Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best GPS watch for duathlons and training

Options
  • 03-11-2015 9:02pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggest, I'm looking for a decent replacement for my trusty but aging Garmin 405. Am looking for one with a HRM built-in to the wrist rather than a separate chest strap, so the TomTom Cardio Multisport or the Garmin 225 seem to be the sort of watches available.

Trouble is I can't find out how good they are in terms of using them on a duathlon. My current 405 is ok but I can't quickly change mode from run to cycle to run again, and I'd like to be able to do that (preprogramming the watch if possible so I could just lap between activities).

Anyone got any pointers/recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Obviously with an optical sensor for hr to be used on the bike it has to be worn on your wrist.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yes I know, should have clarified, I'm interest primarily in the HRM for running, and I don't like chest straps. I can get a chest HRM for those watches separately anyway AFAIK (certainly the TomTom has that option) if I ever want that.

Advertisement