Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which screen is best in Showtime Cinema, Ennis Road

• 03-11-2015 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going to see Spectre in Showtime Cinema, Ennis Road. There are several showings at different times on different screens.

Are some screens better than others, before I decide which one to pick, or are they all more or less the same quality?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Screen 2 is a great screen. Probably the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Went o see it there in screen 4 on Sunday, a good view but my arse was in bits afterwards. Never sat in a more uncomfortable seat, the Lime Tree comes a close second but this cinema is the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Most uncomfortable cinema seats in Ireland. The seat part isn't big enough so it's difficult to get comfortable. I avoid Showtime for that reason...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Screen 2 is their best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Maxx screen in the Omniplex is my screen of choice for the big movie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Their luxury screen is far from luxury and not worth an extra 2.50 at all. Some of their screens have seats that would leave you walking with a stoop afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya avoid the LUX screen at all costs. Bigger seats but awfully hard and extremely noisy.

I haven't been in the omniplex in a long while so can't really comment on seats there but the worst I found were odeon. My legs where so cramped due to lack of space it was nearly unbearable by the end of the last movie I saw there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Well, just home from Spectre - enjoyable enough - cinema was slightly chilly, seats weren't that great...too short for my liking and my seat was a bit squeaky. Otherwise not too bad an experience in light of the movie runtime of 150 mins.

Advertisement