Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions from a noob

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

BeerNut wrote: »
    I've done it straight and also with chillies. It finishes with a fair bit of residual sugar, presumably because I'm topping up with spraymalt, and that chocolate sweetness works brilliantly with the chillies.

Wow - brilliant I must give it a go.

So the Chillies are they fresh or dried? In at the start or added later?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

So the Chillies are they fresh or dried? In at the start or added later?
    Fresh, but frozen, quartered, boiled in a minimal amount of water to sanitise and then pitched in with the yeast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

BeerNut - as ever - thanks very much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

I just made a RIS with Ancho Chillies (among other additions) in it, Anchos are mild enough but still pack a lot of flavour - just right for a beer. Would recommend them to go in during conditioning stage in the fermenter.

this also might help http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/wordpress/how-to-kit-hack-intermediate/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

be careful boiling chillies! I hacked that very kit with chillies back in the day, and it was like tear gas in my kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I hacked that very kit with chillies back in the day, and it was like tear gas in my kitchen.
    Well, if you can't stand the heat...

Advertisement