Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Wicklow town

Options
  • 03-11-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi there,
    I'm looking at a house in Wicklow town in a estate called pierview. It's between the convent road and the green hills road. I have had a stroll around the estate called green hill at the back of it is hard to tell if it's a council /former council estate or not. If there is any Wicklow town boardsies out there , I would love your opinion please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

- De La Salle Court just below Pier Vew is a council estate.
    - Greenhill Court / Greenhill road is private (though may have rent allowance tennants)
    - Across from Pierview is Mount Carmel Avenue & St Laurences road, both former council estates a few decades ago, but mostly privately owned now.
    - Bayview Grange above Pierview is privately built, but the council rent a fair few of those units as well.
    - And looming above you is Sea Crest, the arm-pit of the town (aka Oceanview/Mountainview)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

- De La Salle Court just below Pier Vew is a council estate.
    - Greenhill Court / Greenhill road is private (though may have rent allowance tennants)
    - Across from Pierview is Mount Carmel Avenue & St Laurences road, both former council estates a few decades ago, but mostly privately owned now.
    - Bayview Grange above Pierview is privately built, but the council rent a fair few of those units as well.
    - And looming above you is Sea Crest, the arm-pit of the town (aka Oceanview/Mountainview)
    i think its gas that the place with the best views of wicklow bay is a run down council estate that if it were else where you would be paying big bucks for the view alone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

i think its gas that the place with the best views of wicklow bay is a run down council estate that if it were else where you would be paying big bucks for the view alone

Indeed, its quite beautiful there alright.... such a waste.

The locals prefer this as their view up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 wicklowgaz

Cheers lads, a local mans knowledge goes a long way.... Appreciate you guys being honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

i know only too well, i drive truck for a living and used be in wicklow twice a week, one morning bout 6am helped the gardai get a herd of horses off the road up that area, the wild west i used call it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

And looming above you is Sea Crest, the arm-pit of the town (aka Oceanview/Mountainview)

Love the description of Seacrest (sorry Ballyguile as they call themselves now - even though its the whole damn hill that's Ballyguile!). Deffo not the nicest spot in town, apart from the view!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LFeeFee

I'm looking at a house in this Mountain View estate. I will be a woman living alone/renting a room. It's one of the only places I can find in my price range so my question is would I be safe there living alone? Is there a lot of crime or is it just a bit of a run down estate?

Thanks,

Advertisement