Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several unresolved issues. Most incompetent 'customer service' in Ireland

Options
  • 03-11-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

You may have re-branded recently but your customer service is a disgrace. I've tried everything to get several issues with my dad's account sorted since early September. There is no doubt as to why you're regarded as having the worst customer service in Ireland... http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/eircom-customer-service-2145168-Jun2015/. It's a bad state of affairs when you're own staff are commenting on the Journal as to how bad a company you are.

Between my parents and I we've tried calling you over 20 times. Each time you get speaking to someone different and not one person we spoke to took any responsibility for getting the issues sorted. Not one person took responsibility by acknowledging 'Eir's' complete failure since my parents signed up for an eVision package in early September. So over 20 phone calls and each time we have to relay the issues over and over because they weren't logged in the system or you're not talking to the right department. Every person you speak to on the phone is like a separate company. "That's not our fault, you'll have to speak to the other department"...."the technical support team don't actually work for Eircom so they shouldn't have given you that information"....were just some of the lines I heard over the past few months. 

I've sent a letter to your complaints department last month. No response. Then I rang on Friday last and spoke with Neil who told me that Eir's complaints department don't actually reply to letters, they only log them. I then rang back and asked to speak to a manager, only to be hung up on. You won't solve our issues but you'll continue to take €110 a month from my Dad's account.

I've tried contacting you via Facebook. Nothing doing there either. Again no one taking responsibility. Oh my mum got an email yesterday informing her that the issue was closed and how would she rate the customer service. Did anyone from Eir pick up the phone to speak with either my parents or I? No.

That is why I've to resort to contacting you via boards.ie, where you have to act in a professional manner and be nice to your customers. If you don't then we might as well give up all hope.

I want acknowledgement and a detailed reply to my detailed letter that I sent in on October 16th. And I also want a call from a manager. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

You may have re-branded recently but your customer service is a disgrace. I've tried everything to get several issues with my dad's account sorted since early September. There is no doubt as to why you're regarded as having the worst customer service in Ireland... http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/eircom-customer-service-2145168-Jun2015/. It's a bad state of affairs when you're own staff are commenting on the Journal as to how bad a company you are.

Between my parents and I we've tried calling you over 20 times. Each time you get speaking to someone different and not one person we spoke to took any responsibility for getting the issues sorted. Not one person took responsibility by acknowledging 'Eir's' complete failure since my parents signed up for an eVision package in early September. So over 20 phone calls and each time we have to relay the issues over and over because they weren't logged in the system or you're not talking to the right department. Every person you speak to on the phone is like a separate company. "That's not our fault, you'll have to speak to the other department"...."the technical support team don't actually work for Eircom so they shouldn't have given you that information"....were just some of the lines I heard over the past few months. 

I've sent a letter to your complaints department last month. No response. Then I rang on Friday last and spoke with Neil who told me that Eir's complaints department don't actually reply to letters, they only log them. I then rang back and asked to speak to a manager, only to be hung up on. You won't solve our issues but you'll continue to take €110 a month from my Dad's account.

I've tried contacting you via Facebook. Nothing doing there either. Again no one taking responsibility. Oh my mum got an email yesterday informing her that the issue was closed and how would she rate the customer service. Did anyone from Eir pick up the phone to speak with either my parents or I? No.

That is why I've to resort to contacting you via boards.ie, where you have to act in a professional manner and be nice to your customers. If you don't then we might as well give up all hope.

I want acknowledgement and a detailed reply to my detailed letter that I sent in on October 16th. And I also want a call from a manager. 
    Hi Lostinspace

It's clear to see that sincere apologies for your negative experience with eir customer care are clearly in order here.

I will be happy to offer my assistance in investigating the issues with your parents account should you PM me the account number and a relevant contact number for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lostinspace

Alan,

I've PMd you my ac number and phone. I want a manager to read the letter that I wrote and I want a phone call after 6pm. Not today. Monday evening next week.

Will you get a manager to phone me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I agree the customers service is nothing short of a disgrace. I was with meteor and signed up ti EIRCOM in the meteor shop, Eircom dont want to know because the contract was signed in meteor and meteor dont want to know as I am with EIRCOM (EIR).

Absolute shame of a company, so many issues its not even funny.

My advice is simple OP, dont pay the bill and they wont be long contacting you. Avoid company like the plague.

Alan,

I've PMd you my ac number and phone. I want a manager to read the letter that I wrote and I want a phone call after 6pm. Not today. Monday evening next week.

Will you get a manager to phone me?
    Thanks for the PM Lostinspace

The PM you sent does not mention what the issues are are nor does your post above. I understand from you post that there has been a lot of difficulties ion reaching eir customer care and I do wish to convey my apologies for this negative experience however if you could detail the issues I would be happy to help.

I understand that you have demanded a call after 6 on Monday however this will not be possible for two reasons, Should you wish to be contacted by management you will need to log an official complaint and for data protection reasons only the account holder has permission to speak about the account.

If you can send me a PM detailing the issues I will look in to this and contact your parents if required.

Thanks
    Al

Alan, it's as simple as this. I wrote a 3 page letter to your complaints department on Oct 16th. There were more than 10 issues outlined in the letter and I'm not going to repeat them here again. Well if you want I can publish them here in a public domain but between you and me they won't make pretty reading for Eir. Since boards.ie is heavily indexed by Google then I suggest that it's in your company's interests that I don't repeat the issues here.

I was told to write in based on advice from your customer service representative. I was then told last week that you only log complaints and don't actually reply to them. Having rang again after that I was told that this was a mistake and that I shouldn't have been given this information by Neil in your customer service team. I was told that I would receive a reply within 10 business days. The letter was sent in on Oct 16th, much more than 10 business days ago.

My Dad is the account holder and I wrote in on his behalf. He's 81 years of age and is quite distressed over the situation. He rang in last week himself to try and sort the issues but again got talking to some guy on the phone who wouldn't help him. This has gone beyond a joke.

I want a call from a manager please after 6pm and if Eir cannot manage that then please send me contact details for Carmel Fitzgerald, head of Customer Communications.

If I don't get any satisfaction then I will take further action.

I'm not going to ask again Alan. A phone call please...

Thank you

• Advertisement

Alan, it's as simple as this. I wrote a 3 page letter to your complaints department on Oct 16th. There were more than 10 issues outlined in the letter and I'm not going to repeat them here again. Well if you want I can publish them here in a public domain but between you and me they won't make pretty reading for Eir. Since boards.ie is heavily indexed by Google then I suggest that it's in your company's interests that I don't repeat the issues here.

I was told to write in based on advice from your customer service representative. I was then told last week that you only log complaints and don't actually reply to them. Having rang again after that I was told that this was a mistake and that I shouldn't have been given this information by Neil in your customer service team. I was told that I would receive a reply within 10 business days. The letter was sent in on Oct 16th, much more than 10 business days ago.

My Dad is the account holder and I wrote in on his behalf. He's 81 years of age and is quite distressed over the situation. He rang in last week himself to try and sort the issues but again got talking to some guy on the phone who wouldn't help him. This has gone beyond a joke.

I want a call from a manager please after 6pm and if Eir cannot manage that then please send me contact details for Carmel Fitzgerald, head of Customer Communications.

If I don't get any satisfaction then I will take further action.

I'm not going to ask again Alan. A phone call please...

Thank you
    HI Lostinspace

I will be happy to discus this with you over a call but I can't arrange a call after 6pm. I'm aware you do not want to discus the issues publicly which is why I have asked to PM me details of the issues and I will help. We will be unable to offer you contact details of the head of customer communications but I'm more than happy to help you.

Al

Alan,

I do appreciate your offer to call me but at this stage I would prefer to speak to management. There was been in excess of 25 calls since early September made by my family to Eircom to get a host of issues sorted. Each time we speak to a customer service representative we have to repeat ourselves.

I would like a call from a manager please as the issues with my Dad's account have not been addressed, despite countless calls. So, with all due respect, I would like to speak to a manager. If a manager doesn't have the courtesy to contact me after I made a complaint that wasn't replied to then what's the point in having a complaints department.

Alan, I really am not going to speak to another customer service rep. 20 + phone calls, several hours back and forth with no resolution. I appreciate you can't call me yourself after 6 but I know managers work after 6. Can you please do me a favour and pass my messages to a manager and ask them to call me, either after 6pm or at the weekend. And if you want to know exactly what the issues are please ask them to check the 3 page letter I wrote to your company on 16th October.

Thank you

I'm sorry Lostinspace

I can't arrange a call to you. I have checked your fathers account and there is no complaint on file. Can you confirm where you sent the letter to? Also, I can confirm that a complaint will only be taken from the account holder.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭swoofer

lostinspace you now have a valid reason to contact COMREG,   dont waste your time with eir on here,  when you complained to eir if it was by email then you should have got an acknowledgement but if it was letter in post then its the oldest trick in book to say " never received" unless you sent it registered.   send your complaint to ccm@eircom.ie  and copy comreg in, go to their website for the email address.  It is a statutory requirement that eir deal with complaints within a fixed time period and comeg can fine them.  The email will be your date of submission and the clock starts from that date.

this forum is only a fobbing off procedure.  If it was proper forum it would show the complaint process as a sticky.

ps the fact the party is 81 years eir are in deep poo

ps2 and copy it to their chief executive.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

swoofer wrote: »
    lostinspace you now have a valid reason to contact COMREG,   dont waste your time with eir on here,  when you complained to eir if it was by email then you should have got an acknowledgement but if it was letter in post then its the oldest trick in book to say " never received" unless you sent it registered.   send your complaint to ccm@eircom.ie  and copy comreg in, go to their website for the email address.  It is a statutory requirement that eir deal with complaints within a fixed time period and comeg can fine them.  The email will be your date of submission and the clock starts from that date.

this forum is only a fobbing off procedure.  If it was proper forum it would show the complaint process as a sticky.

ps the fact the party is 81 years eir are in deep poo

ps2 and copy it to their chief executive.
    Hi Lostinspace

Better still, go to the Comreg website and use the chat function to communicate directly with them - they will ask for the specifics that they can influence and help you to avoid any further tail-chasing. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Alan,

I do appreciate your offer to call me but at this stage I would prefer to speak to management. There was been in excess of 25 calls since early September made by my family to Eircom to get a host of issues sorted. Each time we speak to a customer service representative we have to repeat ourselves.

