Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vw t4 conversion

Options
  • 04-11-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I'm a newbie but I really need some help. I'm planning on getting a t4 as a project for over the winter. What i want to do is put 2x windows in the sides and 3x seats behind the cab, I don't want a bulk head in it as I plan to either put a full width rock n roll bed in or a diy sleep area. I don't want to cook in it, so turning it into a full camper is not for me. In a nut shell I just want to turn it into a bloody big estate car so I have room for the 2x big dogs, 3x kids oh and the Mrs ( better not forget her). I have searched everywhere for answers to my questions so I know what I have to do to convert it. Just need answers/help for these last couple of questions I have before I make my mind up. The t4 in mind is either a 1.9, a 2.4 is not out of the question but as I will be taxing it privately might just push the budget to max. So here are my questions.
    Q1, Can I get this conversion changed from a van to an mpv? I don't want it changed to a velle the vrt is huge on that. I don't want it changed to a crew cab either as I don't want the bulk head in it.
    Q2, Anyone know what to change it to for the cheapest vrt?
    Q3, Anyone out there done this and how much did they sting you for vrt.
    If it is going to cost an open fortune to do this I might just go and get a velle but 1.9 are hard to come across here. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is this meant to be about a motor vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pistnbroke

Hi, yes it is, Have I got it in the wrong area? apologies if I have I'm learning the ropes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Possibly you want the campers section of motors:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=884

Advertisement