing in

Would love Daniel Bryan to return and win the title

Seth to come back stronger next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Heartbreaking news about Rollins :(:(:(

In other news Brackets have been released for the tournament at Survivor Series....

12188971_10207650069987850_4449841077543654038_n.jpg?oh=47903683901f7143fbbc715c756e091a&oe=56F5B1BB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A tournament so soon after the no 1 contenders tournament needs to be different.

It would make sense for Triple H to be in there, a call up like Balor, maybe a returning star as well as the obvious candidates who were in the final fatal four way plus Ambrose.

Overall I hope they go with in house people now, returns like the Dudleys or Batista have not worked out well. They need to be putting faith in and building up Reigns, Ambrose, Owens etc.

Overall i think Reigns v Brock with roles reversed would be perfect for this years mania.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think if the tournament is 8-man then the NXT Champion should definitely be in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Loughc wrote: »
    Calling it now tournament will be 8 men and will feature,

Owens vs ambrose
    Swagger vs del Rio
    Ziggler vs Breeze
    Reigns vs Big Show

And Kane/Taker vs Wyatt Family will also be on the ppv

But Reigns can't fight Show in the first match, or how will he face him in the main event? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Shame for Rollins but I love tournaments.

Rollins gets to say he was never beaten and Reigns gets to be messed about again when near the title. Number one contender for a tournament. Hooray! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Whatever's I'd book to get Roman Reigns over:

Have Triple H enter and beat two crowd favorites such as Neville and Cesaro clean in five minutes each. By the time he comes out to fight Reigns the crowd will be livid and will cheer for Reigns winning the belt.

Plus Cesaro and Neville would get lots of support in the weeks following.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think since Barrett won the king of the ring tournament, he should get the title by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Whatever's I'd book to get Roman Reigns over:

Have Triple H enter and beat two crowd favorites such as Neville and Cesaro clean in five minutes each. By the time he comes out to fight Reigns the crowd will be livid and will cheer for Reigns winning the belt.

Plus Cesaro and Neville would get lots of support in the weeks following.

That could go the same way as the Royal Rumble though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

They should just pay Lesnar whatever he wants to return early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really sickened Wyatt is tied up with the Taker/Kane stuff.

For ages now I've been waiting for him to crack through into the title picture. Throw the title on him and wade in behind the Wyatt famiy. Would love to see them get a Ministry of Darkness like run.

Think Bray et el ooze talent and would really make for a great run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Really sickened Wyatt is tied up with the Taker/Kane stuff.

For ages now I've been waiting for him to crack through into the title picture. Throw the title on him and wade in behind the Wyatt famiy. Would love to see them get a Ministry of Darkness like run.

Think Bray et el ooze talent and would really make for a great run.

While I agree Windham Rotunda (The guy who play Bray) is a fantastic talent, A Bray Wyatt title run would make me tune out. While hes fantastic on the mic in terms of speaking and delivery, the material he uses and the staleness of his character in my eyes just turn me off.

Id would have loved to see Brays charcter actually develop and progress in the last 2 years, but its the same rambling, nonsencical promos week in week out and its just bores the hell out of me. Id love to see Bray be repackaged myself.

That said, Id say he and Taker could easily be involved in this title tournie.

beakerjoe wrote: »

That said, Id say he and Taker could easily be involved in this title tournie.

Any murmurs that Taker might be the guy to get the strap in the actual tourney? All the promos are pretty much painted with the fact it's his 25th anniversary. Sounds like an actually romance yet very believable thing they could go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I knows it's twenty five years but I had assumed that it wasn't exactly 25 years. It's twenty five years on the button. He debuted at survivor series 1990 which was held on 22nd of November 1990 and this years one is the same date. Madness,

Could be something for a completely different thread but that figure of 25 years. It's utterly phenomenal. Talk about transcending eras:eek: When you look at the card, 90% of the guys didn't get themselves or their characters passed the Hulkamania period let alone stay relevant for pretty much the entire history of modern WWE.

