Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The waterboys gig

Options
  • 04-11-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Did anyone make it to the gig in cilin hill and was it a good rattle.
    would have loved to have went but the monday night put me off big time.
    Hope it was a success and there will be more of those type of gigs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Ticket was €47.50. Waterboys in Vicar Street are €49 incl service charge.

Parking was €3.00 per car, no prior advertising that there was a car parking charge.

Ticket stated is was a seated event - about 30 chairs were put on in one corner. Given the average of the crowd, I'd say an event advertised as seated was a major plus to ticket buyers. I admit it was one reason I went. Staff at the entrance said there was a 'typing error' on the tickets which stated 'Fully seated event, unreserved seating'. That wasnt typing error - just bad organisation.

The sound wasnt too bad.

I'd like to give the venue another chance, so hopefully more live music is lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ghost_rider

I got stung/surprised by the parking charge at the Don McClean concert a few weeks ago :(

I was going to go to the Waterboys, but the Monday night, along with a few other things put me off. Doesn't sound good though that it wasn't fully seated, like advertised, so maybe I was better off.

I have to say I wasn't too impressed with the organisers at the Don McClean concert. While that was a fully seated event, I felt that there was an air of inexperience & "roughness" to the organisers at the event. The black Hummer parked outside the front door, with Don McClean & Waterboys posters stuck to the windows, struck me as being, how should I put this, "a little bit Gypsy".

What I'm hearing & reading about the Waterboys concert doesn't really go to changing my opinion :(

The Hub is quite a good venue, not brilliant by any stretch, but pretty good & I'd love to see more concerts being held there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Spoke to several people who were at it and they are big music fans and also involved in managing bands and running gigs. They said it was one of the best gigs they had seen in years. Sound was incredible apparently. 450 was the attendance and they played for two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roller6666

650 was actual attendance,band played for 1 hr 45 min including encore,sound was really good,bar was well run by langtons and venue looked great.
    Only quibbles were the crowd bring fairly subdued (to be expected on a Monday I suppose ) and the €3 parking cost though this is charged by the hub not the gig promoters.all in all,a great night from a great band.

Advertisement