Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certified Scrum Master

Options
  • 03-11-2015 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone completed this course and passed the exam?

Any feedback - is it worth doing, much study involved to pass and cheapest way to become qualified?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You don't have to do a course you can just do the exam online for $150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Stheno wrote: »
    You don't have to do a course you can just do the exam online for $150

Any idea where I can book the exam? The Scrum alliance site seems to suggest you must do the 2 day course, I'd rather not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did you try scrum.org?

I can check for you later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Exin do it. Its online and can be done from anywhere. Its also open book which helps.
    I did it a few years ago and did the course through the ICT skillnet. Its worth doing it as there are practical sessions which make sense of the theory.
    Scrum product manager requires the course but has no exam.

Did you try scrum.org?

I can check for you later

Just checked there, they seem to offer a PSM 1 and PSM 2 exam online but I'm unsure of the difference between that and the CSM the scrum alliance offer?

• Advertisement

No difference that I am aware there is no central scrum master certification so they compete

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sozbox wrote: »
    Just checked there, they seem to offer a PSM 1 and PSM 2 exam online but I'm unsure of the difference between that and the CSM the scrum alliance offer?

Two different companies, which is better depends on who you ask

I have both, self studied the psm in a few days. I woukd start with that if I were you. You need to do a course (which is pricey) for the csm

No difference that I am aware there is no central scrum master certification so they compete
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Two different companies, which is better depends on who you ask

I have both, self studied the psm in a few days. I woukd start with that if I were you. You need to do a course (which is pricey) for the csm

Yeah the course pre-req is what's putting me off the CSM, don't have a grand handy either. Cheers, I'll check out the PSM one, looks like the way to go.

sozbox wrote: »
    Yeah the course pre-req is what's putting me off the CSM, don't have a grand handy either. Cheers, I'll check out the PSM one, looks like the way to go.

Be warned the Pam failure rate is high from talking to people who took it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Advertisement
Advertisement