Survivor Series 1990
    The Warriors (The Ultimate Warrior, The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal), and The Texas Tornado) defeated The Perfect Team (Mr. Perfect and Demolition (Ax, Smash, and Crush)) (with Bobby Heenan and Mr. Fuji)

The Million Dollar Team (Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker, and Rhythm and Blues (The Honky Tonk Man and Greg Valentine)) (with Virgil, Jimmy Hart, and Brother Love) defeated The Dream Team (Dusty Rhodes, Koko B. Ware, and The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart))

The Visionaries (Rick Martel, The Warlord, and Power and Glory (Hercules and Paul Roma)) (with Slick) defeated The Vipers (Jake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, and The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty))

The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Jim Duggan, Big Boss Man, and Tugboat) defeated The Natural Disasters (Earthquake, Haku, Dino Bravo, and The Barbarian) (with Jimmy Hart and Bobby Heenan)

The Alliance (Nikolai Volkoff, Tito Santana, and The Bushwhackers (Bushwhacker Luke and Bushwhacker Butch) defeated The Mercenaries (Sgt. Slaughter, Boris Zhukov, and The Orient Express (Sato and Tanaka) (with Mr. Fuji and General Adnan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't know about any of you but all those guys on that card are instantly rememberable to me and some of them went on to become massive names

Warrior, HBK, Bret Hart, LOD, Mr. Perfect, Demolition, Jimmy Snuka , Earthquake , Dusty Rhodes, Boss Man , Hacksaw all massive names that will live on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

What's weird is I stopped watching WWF somewhere around 1994, then started again around 1999. Undertaker was injured at the time, and I recognized nobody on the roster. Then the Undertaker came back and he was the only guy on the roster that had been around when I watched previously. The roster had completely changed in 5 years.

By that time WCW much more closely resembled the WWF I remembered in 1994, but I wasn't watching WCW so I didn't really know.

Actually, just checked and Bossman and Bulldog who had left in the meantime, had both come back but were mostly card openers at that stage. And 1-2-3 Kid was back as X-Pac. But Undertaker was the only one who hadn't left in the meantime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Am I right in thinking that even though it takes place on Sunday that no traditional 5 on 5 Survivor Series matches have been put on the card yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that even though it takes place on Sunday that no traditional 5 on 5 Survivor Series matches have been put on the card yet?

Welcome to the WWE random hour. Featuring to be announced and ??? And silhouette man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wouldnt suprise me if they had a team del rio vs swagger or something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

ricero wrote: »
    Wouldnt suprise me if they had a team del rio vs swagger or something

And that they announce it on wwe.com on Sunday afternoon.

For the pre show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not impressed with the build for this show. This had the potential to be one of the biggest shows of the year: the guarantee of a new WWE Champion, a Brothers of Destruction reunion, and you could have thrown in a traditional 5-on-5 elimination match to make it even more epic.

Instead the main storylines seem flat and it looks like we wont get a decent elimination match this year.

I hope they have some creative ideas in store for Mania season because they aren't producing anything noteworthy at the moment.

Not sure if I'm allowed post this but this has been coming up as an ad before I watch Youtube vids. It is a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The card so far:-

The Undertaker and Kane vs 2 Members of The Wyatt Family

WWE Divas Championship Match:

Charlotte (c) vs Paige

WWE World Title Tournament Semifinals:

Roman Reigns vs Alberto Del Rio

Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens

WWE World Title Tournament Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Updated card after Smackdown :

WWE World Heavyweight Title Tournament Finals:
    Roman Reigns or Alberto Del Rio vs. Kevin Owens or Dean Ambrose

WWE World Heavyweight Title Tournament Semifinals:
    Roman Reigns vs. Alberto Del Rio

Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose

WWE Divas Title Match:
    Charlotte vs. Paige

The Undertaker and Kane vs. Wyatt Family

possibly New Day v Lucha Dragons and Cesaro v Stardust added too considering Smackdown.

WWE.com have announced there will be a traditional 5 vs 5 Match but have yet to announce the participants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    WWE.com have announced there will be a traditional 5 vs 5 Match but have yet to announce the participants.

My guess is it'll be something like...

New Day, Stardust and Tyler Breeze vs Usos, Ryback, Cesaro and Ziggler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Updated card after Smackdown :

WWE World Heavyweight Title Tournament Finals:
    Roman Reigns or Alberto Del Rio vs. Kevin Owens or Dean Ambrose

Roman Reigns vs. Alberto Del Rio

Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose

WWE Divas Title Match:
    Charlotte vs. Paige

The Undertaker and Kane vs. Wyatt Family

possibly New Day v Lucha Dragons and Cesaro v Stardust added too considering Smackdown.

My as well be an episode of Raw

SS was always one of my fav pps, loved the traditional 5 on 5 elimination matches, surprising team mates and to see if all the faces or heels could work together as a team etc.,

Any chance of NXT invasion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement