Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights flickering due to shed tools!

Options
  • 04-11-2015 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hey,

Moved into a rental house 2 months ago. I was told the shed powers the house. The shed is 50 metres away in the next garden. The landlord uses the shed for work.

He has 2 metres so bills are divided. But recently when I hear power tools being used (saw, drills) the lights in the house dim considerably and constantly flicker. The radio & TV also go wonky.

Is there anything the landlord can do to rectify this electrically ? I already spoke to him but he said it won't happen often. I don't want it happening at all.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Nono Toure wrote: »
    Hey,

Moved into a rental house 2 months ago. I was told the shed powers the house. The shed is 50 metres away in the next garden. The landlord uses the shed for work.

He has 2 metres so bills are divided. But recently when I hear power tools being used (saw, drills) the lights in the house dim considerably and constantly flicker. The radio & TV also go wonky.

Is there anything the landlord can do to rectify this electrically ? I already spoke to him but he said it won't happen often. I don't want it happening at all.

Thanks

He probably needs another supply to the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Nono Toure wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks
    So the house your renting is supplied from the shed which in turn is supplied from the landlords house. You have a meter in your house I'm guessing the landlord reads and works out the bill that way. Am I correct ? Or do you get a separate bill from ESB ? What I'm getting at is the landlord has the shed and your house fed from his own house. This shouldn't be the case. You can contact ESB networks and complain about low voltage. They will uncover what I suspect to be the case and your landlord will have to apply for a new stand alone connection to your house. You can run in to all sorts of trouble with electronics and bad voltage levels so try to get this sorted asap

Advertisement