Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has synchronicity worked for you in your life?

• 03-11-2015 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I bought the book Conversations With The Universe two years ago and have tried to read it a few times since but I suppose I wasn't ready or receptive. I picked it up again over the weekend and although it's fairly dense reading, I'm finding it fascinating. I have often noticed coincidences and signs etc and although I would file them away mentally, knowing that they have some significance, I never really go back to try and figure them out. Does anyone else tuned into synchronicity and how has it worked for you? How much time do you give it in your daily life, ie are you always aware and on the lookout for signs or do you only take notice when you are actively looking for guidance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hi there
    I've seen loads of synchronism in my life for the last few years. Some of it makes perfect sense to me, other times I'm left baffled.
    Sometimes the synchronisities have heralded people or events in my life.

At the moment I'm being 'bombarded' with a particular name and I'm curious to see what it means.

If you're seeing lots of signs, a tip I read was to only pay attention if you see at least 3 occurrences of the sign.
    I would love to have a more clear cut view of these signs but I suppose all the deciphering makes it more interesting!

Was supposed to add - maybe keep a record when you see particular signs - and also write down what you think it could mean.
    You could just use a file on your smartphone.
    Otherwise you will forget.

It's quite revealing looking back on the signs and realising what the Universe is telling you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I think that trying to decipher the messages is interesting too and it is amazing when you look back and see what the universe was trying to tell you but not much good if the time has passed and you have missed the point of the signs! :D I believe that sometimes, noticing a certain random word or thing repeatedly is the universes way of trying to pull us into the present and be more mindful and aware of our surroundings.

Funnily enough, a few days after I posted this thread, a close relative died unexpectedly and since then, I have been seeing and hearing a certain musicias name everywhere. The musician is long dead and fairly obscure and I'm not into the type of music he performed so wouldn't be listening to anything where his stuff would be played. The thing is, the person who died wouldn't have been into him either :confused: So have no idea what it means but am taking it as some sort of sign from the deceased as any time I ask for a sign, this musician appears on tv or radio.

I will definitely have to start a notebook, I tried using my smartphone but I kept forgetting. Perhaps if I have a dedicated notebook, it will be easier to remember to write in it :)

Funnily enough, a few days after I posted this thread, a close relative died unexpectedly and since then, I have been seeing and hearing a certain musicias name everywhere. The musician is long dead and fairly obscure and I'm not into the type of music he performed so wouldn't be listening to anything where his stuff would be played.

I'm sorry about your relative OP. Perhaps your relative is trying to tell you something in the lyrics of the songs? Maybe?

I was really into reiki a good many years ago and into spiritual stuff. I felt like I was becoming aware of the extra-sensory world. For some reason I stopped practising.
    A few years ago I got really into the Beatles and was drawn to George Harrison in particular. I suppose it was because he was very spiritual and just reading about him made me want to go back onto MY spiritual path.
    I always felt there was a particular reason why I got into the Beatles (not just reading about them but going to Liverpool and other Beatles festivals, etc) and I think it was to bring me back onto the path I'm on.

Maybe the particular musician has something to say to you (not literally!) but maybe there is something about them/their lyrics that might resonate with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Xenophile

How has synchronicity worked for you in your life?

Synchronicity is a question of being in touch with your intuition, either consciously or unconsciously!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I believe it worked better in periods of life when I was more in touch with myself and followed the inner path.. But unfortunately I lost that in last years and sometimes I feel as if things tend to connect in negativity (lots of negative events happened to e in a short period of time one after another).

However I am hoping that even those events will show some positive results after I overcome all the influence those left in me.

I came across this article about signs that I thought was interesting - it just gives examples of signs and how you can react to them.

https://www.livealifeyoulove.com/universe-responds-within-hours-listening/

What I've noticed happening to me an awful lot, is I'll be thinking of (or saying/writing) a word and I'll hear it on the radio the exact moment I'm thinking of it!
    Not sure what exactly that means, maybe that I'm in tune with things?

Advertisement