Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delay in transfer

Options
  • 04-11-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Until the introduction of SEPA the state pension for my wife and myself had for years come like clockwork into our account every four weeks on the Friday. From the of SEPA's introduction, we receive our pension on the Monday. Could you explain why we are deprived of money at weekends and bank holidays - that is Friday to Tuesday and seems very wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Until the introduction of SEPA the state pension for my wife and myself had for years come like clockwork into our account every four weeks on the Friday. From the of SEPA's introduction, we receive our pension on the Monday. Could you explain why we are deprived of money at weekends and bank holidays - that is Friday to Tuesday and seems very wrong.
    Hi,

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.[/font]

This would depend on the day of the week the transfer is made into your bank account from the sender. As soon as we receive payments for your bank account we’d credit your account immediately.

It’d be necessary to discuss this with the sender.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 15 theloniusplonk

• I must apologise - I omitted to say it was a State British Pension and I also ne'er stand there has been know change to their time of sending
    • That is why I thought SEPA might have some relevance because of the U.K. Being outside the Eur zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

• I must apologise - I omitted to say it was a State British Pension and I also ne'er stand there has been know change to their time of sending
    • That is why I thought SEPA might have some relevance because of the U.K. Being outside the Eur zone.

[*]
    Hi,

As we’re the receiving bank we have no control over incoming payments and will credit all payments to your account as soon as they are received by ourselves.

It'd be necessary to check why there has been a change in the date you receive payments with the sender directly.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 15 theloniusplonk

I must make myself clearer. The sender has not altered time of sending for years. I have double-checked. For 18 years we received our UK pensions on a Friday. Just over a year ago (at the time of SEPA introduction) we began receiving our pension on a Monday (Tuesdays if a bank holiday occurred). If the sender sends at the same time and BoI credits the payment when received where is the money in the meantime? Obviously, we would rather the money over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi theloniusplonk, 

If SEPA is affecting the date on which you receive your payments, it would be necessary to contact the UK pension company and ask if they could bring forward the date on which they make the payment. 

This may enable your credit to come in earlier. As mentioned by my colleagues, we do not have control over incoming payments, so this must be done from the payers account. 
    Apologies we could not be of further assistance, and thank you for getting in touch on Boards.ie today.

Evie 

• Advertisement
Advertisement