Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the name of the bowl/dish

Options
  • 04-11-2015 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Apologies if this isn't the correct thread, couldn't see anywhere I'd be more likely to get an answer.

Can anyone tell me what the name of the bowl/dish that is used in this video?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It looks like an egg-coddler. Not usually meant for serving, but rather for cooking coddled/poached eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

It looks like an egg-coddler. Not usually meant for serving, but rather for cooking coddled/poached eggs.

Definitely not an egg coddler and egg poachers normally have a lid and are metal.

Possibly a devilled egg server?

True. Looks a bit heavy for a serving dish though. Maybe for baking eggs?

Actually looks like a yoke I was served ridiculously over-priced grilled snails in with butter & garlic when in gay Paree one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yep, looks like a snail dish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd go with the escargo dish too.
    Otherwise known as a stupid, not very attractive , gimmicky container to serve an unimaginative, 1980s style fish dishe in to make it seem somehow trendy.

That recipe is everything I dislike about French inspired cooking.

• Advertisement

A quick Google would seem to confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Firblog

That recipe is everything I dislike about French inspired cooking.

Any recommendations recipes for an easy fish starter would be gratefully accepted :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Firblog wrote: »
    Any recommendations recipes for an easy fish starter would be gratefully accepted :D

Some nice ones in the Cooking Club starters list: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93419194&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Hi Folks

Apologies if this isn't the correct thread, couldn't see anywhere I'd be more likely to get an answer.

Can anyone tell me what the name of the bowl/dish that is used in this video?

An escargot dish as others have said and a daft presentation. The fish would be horribly overdone by pan then oven cooking and overwhelmed by all that cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Did you really fancy the cream & prawns combo? You could do Floyd's Prawns with Pernod and Mushrooms en papillote. I've cooked this in the distant past and given it a neon bookmark in the little free recipe book that came with kitchen roll!

• Advertisement
Advertisement