Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for hairdressers

Options
  • 04-11-2015 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What would happen if I used 20vol developer on my hair and nothing else?
    The reason I ask is I have highlighted hair and I got a water softener system installed. As a result its taken the limescale out of my pipes so the water is absorbing copper from the pipes (whereas the limescale would form a coating around the pipes) turning my fab blonde locks into a green hue on my crown.
    I went to my hairdresser and she has no idea how to get rid of it......
    I've tried tomato ketchup, lemon juice, aspirin, baking soda most home remedies found on dr google but to of no avail. My hairdresser said the only way to get rid of colour is colour but its a build up more than colour. I even bought Joico Chelating shampoo but its not working....even though my hair feels amazing it doesn't look it

I don't want to highlight my hair again as it was only done 2 weeks ago and whist the green went during the highlighting process its back as soon as I started to wash it. So it got me thinking will the developer alone without the powder bleach work?
    I'm out of ideas

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

If the green went during the tinting process, it's more likely due to your hair being porous and the colour washing out rather than the water you are using.

If it's caused by copper metal residue applying the peroxide will react with the metals, fizz and if it's particularly bad, it could break off. Ask your hairdresser to do an incompatibility test, and if she doesn't know how to, find a new hairdresser! This is basic level 2 hairdressing training.

If you've applied an ash colour to very bleached porous hair, it will still need a filler adding, otherwise it washes straight out leaving a blue/green residue.

Peroxide opens the cuticles, so will cause a degree of damage as it's not meant to be used as a substitute for bleach. You've probably read something about a bleach wash/soap cap, but you wouldn't use peroxide for removing tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

What colour was your hair leaving the salon?

Advertisement