Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which iPhone 6s Plus Model do Three Offer

Options
  • 03-11-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

As it says in the title folks, anyone know the specific model number of the iPhone 6 s Plus 3 offer, asking for a non-techy friend who travels widely and wants to check the supported bands.

Can anyone confirm it's the a1634?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bluefrog wrote: »
    As it says in the title folks, anyone know the specific model number of the iPhone 6 s Plus 3 offer, asking for a non-techy friend who travels widely and wants to check the supported bands.

Can anyone confirm it's the a1634?

Try the Three forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Tweeted to them and got asked for my account details - not really a very useful response - figured someone here might have the phone and be able to check for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The only difference in the phones is LTE Band 30 so it shouldn't really matter.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2991494/carriers/new-iphones-use-lte-on-any-american-carrier-despite-the-way-theyre-listed.html

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Globetrotters-the-iPhone-6s-supports-record-LTE-bands-count-regardless-of-the-model_id73671

Also, if your friend is non-techy how do they even know about LTE bands or are you just complicating matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

tallpaul wrote: »
    Also, if your friend is non-techy how do they even know about LTE bands or are you just complicating matters?

They know because they were in Asia when they bought a Samsung s6 that only supports some TD LTE bands and a range of incompatible UMTS bands for Ireland and came to me to ask if I knew why their phone wasn't working on anything but 2g here.

Simply trying to make the process of getting a phone usable in both places an informed one rather than them again ending up with a phone that doesn't suit their needs - I use Android myself so light in iPhone knowledge. We both thought it wise to compare supported bands on the Galaxy s6 with the ones on the iPhone to ensure maximum compatibility, particularly as there is so much conflicting information on the TD LTE bands used in the locations required and in the specs for the Samsung - firming up those specs was not easy and it took 6 tweets to wrestle the model info from Three. Thanks for your apparent skeptisim on the techinesss of my friend though. I hope this explanation meets your question standards.

Incidentally, in my interactions with Three, they did hint that there could be problems trying to use a US iPhone on Irish bands, this could be interpreted as deliberate misinfo for the less technical given the difference in pricing of handsets between here and the US. The sim-free version sold in the US Apple stores will work without issue here.

For everyone else, I can confirm it's the a1634 Three offer

Advertisement