Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumpster Diving?

Options
  • 03-11-2015 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anybody have any idea where and when to dumpster dive in Wexford for video game stuffs? Really looking for anything from places such as GameStop and Cex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just when you thought you seen it all on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I found a working SNES with pad, power cable + Super Mario World in a dumpster (recycling depot).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is this the Sequel to "Do you shower with your Dad?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Anyone else think this was going to be a new low in gaming?
    Turns out it's just a new low in general :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Anybody have any idea where and when to dumpster dive in Wexford for video game stuffs? Really looking for anything from places such as GameStop and Cex

Apart from the fact that it's likely their bins will be either locked or in private property, it's unlikely that you'll find anything good in them.

All broken electronics will be in a WEEE bin inside the shop because AFAIK they have to be sent back to the warehouse for stock control reasons, and any games would also be sent back to the warehouse.

Your best bet would be the WEEE bins in recycling centres, where you'll get stuff that people don't want anymore.

I got plenty of PS3/Xbox360s +controllers from there, and a few PS2 games.

Obviously, most of the stuff is in awful condition, but you find a few gems among the turds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Its not really though, gamestop and other retailers throw out good stuff the whole time. Ive known people who worked for gamestop in particular. The problem you will face though is that for some reason the make any hardware unuseable before disposing of it. So disks will be scratched and cables cut. Ya never know though ya could get lucky, tis a lot of effort though for something that will be inevitably outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Don't think it's worth risking a tetanus shot just for an empty DS box.

Open a Steam account instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

...and download Dumpster Diving Simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Skerries wrote: »
    ...and download Dumpster Diving Simulator

I actually assumed valve had brought out a dumpster diving simulator when I saw the thread title. You could could find steam items and that. Hats etc.

Advertisement