Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming Super + Tax back

Options
  • 04-11-2015 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi all quick question, im back in Ireland and my Australian Visa runs out this week so im looking at claiming my Super from my whole time in Oz as well as the Tax that I paid from July and August this year, need it to pay University fees! But do I apply for my Tax first or my Super? Or do I claim for them both at the same time. Was going to go through one of the Tax agents but the prices they have quoted are mental. Thanks for any answers! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

You can file a physical tax return before you leave for the year back to last June, otherwise I think you have to wait until the end of the tax year to use etax. I got mine back after three months after submitting the paper form return.

I think I needed a tax summary from my employer. I filed for a medicare rebate without the clarence from Hobart and still got it. Super takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

catbear wrote: »
    You can file a physical tax return before you leave for the year back to last June, otherwise I think you have to wait until the end of the tax year to use etax. I got mine back after three months after submitting the paper form return.

I think I needed a tax summary from my employer. I filed for a medicare rebate without the clarence from Hobart and still got it. Super takes longer.

Ah right, so you claimed for Tax before you claimed for Super? Was told I can send in a paper form for my Tax, think I can do the Super online, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Ah right, so you claimed for Tax before you claimed for Super? Was told I can send in a paper form for my Tax, think I can do the Super online, thanks!
    You might want to check about the super, I left before my visa expired so there was a whole visa cancellation process that I didn't have time to go through. You might be able to start the ball rolling before you leave. Contact your super provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Open to correction here but Im sure that you will have to pay 35% tax on your super if you want to withdraw it, however if you transfer it to an irish pension fund you do not have to pay that tax might be worth considering.

Also the deadline for the online e-tax submission was 31-10-2015 so you will probably have submit a paper based application

Advertisement