Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake Pricing Spreadsheet

Options
  • 03-11-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm considering starting a small cake/cake pop business, initially from the home. Its very early stages so I'd like to have all the costings & prices, ingredient breakdowns etc on a spreadsheet that's interchangeable for various orders before I even consider getting started.

I know its a long shot but I was wondering if anyone here had something like that, a template maybe, that I use could use or build on?

I'm completely self taught so I don't have the business know how...... I wonder if I asked around some cake businesses or would that be a terrible idea, a cardinal sin?

I found some spreadsheets over on CakeCentral, one called the Pricing Matrix and the other called Alison's Matrix, but they're all American measurements & prices etc....and seem VERY complicated.

any help would be appreciated and sorry if this is all a bit vague

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hey RedPixie

There is a group on Facebook for Irish Cake Decorators and I'm sure I've seen pricing guides on there in the past. If you post the question there someone may be able to point you in the direction of the pricing guide

https://www.facebook.com/groups/110149789030439/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RedPixie4

Thanks a million RacoonQueen, i'll check that out.

Advertisement