Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre? When?

Options
  • 04-11-2015 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi eir reps,

I've found http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

But it's not telling me when?  The nearest cabinet on the map to me is about 1.5km away but it still should get us better speeds than what we have right now, around 4.5mb. There is a blue line passing our gate on the map but gives no info about timelines. 

The cabinet around 1.5km away is showing as a Live cabinet but not Fibre Services Live.  Not sure what this means either?  Can you explain please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Hi eir reps,

I've found http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

But it's not telling me when?  The nearest cabinet on the map to me is about 1.5km away but it still should get us better speeds than what we have right now, around 4.5mb. There is a blue line passing our gate on the map but gives no info about timelines. 

The cabinet around 1.5km away is showing as a Live cabinet but not Fibre Services Live.  Not sure what this means either?  Can you explain please?

Thanks.
    Hi nikkibikki

Please PM me your address (or better still land line number) and I will look in to this further for you

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

eir: Alan wrote:
    Please PM me your address (or better still land line number) and I will look in to this further for you

Sent landline number just before 1pm.

Originally posted by eir: Alan

Thanks nikkibikki

I'll have an update for you tomorrow :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Whats the story with NRY_004 cabinet in Nurney in Kildare. The cabinet is in since at least March and the fibre is in the ground since then the whole exchange is showing live on the where and when map but cabinet is shown as planned even though its there and guys testing it in June said it would be live asap. ?????

Originally posted by eir: Alan

Thanks for your PM nikkibikki

I'm sorry to confirm that there is no plan in place for eir to bring eFibre to your area.

The best advice that I can offer is to look in to the governments plans to deliver high speeds broadband to areas not currently in plans- it's called the national broadband plan - more details here: http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/communications/en-ie/Pages/ProgrammeAndScheme/National-Broadband-Plan.aspx

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Just bumping this ....

Whats the story with NRY1_004 cabinet in Nurney in Kildare. The cabinet is in since at least March and the fibre is in the ground since then the whole exchange is showing live on the where and when map but cabinet is shown as planned even though its there and guys testing it in June said it would be live asap. ?????

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Just bumping this ....

Whats the story with NRY1_004 cabinet in Nurney in Kildare. The cabinet is in since at least March and the fibre is in the ground since then the whole exchange is showing live on the where and when map but cabinet is shown as planned even though its there and guys testing it in June said it would be live asap. ?????
    Hi pmsurveys

A date has not yet been agreed for the launch of this cabinet. Unfortunately I can't discus eir internal planning process and infrastructural specifics but I can confirm more works to this cabinet are required. I did however contact eir networks and the best indication they can provide right now is that it should be ready in mid 2016.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement