Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year student transfer from Animal Science to Zoology

Options
  • 04-11-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm a first year student currently studying Animal Science. I enjoy the general science classes and also enjoyed the Animal Science class at the start, but have become increasingly less interested as the class changes from covering general evolution principals to focusing on agricultural animals only such as pigs and sheep. I don't have a huge interest in Agriculture and was under the presumption ( my own fault I know, I didn't do enough research) that this course would not be as focused on Agriculture as the other AgSci courses.

I have been made aware of a Zoology course and have found out that I have above the leaving cert points needed to go attend it and it seems to be much more focused on my interests. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the transfer process, as well as their general opinion on wither or not this is a good idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Could you chat with some of your lecturers/tutors/demonstrators and see what they say. It may also be worthwhile calling into your programme office and/or student advisor to see if they could give you some information. It wouldn't be the first time that somebody has transferred between subjects.

Advertisement