Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming pc

Options
  • 04-11-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

My son has asked for a gaming PC for Xmas and he wants to build it. (13 yrs old)

I'm thinking about the following as a decent mid level set up and would appreciate thoughts before I take the plunge. Planning to get most components from mind factory ( case I'm getting from Amazon) - cost is about €900. Will be running into FHD LG 32" TV.

Intel I5 6600 - processor
    Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard
    Crucial ballistix sport 8gb ( will add more later if needed)
    MSIGeForce gtx 970 gaming 4g
    Sandisk SSD 120gb disk
    Seagate barracuda 1tb hard drive
    Cooler master hyper 212 Evo fan
    TP link wifi adapter
    Win 10

Any suggestions on a decent case and what power I'd need to run this? Want to keep case as low as possible but not one that is difficult to build with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

500W would be plenty for this in a PSU. Even a 450W would do. I recommend Corsair PSUs. Haven't had a problem with one yet.
    That's a very powerful rig, should last a long time.
    Look into homeplugs rather than wifi. This build deserves a fast link to the modem.

Most people recommend the Nanoxia Deep Silence due to the sound dampening properties. I've used Bitfenix before and found them to be pleasant cases to work in.
    If you want to make the case a bit smaller, look at m-atx boards and supporting cases. Unless you meant price wise, in which case Bitfenix and Coolermaster have a lot of choice for any budget.

Advertisement