Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman sleeps with man. Man cuts off contact. Woman blames Tinder.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I couldn't believe this got a write up in the paper.
    Or a thread in AH ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Honestly, the independent online editorial team must be staffed with 17 year old girls. How this makes headlines in a national news paper, albeit online edition, is beyond me.

And mores the the point, who gives a fúck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

'The Irish Independent - for all the sh!t that's fit to print'
    Seana said the experience has caused her to abandon Tinder as she is conscious of the ingenuine men on the dating app.

“A girl would never open herself up like that if they are going to drop the mic and walk away a few days later but fellas would,” she said.

God help her and her naivete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Tinder is a dating app?

I thought it was a hook up app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

“A girl would never open herself up like that if they are going to drop the mic and walk away a few days later but fellas would,” she said.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Future-faking ? FFS !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Keyzer wrote: »
    Honestly, the independent online editorial team must be staffed with 17 year old girls. How this makes headlines in a national news paper, albeit online edition, is beyond me.

They have a quota of x stories per day each, blame the management!

Can this be deleted? It's stupid and idiotic and is just giving a platform for stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Next up we have another woman in "he invited me over for Netflix and chill but then he wanted to have sex!" Shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS this has been happening long before the internet was a twinkle in Tim Berners-Lee's eye!

I would say that a majority of guys have been guilty of this at least once in their lives !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Indo readers. If people didn't click through to these kinds of stories they'd stop publishing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I'll give her a hint
    "we were exchanging forty messages each day"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

This brings a joke to mind:

"Women think their great because they can fake orgasms... that's nothing, men can fake entire relationships just for sex"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

On the one hand I feel sorry for her because she does seem incredibly naive and relatively new to the dating scene again after a marriage break up so she is probably vulnerable, it seems like they were getting to know each other and in a lot of contact and then they sleep together and she doesn't hear from him again.

I mean if I had a one night stand I wouldn't expect to hear from the person again, or if it was supposed to be a no-strings thing, but it seems like he did lead her on and then just cut off contact once they had sex.

Of course I'd be annoyed if it happened to me, but the last thing I'd do would be to go on the radio and talk to Ryan Tubridy about it, the mortifying shame of it. As if I'd want the public to know this non-story about me, as it really shouldn't be an article in a newspaper, it is not newsworthy, things like this happen every day and you dust yourself off and try again. I think that tinder is obviously not for her, as it seems to be more of a hook-up app than a dating app from what I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hahaha, I saw the thread title on the front page and thought to myself - bet that's an Indo story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

PELEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.

by doing so you reward and encourage a national newspaper for using this vapid moronic content.

We can do better than this. This is not news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

gandalf wrote: »

I would say that a majority of guys have been guilty of this at least once in their lives !!!

I would say a fair few females too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

wow, hard to believe a 36 year old can be so naive. She should stick to the local dances halls and be wary when guys approach from the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

First thought was she must be fairly awful in bed? Even if a guy is just after sex, if it's any way decent the first time he's going to want to do it again.

Probably should have thrown her the oul "I'm just not ready for anything serious, it's not you, it's me" rather than dropping off the map though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Stranger Danger

OneOfThem wrote: »
    First thought was she must be fairly awful in bed? Even if a guy is just after sex, if it's any way decent the first time he's going to want to do it again.

Yeah, you're not going to spend 3 weeks wooing a woman, sending '40 odd texts a day, bringing her on dates and then just to dump her after one round of sex.

That's a very big investment of time and money for a poor return.

People who are dumped after this type of scenario are obviously fairly awful in bed. The man decides to spare her feelings and confidence by not telling her this, then gets labelled a bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its click bait don't people realise that, traditional media is devouring its self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Tinder...doing women no favours since 2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was going to say I cant believe this story was a main headline on the Indo website. But actually I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not every Tinderella can be a Cinderella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Yeah, you're not going to spend 3 weeks wooing a woman, sending '40 odd texts a day, bringing her on dates and then just to dump her after one round of sex.

That's a very big investment of time and money for a poor return.

People who are dumped after this type of scenario are obviously fairly awful in bed. The man decides to spare her feelings and confidence by not telling her this, then gets labelled a bastard.

I don't know I went on a date with a girl who had a story of a guy who "date" her for two months only to disappear after sex, she was understandably a bit pissed of.

Its a dick move though its not that hard to get casual sex and a surprising amount of women are open to the fcuk buddy thing if they get on well with you which lasting three dates would indicate.
    ^^
    Above is a good example of thanks whoring and humble bragging at the same time B-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Headline says enough for me really:

Mum (36) tells RTE's Ryan Tubridy: 'I feel duped, naive and gullible' after being ghosted on Tinder

And so you shoud tbh. If someone uses tinder before they use google, I can't work up any sympathy for them whatsoever. The fact that this person is 36 years of age just makes this story all the more incredible. I'm not suggesting it doesn't happen, but the fact that she saw fit to go to the national media about it, provides a perfect explanation as to why the chap may have done a runner without leaving a note and a box of milk tray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

.....not yer man anyway :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

People open mouth, stupid shít comes out. Internet helps. Pointless, dull thread started. More later, right here! Over to you, Bob... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

PELEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.

by doing so you reward and encourage a national newspaper for using this vapid moronic content.

We can do better than this. This is not news.

Think of future history students. They need that kind of stuff to break up the monotony in their research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Took him three weeks to seal the deal on tinder? That's the real story here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"he rode me sideways Joe"

The Humanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have the opposite problem; I can't get lads off tinder to feck off. She must have been rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

They slept together after only 3 weeks? Holy sh1t! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

kylith wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem; I can't get lads off tinder to feck off.

Sellers market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Wow, People using dating just to get sex. What a shocker... Why do I get a feeling this generation has the naivety of a 5 year old and then wants to blame everyone else for their own poor judgement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Man utilises tools at his disposal to get casual sex by deception. Stop the presses. Only been going on for 12,000 years.....

I must admit I do love the phrase 'drop the mic', I'm having that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Imagine the guy heard the interview. Cringe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

eternal wrote:
    Next we'll be hearing guys on forums are trying to pick up chicks for sex. Who knew.

sup

Imagine the guy heard the interview. Cringe...

I imagine that's exactly what this woman is hoping for, or was hoping for at least, by giving an interview in the national media and giving her name - trial by social media for the other clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I have the opposite problem; I can't get lads off tinder to feck off. She must have been rubbish.
    You know, this did come to mind.

They chat for a few weeks, meet up and date for a few more, forty messages each day and at the end he sleeps with her only the once... turns out, at the final hurdle, they weren't compatible, after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I imagine that's exactly what this woman is hoping for, or was hoping for at least, by giving an interview in the national media and giving her name - trial by social media for the other clown.

That backfired on her a bit then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Next we'll be reading that a girl got sh1t faced in Coppers, slept with a red haired hurler called Tadhg, and is now looking for him to contact her urgently, as she has just had a red haired child

That backfired on her a bit then.

I think a more accurate headline should read -

I feel duped, naive and gullible' after being ghosted on Tinder and I want revenge.

It's not too often I'd say it so blatantly, but I genuinely believe this woman is an idiot, and this can only be a learning experience for her, in a few ways. Whether she actually does learn anything from it, is another matter entirely, but I wouldn't hold my breath tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just waiting for the exposé when they find out about nightclubs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Man utilises tools at his disposal to get casual sex by deception. Stop the presses. Only been going on for 12,000 years.....

I must admit I do love the phrase 'drop the mic', I'm having that.

Not sure I'd even call it deception, bit of a dick move alright but that's about it. Its not as if he has to pledge his soul to her in return for taking her virtue.

Two adults have consensual sex, one has no further interest,no big deal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Senior Spielbergo

Youd think she would have told at least one person about this new chap she was seeing, and the following demise.
    Youd also think that they would have advised her not to go on the fncking radio about it!

Seems a bit dramatic to me. He probably dodged a bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

People are just so embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Surely he has the right to remove consent to going out with her without being seen as a villian. Isn't that part of no means no? Sure telling he saw a future for them if he had already decided to bail after sex would be dickish (I have no idea if he said that, I am not rewarding them with clicks) but that is the lying more so that anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There's no harm having a conversation at this level about dating apps and how it has affected how people get together etc.

What is drawing all of the ridicule is that the article and headline are phrased as if this specific event in question is breaking news of national importance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

tritium wrote: »
    Not sure I'd even call it deception, bit of a dick move alright but that's about it.
    Well, he could have told her why he didn't want to continue, but I get the feeling that "we're sexually incompatible" or "you're a bit too intense" wouldn't have made things any easier for her.

Of course, he could have been looking for a one-night-stand, but to me it makes no sense that anyone, male or female, would pursue someone for a solid 45 days for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement