Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food truck!

Options
  • 04-11-2015 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,

I`m thinking to open a business that involve a food truck. Is there any way i can buy a food truck that has all the equipment installed (used car), or is better to buy a van/used ambulance and just to pay the conversion work. What you guys suggest, and from where i can find any used food truck/ambulance?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Your best bet would be to check out the Motoring & Transport category - especially the Motorhomes & Campervans or Projects & Builds forums.

When you want to know how to flip a burger - pop back here. ;)

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AndreiF

Ha ha, flip a burger....that`s good one!

Yeah, thanks, i will try to see the motor category!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

AndreiF wrote: »
    Ha ha, flip a burger....that`s good one!

Yeah, thanks, i will try to see the motor category!

A simple googling will show many food trucks on sale, even companies that custom build in north dublin, however as a food producer myself, getting a truck would be the very last on the list as your menu and budget for fit out would dictate what you can get, regardless of your training in both food production and business management

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Why cant we be more proactive and encourgage people in this country, food trucks thrive in usa and canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Why cant we be more proactive and encourgage people in this country, food trucks thrive in usa and canada.

oh stop its heartbreaking! a lot of it has to do with council trading fees(which can be crazy) and some of the public in general not wanting to try new things.
    For someone starting out its horrific and takes a lot of work and dedication to make it work. like most businesses i guess!

If you could OP, id suggest getting a custom fitted one for what ever you are doing, because depending on what your product is, the Health inspector/HSE will have an awful lot to say about what you can have/where it can go..what you can cook etc.
    but if its just an ordinary chip/burger van then an already kitted out one will be fine im sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Advertisement