I would like a call from a manager please as the issues with my Dad's account have not been addressed, despite countless calls. So, with all due respect, I would like to speak to a manager. If a manager doesn't have the courtesy to contact me after I made a complaint that wasn't replied to then what's the point in having a complaints department.

Alan, I really am not going to speak to another customer service rep. 20 + phone calls, several hours back and forth with no resolution. I appreciate you can't call me yourself after 6 but I know managers work after 6. Can you please do me a favour and pass my messages to a manager and ask them to call me, either after 6pm or at the weekend. And if you want to know exactly what the issues are please ask them to check the 3 page letter I wrote to your company on 16th October.

Thank you
    Hi Lostinspace, 
    I have attempted to call you again today but was unable to speak with you or leave a message. I understand that you have sent on a letter to complaints and that you point out that this contains all data however I cannot locate this letter nor corresponding complaint reference. I can see notes going back to Sept on various issues. This may be reason you have not received response to your compliant. I have PM'd you now with more on this issue.
    Tony 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Alan,

Thank you
    Hi Lostinspace, 
    I have attempted to call you again today but was unable to speak with you or leave a message. I understand that you have sent on a letter to complaints and that you point out that this contains all data however I cannot locate this letter nor corresponding complaint reference. I can see notes going back to Sept on various issues. This may be reason you have not received response to your compliant. I have PM'd you now with more on this issue.
    Tony 
    Is it true that ye have a big bonfire with all the staff and complimentary marshmallows once a year using all the letter of complaints received?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deni20000

I see Alan has dissapeared to be replaced by the equally unhelpful Tony. It's absolutly impossible to get a manager of a company of this size to phone after 6 pm or to get the contact details of the head of Customer Communications - unbelievable. I would have thought the HoCC would be falling over herself to become aware of these problems - it's her job ffs. My wife had serious problems with them also - still ongoing. They must be losing a fortune due to the bad publicity caused by their poor customer service. This reflects very badly on the CEO, HoCC and other senior executives.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tshiggins

I have been involved in a very similar situation for the past month and a half, trying to get an issue resolved that was Eir's fault to begin with. My parents, both in their mid 70's, have been without a phone line for almost a month now. The line was disconnected for no reason whatsoever and then reconnected with a totally different number. Each time someone rings to try get it fixed, we're told "24-48" hours, so we haven't given out the new number to anyone as we believe there's no point. Eir have been absolutely no help in sorting this issue, but a bill arrived on Friday last with a €50 "service charge" attached.
    For what????

tshiggins wrote: »
    I have been involved in a very similar situation for the past month and a half, trying to get an issue resolved that was Eir's fault to begin with. My parents, both in their mid 70's, have been without a phone line for almost a month now. The line was disconnected for no reason whatsoever and then reconnected with a totally different number. Each time someone rings to try get it fixed, we're told "24-48" hours, so we haven't given out the new number to anyone as we believe there's no point. Eir have been absolutely no help in sorting this issue, but a bill arrived on Friday last with a €50 "service charge" attached.
    For what????
    Hi tshiggins

I have responded to you own thread advising that I will seek further clarification on the delays to restoring your old number to the now active line at your patents premises. With the intention of clarity I will update your own thread once I do have more information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Marjbloggs and Swoofer,

Thank you for your advice and I will indeed contact Comreg. The trick of "oh we never received your letter" appears to have been used in this situation.

Tony, I'm not going to be fobbed off any more. Under no circumstances am I going to leave this go. There's several issues at hand here and your doing sweet f**k all to sort it. I told you that I cannot accept calls in work during the day. I know your offices are open until 8pm and that there are managers on duty during that period. I've been told this before. What? They can't pick up the phone after 6pm?

The letter in question was sent to the following address on October 16th:

Eir Customer Complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1.

I'm back at home with my parents for the weekend and more annoyed than ever.

The first two bills that my Dad has received are 130.88 and 116.78, which are COMPLETELY different to what the Eircom sales representative told us back in September.

My Dad and Mum are utterly fed up with Eir. Your company are taking money from his account that he did not sign up for.

Since your company are consistently fobbing me off in the hope that I will go away then you've another thing coming.

Advertisement