Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin ferry

• 03-11-2015 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Was planning on going to Inisheer via a ferry from Doolin one of these days but it seems the ferries shut up shop at the end of October ? Alternative is now the long way round via the ferry from Rossaveel it seems? Is there even a reduced / limited service from Doolin over the winter months ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Was planning on going to Inisheer via a ferry from Doolin one of these days but it seems the ferries shut up shop at the end of October ? Alternative is now the long way round via the ferry from Rossaveel it seems? Is there even a reduced / limited service from Doolin over the winter months ?

I doubt it. The only ferry operating is Rossaveel as it is government subsided so operates in winter. No tourists to Inisheer in winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

No ferries from Doolin til March, finished last week unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

elastico wrote: »
    I doubt it. The only ferry operating is Rossaveel as it is government subsided so operates in winter. No tourists to Inisheer in winter.

do they ask before you board? could you not chance your arm and just say i'm visiting a relative?

philstar wrote: »
    do they ask before you board? could you not chance your arm and just say i'm visiting a relative?

There is no ferry because there is no demand from tourists to go to Inisheer in the winter to make running a ferry profitable, that's what I meant!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^^

but how about the natives how do they get back and forth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 toughtofind

Well, so far as I know they swim ...:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

^^^^^^^^^^^

A lot of the islanders mightn't leave the islands from 1 year to the next, but in the event that someone does want to get off then there's private boats, fishing boats, Garda/Navy boats or the lifeboats, there'd be a fair bit of traffic the whole time.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Daily ferry to Rossaveel for the natives. Just nothing from Doolin in the winter. Which is what the OP asked.

Advertisement