Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap 12 g clay cartridges

Options
  • 03-11-2015 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi,

just looking for some advice

any suggestions where i can buy some cheap cartridges for clays

the cheapest i have found were some eley olympic blues 28g 7.5 at 52 euro/250 in sligo at barton smiths sports

thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Cartridges have little mark up. Most dealers will have the same price within a Euro or two per 250. Some dealers will try and milk it and ask for outrageous prices, but the majority will be in and around the same. Meaning you'd save a couple of Euro per thousand so traveling may not be worth while.

I like the Eley Olympics. Some don't, but i do. They are a decent cartridge and a decent price. Granted they have slowly crept up over the last few years, and today you'd pay the same for them as i used to pay for the Eley Superb. I've tried GB Velocity, and some others and between hard primers and misfires i went back to Eley each time.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ciefrimescu

hi cass

Thank you for answering. I have seen that the prices are quite similar and is difficult to save more than few euro on a slab. The reason i came up with the thread was beacause i have seen in the used shells boxes in the range where i am shooting a few different brands of cartridges that you can not really find in the irish shops, or at least i have not seen them. One of these brands is tunet _ french made, another one is saga. so i have assumned that it may be a wild cheaper brand or maybe somethi g cheaper brought from abroad.

Cheers,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you want a good selection of clay cartridges try to look for shops on or near clay ranges. Mourne shooting in Monaghan, Lakelands in Mullingar, Courtlough in Dublin, etc. As these deal with clays they usually have a larger selection and sometimes (not always) can provide better prices due to the volume they buy in.

Saga i have used. Not a bad cartridge, but not remarkably cheaper than Eley. Other brands such as GB, Hull, RC, etc. can all be gotten from the above. Or used to be anyway. Been a while since i bought in bulk.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement