Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM question

Options
  • 04-11-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just bought this HyperX Savage 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 2400 MHz DDR3 CL11 UDIMM XMP Memory Module. It's still unopened.

Now I'm thinking I should have gotten 2x8gb instead as I want 16gb ram.

I have 4 slots on this new board. Is 4x4gb the same performance wise as the 2x8gb?

I have 2 options right now:
    1. Send back the 2x4gb sticks and purchase 2x8gb sticks
    2. Purchase an additional 2x4gb sticks.

Any ideas folks ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Hi all,

I just bought this HyperX Savage 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 2400 MHz DDR3 CL11 UDIMM XMP Memory Module. It's still unopened.

Now I'm thinking I should have gotten 2x8gb instead as I want 16gb ram.

I have 4 slots on this new board. Is 4x4gb the same performance wise as the 2x8gb?

I have 2 options right now:
    1. Send back the 2x4gb sticks and purchase 2x8gb sticks
    2. Purchase an additional 2x4gb sticks.

Any ideas folks ?

Only practical difference is that you can only have max 16gb with 4gb sticks but unless you intend to increase at some point it'd make no real difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Cheers Ant695, I've sent back the 2x4gb and have ordered the 2x8gb instead :)

Advertisement